Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2010

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowmonkey View Post
    Oh heaven Greg Flynn Gone to Partry thats the end for ballyheane!! A super star of his quaility!!
    At least they wont miss the fines!!!!
    Jesus thats a bit rough, did he not play nice against you. He would be considered by the Heane lads one of the best to have played for them, maybe not one of the sanest however. Also I think most of the Heane lads are capable of the odd fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very boring this year lads.

Who do people will think will finish top, get relegated etc...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Very boring this year lads.

Who do people will think will finish top, get relegated etc...
    you mean will it be a two horse race again... westport took their foot off the gas last year can they get back to their best again, and can Ballina keep their feet on the ground in order to defend their title by the sounds of them celebrating beating Shamrock Rovers under 17s I cant see it happening

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i think Ballina will win it again with waestport a close second.
    Manulla and Erris to battle for 3rd spot. The rest are all in danger of going down in my opinion. Very hard to call with 4 teams going down (which is a joke but them the rules).

Well done to S and F on reaching the semis in Connaught by the way. hope ye go on and win it. hel be flying fit for the Super League anyway which will give ye a head start on other teams anyway. S and F might be a surprise package this year and be able to challenge the top 2 if there Connaught Cup run is anything to go by but ill stand by my earlier prediction and say the might be in danger of going down.
    looking at the table from last year you will need 20 points plus to survive. going to be very tough season for all of us in danger of the drop. looking forward to the battle now, not long to go
    Last edited by etoo; 24/03/2010 at 1:04 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Just left Charlestown game with Swinford, Swinford scored after 5 mins and I thought it was going to be a complete humiliation but Charlestown to their credit stuck to their guns and got back n the game with a well worked goal and were 3-1 up when I left with 10 mins to go. Swinford looked very fit but have no real quality players. Their manager is very vocal and will get a lot of attention this year for his ability to shout and roar for a full 90 mins. Cant see them surviving in the SL without bringing in some quality players, as i said very fit but no real playmaker. Charlestown on the other hand seamed to start slowley but were more than able for this SL outfit and had what seamed like 5 or 6 first team players not even togged out. Cant take too much from friendlys but im sure a local darby should have been enough incentive to get players rilled up and espically to impress an new manager but Swinford just faded totally in the 2nd half.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Swinford were very poor alright. We are without 5 or 6 first team players from last year through injury who should all be coming back over the next few weeks. The new manager is having a look at all players A + B from last year and everyone is getting a chance. I think come start of season you will see a very different Swinford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any scores from todays games please?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Westport 2, Celtic 0
    Iorras 1, Ballyheane 0
    Swinford 2, Ballina Town 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Mad View Post
    Westport 2, Celtic 0
    Iorras 1, Ballyheane 0
    Swinford 2, Ballina Town 3
    Nothing too surprising about those results, apart from possibly the closeness of the scores. Swinford should be proud of getting within a goal of the champions, whilst Ballyheane's demise is obviously exaggerated too, losing by just the one away to Erris. I was at the Westport Celtic match, which was scrappy in general, due in the main to a very hard, bobbly pitch. Not a great deal between them really, Westport a bit more composed but Celtic looked very fit and up for it. Not really a great deal to be learnt from today I should think... How did S+F get on? 4-3 down last I heard... hopefully they got one back..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    Nothing too surprising about those results, apart from possibly the closeness of the scores. Swinford should be proud of getting within a goal of the champions, whilst Ballyheane's demise is obviously exaggerated too, losing by just the one away to Erris. I was at the Westport Celtic match, which was scrappy in general, due in the main to a very hard, bobbly pitch. Not a great deal between them really, Westport a bit more composed but Celtic looked very fit and up for it. Not really a great deal to be learnt from today I should think... How did S+F get on? 4-3 down last I heard... hopefully they got one back..
    What kind of a side did Westport have out and did Celtic have many of their youths side involved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Fahy Lads
    I hear we will now play you next week!!!! What happenend the wedding Bells? Is it on towns pitch??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    Fahy Lads
    I hear we will now play you next week!!!! What happenend the wedding Bells? Is it on towns pitch??
    That was last weekend! It's on town's pitch alright. See you then..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Cant believe theres no movement on this forum after the weekend?

What did you think of Game yeasterday Fahy Lads
    Draw was a fair result i think?

Looks like Swinford mean Buisness this year!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wow seriously no interest at all this year.. celtic 0-2 straide& foxford fair result paul moran and ashley atkinson with the goals in 1st half. celtic young and fit will cause teams problems but didnt really cause our keeper much trouble at all lot of possession no end product... fahy next always tough game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant believe theres no movement on this forum after the weekend?

What did you think of Game yeasterday Fahy Lads
    Draw was a fair result i think?

Looks like Swinford mean Buisness this year!!!
    Thought we were very rusty in the first half, didn't work as hard as we could've but still had the better chances. Was harsh penalty seen as the ball was won before the man was taken. Not many chances for Fahy and no shots to save for our keeper either.

Second half was different, we came out fresher looking and got the goal back, again the ref gave a dodgy penalty to Snugboro, keeper and striker both took eye off ball and clashed, no. 9 again making a meal out of it and winning his second peno. We showed battling qualities in a very physical game after that and deserved to get the equaliser. Probably had more chances, but goals win games and we didn't take enough of them to win.

Having played in the game, I was not happy leaving the pitch with less than 3 points, thought we deserved it, but maybe a draw was a fair result from an unbiased point of view.

Were ye happy with draw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robben 11 View Post
    wow seriously no interest at all this year.. celtic 0-2 straide& foxford fair result paul moran and ashley atkinson with the goals in 1st half. celtic young and fit will cause teams problems but didnt really cause our keeper much trouble at all lot of possession no end product... fahy next always tough game..
    Looking forward to game with S & F, hopefully we can improve on a poor record against ye, tough one indeed

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thought we were very rusty in the first half, didn't work as hard as we could've but still had the better chances. Was harsh penalty seen as the ball was won before the man was taken. Not many chances for Fahy and no shots to save for our keeper either.

Second half was different, we came out fresher looking and got the goal back, again the ref gave a dodgy penalty to Snugboro, keeper and striker both took eye off ball and clashed, no. 9 again making a meal out of it and winning his second peno. We showed battling qualities in a very physical game after that and deserved to get the equaliser. Probably had more chances, but goals win games and we didn't take enough of them to win.

Having played in the game, I was not happy leaving the pitch with less than 3 points, thought we deserved it, but maybe a draw was a fair result from an unbiased point of view.

Were ye happy with draw?

Draw was a fair result in the end. both keepers had very little to do throughout the game really. On the first Pen little bit harsh but he did come through the back off him. As the ref gave the pen it should have been red for the defender as he was last man. ref wasnt the best anyway, making up his own rules in the game. Ask for a foul throw and he gives ye a free kick, whatever thats about.
    it was a good but fair battle and a good kick start to the season for both teams. thats a point more from last seasons total for us anyway so were happy out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Were ye happy with draw?
    I think if you pick up a point in your first game thats away from home its not bad. Credit for the moneen surface it was the best ive seen it in a long time if not quite hard under foot! By the way Notts County are still looking for their crest back Fahy
    Last edited by pixiehead; 21/04/2010 at 8:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think if you pick up a point in your first game thats away from home its not bad. Credit for the moneen surface it was the best ive seen it in a long time if not quite hard under foot! By the way Notts County are still looking for their crest back Fahy

THIEFS!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    THIEFS!!!!
    That's got yellow background, ours has white

They can't afford to go after us anyway...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast