Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Celtic has become a graveyard for Irish players. I wouldn't wish it on any of them.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Celtic have a big enough squad as it is - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic...rst-team_squad - whoever the new manager is (Howe?) will have to trim the first team numbers
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Celtic must have a lot of dead wood ! Chain Saw Needed.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Must be so frustrating for Robbie Brady, he's clearly Premier League quality but just can't stay fit. I'm sure some Championship team will take a chance on him, given his age, but I really hope he doesn't end up having to play in Scotland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Must be so frustrating for Robbie Brady, he's clearly Premier League quality but just can't stay fit. I'm sure some Championship team will take a chance on him, given his age, but I really hope he doesn't end up having to play in Scotland.
    Brady was undeniably PL quality until that savage 2017 knee injury. But not since, only glimpses punctuated with many setbacks. Any analysis of his career will lean heavily on the what-might-have-been. Like you, I hope the retro won't have an SPFL chapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Should try to go to Italy honestly, mid table Serie A. Less physical, slower pace. A league where technical skill is valued over athleticism.

A Championship side would happily sign him but will possibly be even more gruelling physically than the Prem. I appreciate it’s a big life change but if he’s willing to do it, could prolong his career at top level. Maybe Spain or Portugal other possibilities.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Should try to go to Italy honestly, mid table Serie A. Less physical, slower pace. A league where technical skill is valued over athleticism.

A Championship side would happily sign him but will possibly be even more gruelling physically than the Prem. I appreciate it’s a big life change but if he’s willing to do it, could prolong his career at top level. Maybe Spain or Portugal other possibilities.
    Would the vast majority of european clubs have any idea who he is. It would not exactly be a media bonanza. Usually european clubs would like to get a media buzz from signing some foreigner.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I think he'd just get lost at Celtic to be honest. Brady is one of a few players that I think a lot of our support overrate based on things he did five or six years ago. Shane Long is another, but whereas its age catching up with Long now, it's the injuries that have ruined Brady. He probably would suit a continental team but we'd be talking about a bottom half Serie A side or a mid rank Ligue 1 team, not one of the big hitters.

Like most Irish players he'll probably end up staying in the UK, somewhere like Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday would be more likely. Conor Hourihane has shown how far being good on set pieces and not much else can get you in the Championship.

We're not going to have too many players playing Premier League next season as things stand unfortunately.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Would the vast majority of european clubs have any idea who he is. It would not exactly be a media bonanza. Usually european clubs would like to get a media buzz from signing some foreigner.
    Italy probably the only country in Europe where they could create a bit of a buzz around him, angling it as the guy who scored against Italy in Euro 2016

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I think he'd just get lost at Celtic to be honest. Brady is one of a few players that I think a lot of our support overrate based on things he did five or six years ago. Shane Long is another, but whereas its age catching up with Long now, it's the injuries that have ruined Brady. He probably would suit a continental team but we'd be talking about a bottom half Serie A side or a mid rank Ligue 1 team, not one of the big hitters.

Like most Irish players he'll probably end up staying in the UK, somewhere like Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday would be more likely. Conor Hourihane has shown how far being good on set pieces and not much else can get you in the Championship.

We're not going to have too many players playing Premier League next season as things stand unfortunately.
    A fairly generic summation of Irish footballers and Irish supporters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Released at the end of his contract at Burnley: https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...s-burnley-stay
    With his injury record, he'll find it difficult to find another Premier League club, but you could see him at somewhere like Cardiff or Millwall
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    https://thecelticbhoys.com/2021/05/2...ar-free-agent/

The sources aren't very reliable but the tabloids have bandied about names that are in for Brady. Southampton, Watford, Palace and Celtic.

I would think that he wouldn't be consistently fit enough for Southampton and their intense style. Palace have some very good wide players already and they need a manager. Watford, I don't know enough to comment. Celtic wouldn't be too much of a surprise though.

All very fanciful and he might well just end up at Cardiff or somewhere.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I can't see any of those clubs being interested in him to be honest. He's a poor player now unfortunately, not his fault but his injuries seem to restrict what he can do. A Championship club on a pay as you play deal is more likely, because he still offers something from set pieces
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I can't see any of those clubs being interested in him to be honest. He's a poor player now unfortunately, not his fault but his injuries seem to restrict what he can do. A Championship club on a pay as you play deal is more likely, because he still offers something from set pieces
    I don't think he's a poor player now but he's so injury prone that he'd have to be considered a liability to have on your books
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Have to say, I'd much rather see him go to a good club in a continental league where the pace is a bit slower and it suits a technical player. Portugal, Greece, Belgium... It could extend his career, especially if he moved centrally. I think he has the potential to become a decent 10, and maybe needs to once he hits his thirties.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

20. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about where Robbie Brady might be signing? The new season starts in a couple of weeks, and there doesn't seem to be much, if anything, online about where he might go.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Robbie reportedly now of interest to Neil Warnock at Middlesbrough, who are short of options on the left (Hartlepool Mail, 20 Sept). True ? Or a prompt to Celtic to make a move?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    No where near good enough to make an impact at Celtic, sadly.

Lacking in the pace, strength, fitness and ability to play for them right now.

I'd prefer if he got some sort of mid table championship move where he might have a chance of stringing some games together, under less pressure.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    No where near good enough to make an impact at Celtic, sadly.

Lacking in the pace, strength, fitness and ability to play for them right now.

I'd prefer if he got some sort of mid table championship move where he might have a chance of stringing some games together, under less pressure.
    The standard is a lot higher in the Championship so if you think he couldn't make an impact in the SPL, then I wouldn't be too sure he could make it in the Championship.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    That's true but I think there's a different level of scrutiny at Celtic. You can plod away in the Championship, put in a shift, do something special occasionally and thread water. You need a consistency of performance at Celtic to avoid criticism, just look at Duffy who has since proven he didn't turn into a bad player overnight, at a much higher level than the SPL. And there were people on here who thought his game would suffer because he's too good for the SPL, granted they were right about his game suffering, but certainly not because he was too good!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast