Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Great news for brady. Mclaughlin is off with liverpool on their pre season too also

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Great news for brady. Mclaughlin is off with liverpool on their pre season too also
    Positive news alright. Looks a talent.

Just to keep things in perspective tho, remember that Fergie took McShane on first team tours pre season too. Guess that means we shouldnt read too much into it!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    liamoo, are you referring to Ryan McLaughlin? Isn't he a NI player or has he declared for us?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    liamoo, are you referring to Ryan McLaughlin? Isn't he a NI player or has he declared for us?
    yes he has played underage for the north but he is a big republic supporter on twitter. will be interesting to see if he switches for his last year at under 19. If he does stay with the north then fair play to him as well. Last year was his first at liverpool and hopefully there will be an irish lad around the liverpool team soon

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    With Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, you have to think McLaughlin has a chance.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Rodgers is dead against the idea of NI kids playing for the ROI (despite his son playing for us!). Surely he'll have some influence?

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Rodgers mightn't be there long. I think it says more about where Liverpool are than how good Rodgers is when getting a provincial side promoted is enough to get you the Anfield job. Haven't Worthington, Davies, Boothroyd, Dowie, Warnock and Mowbray done the same or similar recently? Different style of football granted but still.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    In fairness it was more than getting Swansea promoted that got him the job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    In fairness it was more than getting Swansea promoted that got him the job.
    He slept his way to the top?

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Brady will be out on loan again this season according to this, despite being on the first team preseason tour :

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

Because Pearson managed Hull while Brady was there, there is a bit of speculation he may be heading Leicesters way. Nothing concrete though.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Rodgers is dead against the idea of NI kids playing for the ROI (despite his son playing for us!). Surely he'll have some influence?
    I think you have already answered that question. If he can't convince his son ....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I know from talking with people that Rodgers was a ROI fan and played GAA as a young lad. However, I know that he has also said that he feels alot of sympathy for the North losing players that come through their system and declare for the Republic at a later date, who often have little or no interest in playing full internationals for them. I would imagine that as is typical with high profile players/managers from up North, they are less likely to rock the boat too much. MON was a bit the same with young McClean.

TBF, while I feel the current situation where northern lads can pick from NI and ROI is the fairest, I do have some sympathy for the North myself. I get the impression that Rodgers is the kind of fella who would want McLoughlin to make the choice he is most comfortable with, rather than forcing him in to any decision. I would imagine that Rodgers would view international football being essential for the development of young players and if lets say the Irish u21s were doing well and qualified for a tournament, he would love him to declare for us. Likewise, if the North did well, he would feel the same way too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    He slept his way to the top?
    Well yes but the point being he was actually a decent ride.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    I know from talking with people that Rodgers was a ROI fan and played GAA as a young lad. However, I know that he has also said that he feels alot of sympathy for the North losing players that come through their system and declare for the Republic at a later date, who often have little or no interest in playing full internationals for them. I would imagine that as is typical with high profile players/managers from up North, they are less likely to rock the boat too much. MON was a bit the same with young McClean.

TBF, while I feel the current situation where northern lads can pick from NI and ROI is the fairest, I do have some sympathy for the North myself. I get the impression that Rodgers is the kind of fella who would want McLoughlin to make the choice he is most comfortable with, rather than forcing him in to any decision. I would imagine that Rodgers would view international football being essential for the development of young players and if lets say the Irish u21s were doing well and qualified for a tournament, he would love him to declare for us. Likewise, if the North did well, he would feel the same way too.
    That is really interesting. I heard him on newstalk a few months ago and he seemed anything but a fan of the republic. he said it was not too late for his son to reverse the mistake he had made playing for the republic and when he was asked if he would like to manage the republic he made it clear he was northern irish and the republic was not his country. came across as a hateful ***** I thought im sick he has the liverpool job

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Sounds like he is from the green side of the fence

Rodgers was born in Carnlough[1] to parents Malachy and Christina,[2] the eldest of five brothers. He was educated at St. Manyaras Collage in Ballymena.[3] He played Gaelic football and hurling in Carnlough before taking up football when he was 13.[3] He grew up as a supporter of Celtic.[3][4]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    That is really interesting. I heard him on newstalk a few months ago and he seemed anything but a fan of the republic. he said it was not too late for his son to reverse the mistake he had made playing for the republic and when he was asked if he would like to manage the republic he made it clear he was northern irish and the republic was not his country. came across as a hateful ***** I thought im sick he has the liverpool job
    Pretty sure I heard the same interview, didn't he say something like Anton is with the Republic now, but it's nothing that can't be changed in the future
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Sounds like he is from the green side of the fence

Rodgers was born in Carnlough[1] to parents Malachy and Christina,[2] the eldest of five brothers. He was educated at St. Manyaras Collage in Ballymena.[3] He played Gaelic football and hurling in Carnlough before taking up football when he was 13.[3] He grew up as a supporter of Celtic.[3][4]
    Doesn't necessarily indicate where his international allegiance might lie. Some GAA players actively support NI and some Celtic players do play and have played for them. Niall McGinn does support us, mind, despite playing for NI. Not sure how many Celtic fans frequent Windsor Park regularly either.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Well yes but the point being he was actually a decent ride.
    better than Dalglish anyway

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...?newsfeed=true

Robbie Brady to play left back in United's first preseason game in South Africa. Fergie reckons that could his best position long term. Have to say I am surprised but obviously wouldnt be without precedent... Ashley Cole or dare I say Stephen Ward

Ferguson identified the midfielder Jesse Lingard as a likely starter tomorrow, in addition to Robbie Brady, who spent last season at Hull and is widely regarded to be a left-sided midfield player but who could yet turn out to be this season's deputy for Patrice Evra.

"It is an area we're paying attention to," said Ferguson. "In the last five years Patrice has played an average of 45-50 games...But because he is never injured the opportunities haven't been there for Fabio... With him at QPR for a year, we are a little bit short in that department, which is why we are trying Robbie there because we believe there is the possibility he will develop into a left-back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Article here on football365 that playing Brady at left full might be an indicator of a wider malaise at Old Trafford: http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7908276/F365-Says
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast