Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: 2010 Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

2010 Squad

I have to say that i was quite impressed with the team tonight, considering how inexperienced they are.
    They tried to play ootball and gave Rovers a good run for their money. Kavanagh looked promising in the middle and Barrett looked promising up front. I thought that the back 4 looked quite slid considering the quality of the opposition. I hope that goalkeeper isnt going to be a problem position for us.
    Its a awful pity that we couldnt retain a couple of our better experienced pros from last year - foran, skippy and mulcahy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ye good performance .anybody no if the goal was offside?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brayfan08 View Post
    ye good performance .anybody no if the goal was offside?
    I missed the rovers goal. But our goal definitely was not - the 2 lads checked their run and the far full back had them onside by a couple of yards. Think the lino didnt see him in the dark coloured kit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The lino wasn't even close to being up to speed with the offside goal, was at least ten yards behind the play shocking stuff. Thought Philly Knight put in a great shift at center half last night considering it's not his 1st position. Barrett looked danferous, as did Franco when he came on. Addto this that we have two of our more experienced lads to come back in (Massey and Webster) and I don't think this season will be the doom and gloom most people thought it would be.
    Plus there is always the chance that we may get in one or two experienced heads without a club coming up to the end of pre-season who fancy the extra few quid every week, and if we can get the right experienced heads in we can suprise people
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Thought Philly Knight put in a great shift at center half last night considering it's not his 1st position. Barrett looked danferous, as did Franco when he came on. Addto this that we have two of our more experienced lads to come back in (Massey and Webster) and I don't think this season will be the doom and gloom most people thought it would be.
    Plus there is always the chance that we may get in one or two experienced heads without a club coming up to the end of pre-season who fancy the extra few quid every week, and if we can get the right experienced heads in we can suprise people
    totally agree,, philly looked good in the centre last night, i would even say better than left back,, the other centre byrne also looked very handy,, all in all the defense is coming on well,, kavanagh in mid looks very promising. touhy on the wings did not have a good game first half, but still only starting,still young, impressed also with barrett up front dodgy off side but took the goal very well.. a few silly passes by both teams but again its looking very promising this season, people were saying that if we stay up it could be bad for the team.. ie getting beaten every week.. but after last night i think we can give a good performance against any premier team... alot of changes mad in the second half but they still held it together...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    totally agree,, philly looked good in the centre last night, i would even say better than left back,, the other centre byrne also looked very handy,, all in all the defense is coming on well,, kavanagh in mid looks very promising. touhy on the wings did not have a good game first half, but still only starting,still young, impressed also with barrett up front dodgy off side but took the goal very well.. a few silly passes by both teams but again its looking very promising this season, people were saying that if we stay up it could be bad for the team.. ie getting beaten every week.. but after last night i think we can give a good performance against any premier team... alot of changes mad in the second half but they still held it together...
    After seeing us play last season, I thought exactly the same thing. McCabe? Kavanagh? Foran? Far too good to go down! I still think we were a better team than Drogheda, Dundalk or Pat's on purely footballing terms, but the problem was that those teams ground out the points, whereas we'd play really nice stuff, and end up losing 2-1.

That said, I don't think there's any point turning down a place in the Premier division because we're playing some daft strategic game. If we get offered a perfectly legitimate shot at staying up, we have to take it. We've earned it with our financial management this season, and with good performances on and off the pitch in the seasons before, and if we're going to turn down the chance of playing in Ireland's top competition just because we might lose a few games, we might as well not have a football club in Bray