Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Starts tonight at Brighton. Ben Mee is back so Long drops to the bench. I expect Burnley's form to improve with Mee/Tarkowski back in the team but they will continue to struggle for goals.

Went closeish with a bicycle kick it seems.
    Last edited by zero; 06/11/2020 at 6:14 PM.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Came on today in the second half against Crystal Palace and the poor guy didn't last twenty minutes before he came off injured. Looks like a hamstring.

Sean Dyche: “I will have to wait and see but I will find out more tomorrow,” added the Clarets boss. “It looks like he’s done his hamstring.”

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Came on today in the second half against Crystal Palace and the poor guy didn't last twenty minutes before he came off injured. Looks like a hamstring.

Sean Dyche: “I will have to wait and see but I will find out more tomorrow,” added the Clarets boss. “It looks like he’s done his hamstring.”
    I don’t think playing in the cold is good for the hamstrings which is a bit of a problem in this part of the world.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I don’t think playing in the cold is good for the hamstrings which is a bit of a problem in this part of the world.
    To be honest, I don’t think playing in serious cold is good for any part of your body. I remember playing in Berlin during winter when I was 20 and had so many issues with my hip and the muscles around it like the TFL. Pretty sure it was mostly due to training in -5/-10-15C...

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Generally I don't like to attack our managers for using our players as much as they like on international duty, and I understand why Kenny used him as much given the issues with injury/COVID/other unavailability issues. But Kenny started Brady twice on the international break, involving him in all three matches. To put that in context, Brady has only two league starts for Burnley in all of 2020, according to what the commentators were saying when he was down injured. That was asking a lot of a guy who has a well known problem with injuries.

At the end of the day, we don't play again until March so whatever I guess. But I don't think Brady is capable of starting two matches within three days and I don't think it was necessary with the likes of Byrne around and worth taking a closer look at.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I believe he's be a free agent at the end of this season, would love to see him stay in the Premier League. I don't know what Burnley were thinking letting Hendrick walk on a free.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I believe he's be a free agent at the end of this season, would love to see him stay in the Premier League. I don't know what Burnley were thinking letting Hendrick walk on a free.
    They may have been watching Hendrick play for Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I’d prefer Brady to go to Italy if he was interested and had a suitor. The slower pace and more technical gameplay would better suit his style. He’s not built for the hustle and bustle of the Prem.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I’d prefer Brady to go to Italy if he was interested and had a suitor. The slower pace and more technical gameplay would better suit his style. He’s not built for the hustle and bustle of the Prem.
    It would be nice but what are the chances of that happening ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Probably zero but the Hendrick Milan chatter suggests to me it’s not totally beyond realm of possibility. I’m sure his goal/performance vs Italy in 2016 will mean Brady is known there. The reality is if he stays in England he might have to drop to Championship or play for a team in a relegation fight, neither of which would suit his physical condition these days. I’m probably just spouting wishful thinking but oh well.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    He joined Burnley half way through the 16/17 season and has not played over 20 games for them yet in a season across all competitions.

He was only 24 or 25 when he joined them.

That must be incredibly frustrating for all involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Honestly at this point I feel Burnley just bring him off the bench in the hope he can recapture that form of old. But it’s just not there. You can see in moments that he’s got great vision and technique, but maybe he’s just not athletic enough for the modern game.

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Honestly at this point I feel Burnley just bring him off the bench in the hope he can recapture that form of old. But it’s just not there. You can see in moments that he’s got great vision and technique, but maybe he’s just not athletic enough for the modern game.
    Or the Burney game. I remember Steven Defour doing well there for a while and he'd be in a similar boat to Brady but he faded away too. To be fair, it may be less athleticism and more that he's always carrying some injury and as soon as he gets a run of minutes he breaks down with something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Scored after 3 mins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Nice goal with his ‘bad’ foot

https://youtu.be/8vazZq53bCc

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Lovely player when he raises his performances, wouldnt say a world class performance very lively and involved, 8/10.

Dunphy also claimed that about Robbie Brady. On youtube I used to catch your football show with Giles, Liam and Eammon Dunphy with O'Herlihy as anchorman.
    World class football chat show so funny and entertaining.....lovely show .....very similar to the shows we have here with a discuss footie show and the spanish version "El Xiringuito de Jugones" on Antena 3 when I lived in Catalunya province, near Saint Vinçent de Calders beach city.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    very similar to the shows we have here with a discuss footie show and the spanish version "El Xiringuito de Jugones" on Antena 3 when I lived in Catalunya province, near Saint Vinçent de Calders beach city.
    Which can be gorgeous this time of year!
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Great goal, good all round performance. Engaged, playing with a swagger.

Looks like McNeil is now taking most of the corners, although Brady took one late on which nearly resulted in a goal.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Solid enough performance in a Burnley win over Arsenal. Played a few nice balls including a brilliant cross in the first half which Wood should have headed in. Good to see him get another 90 minutes in.

Once again not involved in set pieces (not to Burnley’s detriment, they scored from a well taken corner).

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    In hugely surprising news, Brady has gone off injured in Burnleys game against Wolves, with Burnley 2-0 ahead.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast