Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Irish Cup

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Senior Irish Cup

This years senior irish cup starts in April 11th with round two may 2nd right in the middle of college exams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what about the talks of making it an all club competition will that go ahead or do ye think there'll still be league representative teams, eg cork, limerick, wexford
    "Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations".

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The senior cup kicks off on April 11th but what I don't understand is that with the usual 25 odd teams that enter the competition,what is the panic in starting so early when the majority of the teams are still in pre season training.Every year we see teams pulling out of the National cups and yet the powers that be carry on making a mess of the dates and turning the cups into a farce.Have they lost touch with grassroots ladies football?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    totally agree with you they say play summer soccer then they want to start before most teams have had a chance to train and it look's like from next year only club teams in senior cup what happened to the national league? do think that the senior cup should be for clubs only but we can only dance with the people in the hall !!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Nat cups should only be for club teams.There should be a separate competetion for league squads or they should have a competition for county squads as in the gaelic.I never hear of the clubs getting a chance to air their views to the top table.I went to the W.F.A.I. AGM a couple of years ago and there wouldn't have been 15 people in the room.Do clubs not just turn up or are they not invited.It's just not good enough that league reps attend the meetings but the people at grass roots have to get the chance to tell them what's really happening in the real world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was wondering, are Galway one of the only counties in Ireland to run their league from May to September/October?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The D.W.S.L. also run from May to October.They have a winter league with only a few teams playing in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah right, thanks!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    when is the draw taking place for these cups??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It's a secret......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    ......the FAI say probably the week following the closing date for entries(26th Feb for Senior Cup and 19th March for all other), but no dates have been set.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    LIMK leag also runs may to sept.SENIOR cup starts early due to a national league going ahead later in the year. Its being held under the usual cloak and dagger system of the FAI. Only got a hint but its 6 teams to start and no club teams from Munster to be asked.Someone needs to be a little more honest with all the people involved in the womens game.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hi LmkSnr,

Can't say that I have heard anything about a National League this year. There were a couple of threads ref National League running last year(http://foot.ie/threads/117677-Women-...t=Women+Senior) and (http://foot.ie/threads/113410-Womens...t=women+senior scroll down..) prompted by comments made by Women's Snr Manger in Cork last Jan(13 months ago)....as usual nothing happened.The last I heard was that there was a idea of playing a national league of representative teams ie Galway League, Mayo League etc. I can't imagine how that would run in Dublin though. How would the leagues run...a different season? alternate weekends? Would players be expected to train with club or rep team? Would rep team have "first call" on players and instruct them not to play for clubs? Who will pay for it all...travel especially?

Also I can't believe that there could be a league without a team from Munster.

With the way the Senior Cup is going a national league with only six teams would be like playing a Senior Cup with home and away fixtures.

TO
    Last edited by The One; 19/02/2010 at 9:25 AM. Reason: adding in links to previous threads

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Good questions that need to be answered.But it still looks like going ahead later in the year.Will look forward to an open forum on the subject but somehow i dont think it will happen. There has been meetings in munster but not with senior clubs .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just got a text saying that they are trying to bring our league forward to April instead of May. Probably because of this National League?
    L U H G

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hi LmkSnr and Mary Drunner,

I was just speaking to one of the DWSL "top four" managers and he has heard nothing from anyone ref National League. Also speaking to a couple of people who attended the WFAI AGM a few weeks ago and there was no mention.

LmkSnr, who were attending the meetings in Munster...leagues/FAI/WFAI/ if there were no senior clubs involved? I can't imagine Annacotty, Lifford, Wilton etc being too happy if there were meetings discussing a National League and excluding them from the process.

Anyway, I'll do some more digging and get back to you.

thanks for info.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Did I hear some one say that the WFAI A.G.M. was a few weeks ago? If it was ,where and when did it happen as I was was under rhe presumption that it was to be held at the end of March.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hi Monuman, it was Council Mtg, just contacted attendee. Apologies for error.

yeah, meeting held a few weeks ago...lots of issues were covered....including a total re-vamp of the Emerging Talent Program where the leagues can become part of the "Development Process" as a League Centre and will have to do all the initial work(scout players, assess players and coach players for 10 wks min) pre Christmas and create and maintain all the records for the FAI including player and coach details, all coaching sessions and ongoing assessments of the players. FAI will attend inter-league centre games and choose players for ETP.

Then the FAI step in after Christmas with the ETP(post Christmas to end of May) and also the Gaynor Cup. No league "decision making" involvement(my reading of the document is no involvement...or as little as humanly possible) in the Gaynor cup from next year, 2011 onwards(from last year realistically, let's be honest here.....and the age groups have changed back to U14, U16 and U18). Leagues may offer volunteers to help, roles not specified. Leagues offered "carrot" of e1000 per 10 weeks of coaching per age group(e100 per week wouldn't cover the hire of a training facility let alone training kit, training equipment, travel costs etc...)max of e3000 per league....oh and three FAI tracksuits as well...fantastic!

Also heard mutterings of U18Cup re-introduction.....

Haven't seen or heard anything else of note as yet.

will update....
    Last edited by The One; 24/02/2010 at 11:45 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Monuman, will you be going to the AGM?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast