Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    He pulled a hamstring for sure, I just watched it back.
    Last edited by Colbert Report; 21/12/2020 at 7:10 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Buggeration!

He's been so good recently, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Bad news for Burnley, McNeil has just gone off with an injury as well. I've never seen such a paper thing squad at this level, if Dyche manages to keep them up this year, he should be regarded as a magician.

4. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Buggeration!

He's been so good recently, too.
    Just means he can't get injured the next while surely?

That's fine by us!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Thought it was precautionary myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I thought so too when I saw it the first time, but then I watched it back and noticed him pull up with a hamstring injury when tracking back about ten seconds before he was sitting down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Gets an assist today

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Saw that, and got me wondering if I should add him to my Fantasy Football team. (Standard reaction when you drop from 190k to 550k in two weeks... )

Fantasy Football stats tell me he played 445 minutes all last season - not even 5 full games. In two of the previous three seasons, he didn't hit 720 minutes (8 games). That's mental stuff; hadn't realised how many injuries he'd had. His only proper season was 2015/16, and we saw the benefit of that in the Euros.

Anyway, I didn't sign him...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Just 6 months left on his contract now, I wonder if Burnley will look to keep him or if they will decide that he's just too injury prone to invest in further. No question he has the ability, it's just whether he's worth the money based on the actual number of minutes you can get him on the pitch for. If he can put a run of games together in the next month or so they'll probably look to keep him on I think.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    They have a paper thin squad. They had Erik Pieters on the other wing last night. On their budget, Brady is a far better player than most transfers they could afford. Also, he has excellent delivery so he suits their style of player perfectly.

After the Hendrick debacle, I would imagine they are keen to keep him already.If he stays fit then another PL side will fancy a punt. I think he'd get another club now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I watch pretty much all of the Burnley matches in the league (far too much time on my hands as I've been working from home for months now). His assist yesterday was a freak goal that came off the back of Ben Mee's head off a corner from Brady. Along with Dwight McNeil, Brady is their most creative player. He's clearly Premier League quality but as noted above, has had tremendous injury problems over the past few years.

There is a takeover imminent at Burnley by an American consortium, which is likely why their squad is so paper thin. They let Jeff Hendrick go on a free last summer and signed Dale Stephens as his replacement. That they're not rock bottom of the league right now is amazing to me, and they'll need to add three or four players in January to have a realistic chance of coping with injuries. If this takeover goes through, I think there's a decent chance of them staying up. The lack of investment in the squad has been downright criminal. Brady should be in for a three or even four year deal, and Burnley should consider themselves lucky if he agrees to sign it. They're already looking at losing Tarkowski unless they can convince him to sign an extension.

15. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    playing v good vs Liverpool as a right midifielder, looks fit vs Robertson

Only mistake he had the chance to run with the ball in a number 10 position but instead we played a first time pass backwards. Dyche is someone who could manage Ireland in the future

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    That Mee fellow is awful, Kev Long the better player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I watch pretty much all of the Burnley matches in the league (far too much time on my hands as I've been working from home for months now). His assist yesterday was a freak goal that came off the back of Ben Mee's head off a corner from Brady. Along with Dwight McNeil, Brady is their most creative player. He's clearly Premier League quality but as noted above, has had tremendous injury problems over the past few years.

There is a takeover imminent at Burnley by an American consortium, which is likely why their squad is so paper thin. They let Jeff Hendrick go on a free last summer and signed Dale Stephens as his replacement. That they're not rock bottom of the league right now is amazing to me, and they'll need to add three or four players in January to have a realistic chance of coping with injuries. If this takeover goes through, I think there's a decent chance of them staying up. The lack of investment in the squad has been downright criminal. Brady should be in for a three or even four year deal, and Burnley should consider themselves lucky if he agrees to sign it. They're already looking at losing Tarkowski unless they can convince him to sign an extension.
    Six years ago Ireland had three excellent young midfielders - Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick. They should be the bedrock of the current midfield. But no - Brady, the best of them, is simply not the same player since his big injury. McCarthy is more or less in the same boat. Hendrick, despite his EPL stats, simply doesn't deliver enough. I watched a 35-minute highlight package of the Villa-Newcastle game yesterday - he didn't get one mention.

Three players who should be driving us forward are now (ok, IMO) holding us back with their flatter-only-to-deceive careers. We lack status in midfield because of it.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I’d prefer Brady to go to Italy if he was interested and had a suitor. The slower pace and more technical gameplay would better suit his style. He’s not built for the hustle and bustle of the Prem.
    Seems to be the stock excuse for underperforming Irish players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    picked up an ankle injury against Fulham.
    described as "not looking good"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Probably leaving Burnley at the end of the season, according to Lancashire Live yesterday. His contract is up and there has been no talk of renewal. His injury on Ireland duty came at a particularly bad time.

http://www.lancs.live/sport/football...eland-20295258

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Probably leaving Burnley at the end of the season, according to Lancashire Live yesterday. His contract is up and there has been no talk of renewal. His injury on Ireland duty came at a particularly bad time.

http://www.lancs.live/sport/football...eland-20295258
    He seems to be made of glass. The amount of minutes of football that injury has cost him must be astonishing. The lack of match sharpness, match fitness and managerial favour on his frequent returns that it denies him is cruel. I hope he can get a good move. He's definitely capable of commanding a good one.

Would Celtic be a grand move for him? A Premiership side or newly promoted side could fancy him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Headed for the Championship I'd say. Although given that he'd be on a free you wouldn't know who might take a punt on him, as we saw with Hendrick last summer "Premier League Experience" counts for a lot more than it should.

Hope whoever signs him has a good medical setup anyways.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Would love to see him at Celtic

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast