Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Irish Cup

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would dearly love to go if I get notification of the AGM.Do you know do they send out notification to every club in the country with nomination and motion papers.I'm involved only 4 years in ladies football but I don't know who is on the top table but I have never been told.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    monuman, I'll know those details later today and will update.
    I think that the Leagues are notified and it's up to them to pass the information on to clubs on behalf of the WFAI.
    I'm sure that any affiliated clubs can attend an AGM...it is a "Gereral" meeting. Anyway will hopefully clarify later.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    AGM is scheduled for March 26th to best of my knowledge.
    Leagues are notified by WFAI and are supposed to notify clubs.
    Couldn't get a definitive on affiliated clubs sending representatives to AGM or leagues sending selected representatives to AGM or both.
    No update on National League status.
    No confirmation on agenda for AGM either...but didn't expect for that information to be shared.
    Don't know process for having proposals debated/voted on at AGM(ie over-age issues from last year's FAI U16 Cup, large number of walkovers in senior cup matches, national league etc).

If anyone can educate on these matters, please udate this thread.
    Last edited by The One; 26/02/2010 at 10:53 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    To the best of my knowledge all clubs affiliated to the WFAI are entitled to go to the AGM. I know as secretary of my club, I was always notified it was on and it came directly from the WFAI. It is usually poorly attended and does not raise many controversial issues on the day. Probably due to these poor attendances and lack of any interesting items on the agenda, clubs just dont have any interest and dont go. With some leagues now affiliating directly through their Junior leagues, they seem to be either gone off the WFAI database or its felt that there is no longer a need to contact those particular leagues. I have heard nothing about National League either but it would not suprise me if something pops up out of nowhere with a "selected" number of clubs participating. However, I dont think the dates of the Senior Cup has anything to do with National League, to the best of my knowledge it has started around April for the past few seasons

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Senior cup draw . Looks like 12 byes and 4 games..PEAMOUNT V RAHENY. WEXFORD V LAKEWOOD. SALTHILL V DWSL. CORK LEAG V WILTON.

7. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    +++++
    Last edited by The One; 08/03/2010 at 7:03 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was one meeting in Munster in the past 12 months on a sunday morning and one league turned up (not sure how many were notified) and it was about the Gaynor Cup not National League. The provinsial councils run the Gaynor as part of the WFAI I would imagine the FAI will be running the National League if and when it starts. I could be wrong but I sense negativity towards a national league i think it's a great idea and badly needed, all the best nations in the world game have them and they are part of the reason their national teams are so strong.
    As for the League centres i think these will replace the Winter training camps, the players will have to pay like they did for winter trainint so it won't just be the money the FAI give and i think it gives leagues the chance to put the players they want on them rather than who an fai coach wants.
    I think it is still ridiculous that leagues have no input into the Gaynor tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Apparently no Galway teams will be in the Irish Cup (I think at all levels), because the Galway FA didn't notify any club. Salthill are one of the strongest clubs in the country and have been quite successful in the competition over recent years and the FA didn't have the decency to inform any club about the closing dates. Two or three clubs found out on the closing date and I don't know if they reached the deadline.

Bloody shambolic it is. Ugh, I'm raging!!!
    L U H G

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Salthill are in the Senior cup.........1st round draw..........12 byes and 4 games..PEAMOUNT V RAHENY. WEXFORD V LAKEWOOD. SALTHILL V DWSL. CORK LEAG V WILTON.......and the DWSL probably won't have a team (same as last year).......so second round it looks like for Galway team!! Be happy!!!

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Salthill are in the Senior cup.........1st round draw..........12 byes and 4 games..PEAMOUNT V RAHENY. WEXFORD V LAKEWOOD. SALTHILL V DWSL. CORK LEAG V WILTON.......and the DWSL probably won't have a team (same as last year).......so second round it looks like for Galway team!! Be happy!!!
    Well that's good! I know there was two clubs rushing to the fax machine when they found out on the day of the closing date.
    L U H G

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    anyone know why some of the irish cup matches down for next sunday are not taking place. is it because under 17 are away or some players have chosen to play the last round of league games with the GAA.??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cork Wilton game off due to 2 Wilton players away with the under 17's. being played following Sunday
    "Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations".

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

Did any of the senior games actually go ahead today

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wexford Women bet Lakewood 3-1 ta day.. great match played.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any one got results of other games tat were on ta day.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    peamount 3 raheny 2

20. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    nemi7

were you at the peamount v raheny game..was it any good? sounds like a cracker from the scoreline...

does anyone know if the Salthill v DWSL game went ahead?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i was playin!
    yeah it was a great game, end to end stuff. raheny scored with 4mins left so tense last few mins! will put the highlights up on www.peamountutd.com soon.

salthill dwsl didnt go ahead. shock horror. meant to be played next weekend so we shall see

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [B]draw for irish cup round 2[
    ]aisling annacotty v salthill (what happen dwsl)
    peamount v cork league/wilton
    drimnagh v fyfc
    templeogue v kilmacrennan
    st francis v mayo
    limerick league v dundalk
    st catherine v monaghan
    terenure v wexford

i see alot of the dublin teams got home draws

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

Some nice games ahead. DWSL never play so someone needs to ask some serious questions.Have the DWSL no respect for the competition . A league team cannot and should not be allowed to enter every year and fail to play.Hope they are not one of the teams proposed for the national league.
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 15/04/2010 at 9:56 PM. Reason: missing word

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast