Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 941 to 956 of 956

Thread: Robbie Brady (M free agent b.1992)

  1. #941
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,656
    Thanked in
    802 Posts
    Celtic has become a graveyard for Irish players. I wouldn't wish it on any of them.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #942
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    977
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,054
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Celtic have a big enough squad as it is - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic...rst-team_squad - whoever the new manager is (Howe?) will have to trim the first team numbers
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  4. #943
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,015
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,383
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Celtic must have a lot of dead wood ! Chain Saw Needed.

  5. #944
    Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,702
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,036
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Must be so frustrating for Robbie Brady, he's clearly Premier League quality but just can't stay fit. I'm sure some Championship team will take a chance on him, given his age, but I really hope he doesn't end up having to play in Scotland.

  6. #945
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Must be so frustrating for Robbie Brady, he's clearly Premier League quality but just can't stay fit. I'm sure some Championship team will take a chance on him, given his age, but I really hope he doesn't end up having to play in Scotland.
    Brady was undeniably PL quality until that savage 2017 knee injury. But not since, only glimpses punctuated with many setbacks. Any analysis of his career will lean heavily on the what-might-have-been. Like you, I hope the retro won't have an SPFL chapter.

  7. #946
    First Team irishfan86's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    270
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Should try to go to Italy honestly, mid table Serie A. Less physical, slower pace. A league where technical skill is valued over athleticism.

    A Championship side would happily sign him but will possibly be even more gruelling physically than the Prem. I appreciate it’s a big life change but if he’s willing to do it, could prolong his career at top level. Maybe Spain or Portugal other possibilities.

  8. #947
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,015
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,383
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Should try to go to Italy honestly, mid table Serie A. Less physical, slower pace. A league where technical skill is valued over athleticism.

    A Championship side would happily sign him but will possibly be even more gruelling physically than the Prem. I appreciate it’s a big life change but if he’s willing to do it, could prolong his career at top level. Maybe Spain or Portugal other possibilities.
    Would the vast majority of european clubs have any idea who he is. It would not exactly be a media bonanza. Usually european clubs would like to get a media buzz from signing some foreigner.

  9. #948
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    470
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I think he'd just get lost at Celtic to be honest. Brady is one of a few players that I think a lot of our support overrate based on things he did five or six years ago. Shane Long is another, but whereas its age catching up with Long now, it's the injuries that have ruined Brady. He probably would suit a continental team but we'd be talking about a bottom half Serie A side or a mid rank Ligue 1 team, not one of the big hitters.

    Like most Irish players he'll probably end up staying in the UK, somewhere like Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday would be more likely. Conor Hourihane has shown how far being good on set pieces and not much else can get you in the Championship.

    We're not going to have too many players playing Premier League next season as things stand unfortunately.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #949
    Seasoned Pro Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    922
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    626
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Would the vast majority of european clubs have any idea who he is. It would not exactly be a media bonanza. Usually european clubs would like to get a media buzz from signing some foreigner.
    Italy probably the only country in Europe where they could create a bit of a buzz around him, angling it as the guy who scored against Italy in Euro 2016

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #950
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,574
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    923
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I think he'd just get lost at Celtic to be honest. Brady is one of a few players that I think a lot of our support overrate based on things he did five or six years ago. Shane Long is another, but whereas its age catching up with Long now, it's the injuries that have ruined Brady. He probably would suit a continental team but we'd be talking about a bottom half Serie A side or a mid rank Ligue 1 team, not one of the big hitters.

    Like most Irish players he'll probably end up staying in the UK, somewhere like Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday would be more likely. Conor Hourihane has shown how far being good on set pieces and not much else can get you in the Championship.

    We're not going to have too many players playing Premier League next season as things stand unfortunately.
    A fairly generic summation of Irish footballers and Irish supporters.

  14. #951
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    977
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,054
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Released at the end of his contract at Burnley: https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...s-burnley-stay
    With his injury record, he'll find it difficult to find another Premier League club, but you could see him at somewhere like Cardiff or Millwall
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #952
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    766
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,273
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    https://thecelticbhoys.com/2021/05/2...ar-free-agent/

    The sources aren't very reliable but the tabloids have bandied about names that are in for Brady. Southampton, Watford, Palace and Celtic.

    I would think that he wouldn't be consistently fit enough for Southampton and their intense style. Palace have some very good wide players already and they need a manager. Watford, I don't know enough to comment. Celtic wouldn't be too much of a surprise though.

    All very fanciful and he might well just end up at Cardiff or somewhere.

  17. #953
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    470
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I can't see any of those clubs being interested in him to be honest. He's a poor player now unfortunately, not his fault but his injuries seem to restrict what he can do. A Championship club on a pay as you play deal is more likely, because he still offers something from set pieces
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  18. #954
    Seasoned Pro Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    922
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    626
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I can't see any of those clubs being interested in him to be honest. He's a poor player now unfortunately, not his fault but his injuries seem to restrict what he can do. A Championship club on a pay as you play deal is more likely, because he still offers something from set pieces
    I don't think he's a poor player now but he's so injury prone that he'd have to be considered a liability to have on your books
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

  19. #955
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,656
    Thanked in
    802 Posts
    Have to say, I'd much rather see him go to a good club in a continental league where the pace is a bit slower and it suits a technical player. Portugal, Greece, Belgium... It could extend his career, especially if he moved centrally. I think he has the potential to become a decent 10, and maybe needs to once he hits his thirties.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #956
    Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,702
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,036
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about where Robbie Brady might be signing? The new season starts in a couple of weeks, and there doesn't seem to be much, if anything, online about where he might go.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Similar Threads

  1. Anthony Stokes (F free agent b.1988)
    By eirebhoy in forum Ireland
    Replies: 2259
    Last Post: 23/06/2021, 8:30 PM
  2. Dan Crowley (M free agent b.1997)
    By liamoo11 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 508
    Last Post: 19/05/2021, 9:33 PM
  3. Ryan Burke (D free agent b.2000)
    By tommy_c12000 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 18/05/2021, 12:56 PM
  4. Stephen Ireland (M free agent b.1986)
    By cornerflag in forum Ireland
    Replies: 4230
    Last Post: 24/06/2020, 9:43 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13/11/2019, 9:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •