Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: This Weeks Action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This Weeks Action

Have always found netting on the league fairly profitable as i think its one area where i think i have slightly more knowledge than the odds-compilers so think with peoples combined knowledge on this site surely we could help each other make a few quid for those away journeys throughout the year. Anyway i usually do a big double every week and then a smaller bet on a treble/accum. Try to limit my acca to 4 teams as its tough enough to get that many never mind anymore.
    Anyway my big double this week is going to be Waterford at home to the youths at 4/9 and Derry at home to Cork at 4/5.{both prices from boylesports appear to be the best}50 on that returns 130. Wterford have addded well to their squad this year and i think will be competing with derry for honours while wexford seem to be poorer starting out this year than last. In the other match Derry will surely have too much for a Cork side only formed last week and are bound to be struggling preparation wise. I think Derrys starting 11 will be pretty decent for div 1 and add in the Brandywell factor this has to be a home banker.
    Im gonna go for 4 teams in this weeks accum. The above 2 with Dundalk away to Bray at 10/11 and Limerick away to Mervue at 8/11. 20 quid on them 4 will pay just over 170. Good luck all!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I rarely bet on the first division, and will definitely see how things shape up before venturing into any markets.

I'll be backing Dundalk (large). Bray were abysmal in their friendly v Pats and afaik haven't brought in any one with premier experience since. While I think pats should beat Galway, I couldn't advise them at 8/13.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Hi, Raheny Red is usually the man to look out for LOI bets, he had a memorable run a good while ago

Nice tips - yeah Dundalk look fairly good at that price, might take that one up myself
    and Limerick

interesting one might be V Faherty to score against Galway 17/10?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Gone for a Dundalk, Limerick, Waterford treble. €10 returns €49.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Dundalk to win both halves@11/2 (1pt) and Dundalk to win@2.1 (3pts) are all I've done so far.

The other games in the Premier look too close to call or not much value (I think Bohs will win for example but not going to risk for very little return). Bit of value in the First; Limerick, Athlone and Longford look tempting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Should point out I've already backed Finglas at a huge price to beat Bohs (think I posted in a general thread)
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Have 2 pts on Dundalk @ 11/10 from earlier in the week. That's all I've done so far. Derry and Athlone are tempting me as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Have 2 pts on Dundalk @ 11/10 from earlier in the week. That's all I've done so far. Derry and Athlone are tempting me as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Ya have slightly altered my bets after reading this thread and was thinking jus bad Bray actally are. Aswell as the double and the accum ive done a treble with Derry, Waterford and Dundalk which pays just over 4/1 with Boyles.

Would usually agree with ya Dodge re the 1st division but i jus really think Derry and Waterford are actually value in their prices. I would have priced Derry up at around 2/5 given the respective nature of each squad and Corks problems while im pretty sure that if Waterford and Wexford was on in 3 weeks Waterford would be about 1-4.(I accept that because its first game that the lack of respective form for each side is a factor in the price but jus really see Waterford goin well this year)

Bennocelt try to steer clear of player score anytime markets coz the prices really are too tight in favour of the bookmaker. Dman i like that Dundalk bet, where is that??What do you think of the students tomo??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Went for Dundalk at 2.2 with PP earlier in the week and Derry at 1.81 on Betfair.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Dundalk the obvious choice here to defeat a very weak looking Bray side. Bray only found out last Monday that they would be taking part in the Premier Division and had been preparing for the First Division up to that point. Most of their squad is from their A Championship team of last season, the vast majority of them being young, inexperienced players. Dundalk should win this one comfortably.

I fancy Limerick and Longford to win their opening games in the First Division. Mervue were **** poor last season and Limerick should be capable of beating them. Longford have made some good signings and Cousins is a good manager at this level so they should be much improved this season.

Verdict:

Dundalk to win both halves@11/2- 1pt
    Dundalk to win@11/10- 3pts
    Limerick to win @10/11- 2.5pts
    Longford to win@7/5- 2pts

A lot of tough games to call this week, I fancy Bohs, Derry, Athlone and Waterford to win as well but won't be backing as they don't represent value/too tough to call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I know Bray have been leaking goals pre-season but I'm not sure I'd be backing Dundalk at the current price. If they were as bad as the pre-season suggests then Eddie Gormley isn't going to be playing an open game against Dundalk. I also don't really like the look of Dundalk's team, up front they've a lot of creative players but not anyone to stick the ball in the net! I definitely understand the logic of backing them but I think I might lay them at 1.8 now.

The draw in Drogheda v UCD at 12/5 looks like a tempting price and under 2.5 goals in Shelbourne v Monaghan at evens in Division 1 will be my bets.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    have they really been backed into 1.8? Suppose it doesn't take too much to move it in LOI terms
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Haven't looked into anything too deeply so just a small treble on:

Derry City @ 13/20
    Limerick 37 @ 7/10
    Under2.5 (shels V Mon U) @ 19/20
    Treble @ 5.47
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Dundalk to win both halves@11/2 (1pt) and Dundalk to win@2.1 (3pts) are all I've done so far.
    Sticking 2 points on that one. Reasonable chance, I reckon. Foster's Galway team won several away games last year and if Bray's supposed pre-season form is anythign to go by, could be a good one for me.