Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Ratings vs Brazil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It's a difficult match to give ratings for, such was the gap in performance level between the first and second half. It would have been mostly 7's and 8's in the first half and 3's and 4's in the second, anyway...

GIVEN 6 No mistakes, no very difficult saves to make
    KELLY 6.5 Looked more like the Kelly who was ever present for Birmingham in 2007/08
    McSHANE 5 Always looks like he's going to do something ridiculous and rarely disappoints, one shocking mistake
    ST LEDGER 5.5 Started well but got less and less comfortable as the game went on, one shocking mistake also
    KILBANE 5 Should be more careful in possession for a player with such experience
    LAWRENCE 3 One of those nights, seems to be playing less regularly for Stoke also
    ANDREWS 7 Outstanding in the first half, awful mistake out the right in second and generally deteriorated
    WHELAN 6.5 Some good blocks and nice passes in an attacking sense in first half
    DUFF 7 Really looks to be enjoying his football, by a distance our biggest attacking threat
    KEANE 5 Started reasonably well but faded badly
    DOYLE 8 Probably our only outfield player as impressive in both halves

As for the subs- GIBSON didn't contribute much, one nice turn in his own penalty box. McGEADY continued from where he left off at Ibrox i.e. shocking. I don't think he's a good impact sub anyway, needs to feel his way into game and get the measure of his opponent. McCARTHY did his best to throw himself about in fairness and had a couple of decent moments, in particular a nice bit of skill to keep the ball in play down the right. Also won a couple of decent tackles but had come on at a very difficult period. Could possibly have been played in by Best if he hadn't shot. BEST didn't have much of an impact but wasn't on all that long.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 03/03/2010 at 4:15 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    St. Ledger is a good player, McShane isn't. McShane is an average Junior player at best.
    Not the question I asked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They both made mistakes but McShane's were worse. There was one passage in the first half where instead of passing the ball back to Given he knocked it square to Sledge who was rapidly closed down and then had to pass it over to Kilbane, who lost possession and gave away a throw in. There was nothing either Sledge or Kilbane could really have done better, McShane knocked it square across his own back four without looking and if he had passed it back to Given it would have been hit long and though we would probably have lost possession, it would have been in a much less dangerous area of the pitch. McShane just takes more chances and makes worse choices than someone with his limited ability should. He reminds me entirely of the way I play at centre back; that is, too risky for either the position or my own good. Sledge is much more solid and less likely to take risks (plus I think he is a better header of the ball and a greater threat at set pieces).
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Can somebody tell me what McShane did wrong that St Ledger didn't? Either they both did well or neither of them did - there wasn't much to choose between them.
    exactly my thoughts
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Still, I can't imagine Shane Duffy will be too troubled by thoughts of the quality of the players currently ahead of him in the queue.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Still, I can't imagine Shane Duffy will be too troubled by thoughts of the quality of the players currently ahead of him in the queue.
    let him worry about gettin regular Premiership football like McShane first before he can start thinking of making the squad..... but yeah u are right to be fair
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I doubt Paul McShane is too worried by the quality of players currently behind him in the queue. I'm not his boyfriend or anything, but the animosity he generates around here reminds me of Dunphy.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Have to agree, there was no difference between McShane and St. Ledger but I am never at ease when McShane is on the pitch.

I'm not a big fan of Stephen Kelly but I have to take my hat of to him for last nights performance.

Whelan impressed me, Andrews did not. Doyle was great in the air and would be my MOTM. Keane worked his socks off and did very well in the 1st half. Couldn't help but think that he saw this as an opportunity to audition to potential future managers though!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny82 View Post
    Have to agree, there was no difference between McShane and St. Ledger but I am never at ease when McShane is on the pitch.

I'm not a big fan of Stephen Kelly but I have to take my hat of to him for last nights performance.

Whelan impressed me, Andrews did not. Doyle was great in the air and would be my MOTM. Keane worked his socks off and did very well in the 1st half. Couldn't help but think that he saw this as an opportunity to audition to potential future managers though!!!

spot on. Keane is promoting himself....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Another idiotic response from Yapster.
    If was some award for the most idiotic and negative drivel ever on Footie, Yapster you would be my nominee.
    And there has been some competition for that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If was some award for the most idiotic and negative drivel ever on Footie, Yapster you would be my nominee.

I bow before you then...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Have a feeling on basis of quotes seen elsewhere, he's not actually a fan of the Irish team, which is fair enough, I suppose.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Have a feeling on basis of quotes seen elsewhere, he's not actually a fan of the Irish team, which is fair enough, I suppose.

Yes I am.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12