Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2010

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robben 11 View Post
    I hear Martin Roache and Padraig Munroe have left ballyheane and joined Celtic.... Big loss if its true, 2 starting defenders leaving the club....
    Doesnt make a lot of sense, its basically swaping like for like. Great additions for Celtic though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    What happened to your manager from last year?
    Nothing ..... taking a year out ... and i might add ....our sincere thanks to what he has done for the club over the last 2 years .... he did a fine job and hope he be back next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Fair play to them, 2 new clubs is what the league needs, lose a few B teams and add a few new teams. That makes the Mayo League better.

What are you on about with facilities? Always a negative
    If you have been around some of the lower league clubs you will know what I mean. The league have rules about standards yet they are not enforced. Ballyhaunis never had dressing rooms so where will they magic them out of all of a sudden. There are plenty of clubs who get away with murder regarding facilities. Urlar, Holister, are good examples and charlestown and Achill are no saints either. Im only saying this because its not fair on clubs who put in an effort to better themselfs and others get away with murder.
    On another note where is the pitch planned for in Fahy? Its hardly the little area across from the school is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rava View Post
    Christ Parkside are back, let the intimidation begin.
    Oh right is this a Ballina United splinter group.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowmonkey View Post
    Oh right is this a Ballina United splinter group.......
    Ballina United would be like the girl guides compared to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its a bit early but lets get the ball rolling, that other thread mayo league gereral topics has me put asleep..Charlesatown??what!!

Anybody with information on who the new Fahy, Castlebar Celtic, managers are for the season ahead??
    Any dates set to as when the season will begin??
    Ballyheane,Westport,Ballina,Straide&Foxford are still in the cups so i presume training hasnt stopped this year at all for them, what about the other clubs i hear the Boro started last week..
    Any players moving about/managers/ etc etc
    Celtic Superleague manager this year is Paul Large

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I read in this week's Mayo News that The Gray one could be heading back to Mayo to manage Ballyheane. Who does this serve best? Ballyheane or The Gray one, May be we will get an offical reply from Ballyheane, to clear up what appeared in the Mayo News.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    I read in this week's Mayo News that The Gray one could be heading back to Mayo to manage Ballyheane. Who does this serve best? Ballyheane or The Gray one, May be we will get an offical reply from Ballyheane, to clear up what appeared in the Mayo News.
    Whos he going to manage. Word on the street is there are hardly any players left for the super league side. I was told that even Greg Flynn had signed for Partry.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Whos he going to manage. Word on the street is there are hardly any players left for the super league side. I was told that even Greg Flynn had signed for Partry.
    sounds like there's a few SL teams goin through a bad patch, ballyheane, s&f and the boro all having problems getting players out. why?? is the interest gone for alot of these players? with the league starting in only a few weeks and 4 teams goin down, it mite not have to be the likes of swinford and fahy that have to be careful of the drop.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why are you posting this when you should already know the answers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westport
    Ballina
    Erris
    [GAP]
    S&F
    Manulla
    [GAP]
    Fahy
    Ballyheane
    Snugboro
    Swinford
    Celtic

This is the way my heart and head say the league will go this year. Expect Westport to fight back and win it this year, expect it to be very tight between the teams at the bottom. Usual mid table for Manulla and S & F might be strong enough to join them there. Hopefully it throws up a few more surprises and is more competitive as a league than last year

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Heard today he is not taking over. Its a friend of his who is going to be the manager, didnt hear a name

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sounds like there's a few SL teams goin through a bad patch, ballyheane, s&f and the boro all having problems getting players out. why?? is the interest gone for alot of these players? with the league starting in only a few weeks and 4 teams goin down, it mite not have to be the likes of swinford and fahy that have to be careful of the drop.
    Sn'F have no problem gettin players out... we have been playing all year after all good run in fai and in to 1/4 finals of connaught cup so if some weeks numbers are low that is purely the reason for it playing non stop all year, i think manager has to be given credit for keeping players going, and interested some weeks taking a rest between rounds of games them putting in good sessions when fixtures are comming up.... interest wasnt what it was 3 years ago in every club in mayo league because of a number of reasons, when is your season starting theboy?? ya have good competition for centre mid there with stevie gavin signed... still i suppose keep ya on your toes..!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the Dark

Why are you posting this when you should already know the answers.
    I am in dark, if I new I hardly be asking the question!!!
    Thanks Sligo report its someone he has recommend

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sn'F have no problem gettin players out... we have been playing all year after all good run in fai and in to 1/4 finals of connaught cup so if some weeks numbers are low that is purely the reason for it playing non stop all year, i think manager has to be given credit for keeping players going, and interested some weeks taking a rest between rounds of games them putting in good sessions when fixtures are comming up.... interest wasnt what it was 3 years ago in every club in mayo league because of a number of reasons, when is your season starting theboy?? ya have good competition for centre mid there with stevie gavin signed... still i suppose keep ya on your toes..!!
    I'm afraid my playing days are well over, and well over at this stage, but still have big interest in mayo soccer. So not to sure where ur getting "competition for centre mid" from. but anyway how did the 1/4 final of the con cup go?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just saw on aertel: Straide & Foxford 5-4 Oranmore on peno's.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how ya robben11, dont be gettin me mixed up with someone else please!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Are the full fixtures out for the SL this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh heaven Greg Flynn Gone to Partry thats the end for ballyheane!! A super star of his quaility!!
    At least they wont miss the fines!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are the full fixtures out for the SL this year?
    All the fixtures for all the divisions are on the Mayo website

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast