Thread: Trapattoni 'interested' in Juve job part-time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Trapattoni 'interested' in Juve job part-time

Story in todays Sun (yes I know its the sun!) and here

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...hortlist/5128/

Don't know how happy I am with this. Though I think that Trap has too much loyalty to drop us if the proposed Juve spell goes well (like Walter Smith left Scotland for Rangers/Sanchez with the North).

On the plus side, it mite mean a spell in Italy for one or two Irish lads. Imagine Paul Mc Shane lining up beside Cannavaro in defence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rafa Benitez is going to be offerd the job...after he gets sacked by Liverpool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    In fairness if Boumsong got a game for Juve Paul McShane could captain them. They won't give it to Trap long term, wouldn't have a problem with him taking over until the end of the season though if Ferrara was sacked. Tardelli could easily step in for the Brazil friendly even if Trap didn't want to fulfill that, though I'm sure he could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Dont leave us Trap!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagger View Post
    Rafa Benitez is going to be offerd the job...after he gets sacked by Liverpool
    Only if he gets sacked - which Liverpool seem to be reluctant to do, not least for financial reasons. As much as Ferrara is in trouble, I don't think Juve have the money to sack him and hire competitively. He'll stay on until the summer, or they'll get someone available on the cheap.

Irritatingly, that makes the Trapattoni rumour more plausible, but given we're starting with an article in the Sun, I'm still not worried. There's no hint of it elsewhere either, as far as I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Only if he gets sacked - which Liverpool seem to be reluctant to do, not least for financial reasons. As much as Ferrara is in trouble, I don't think Juve have the money to sack him and hire competitively. He'll stay on until the summer, or they'll get someone available on the cheap.
    Guus Hiddink has been very heavily linked in recent weeks, suggestions he'll do what he did with Chelsea until the end of the season. Ferrara's position is almost untenable, the fans have even started turning on him after previously just focusing their ire on the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Guus Hiddink has been very heavily linked in recent weeks, suggestions he'll do what he did with Chelsea until the end of the season. Ferrara's position is almost untenable, the fans have even started turning on him after previously just focusing their ire on the board.
    He was. I don't fully believe it. He's unattached; if they were going to hire him, Ferrara would be gone by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I wouldn't be very happy if he wasn't round for the friendly. Thats his job and should be his priority. for 2million€ a year he should be able to fit in a single March friendly against arguably the best team in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm a MASSIVE Trap fan. i'm just a little uneasy about the situation given the Turkey rumours recently. I'm praying he stays till 2014.
    Last edited by Scooby Doo; 20/01/2010 at 11:16 AM.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    Story in todays Sun (yes I know its the sun!) and here

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...hortlist/5128/

Don't know how happy I am with this. Though I think that Trap has too much loyalty to drop us if the proposed Juve spell goes well (like Walter Smith left Scotland for Rangers/Sanchez with the North).

On the plus side, it mite mean a spell in Italy for one or two Irish lads. Imagine Paul Mc Shane lining up beside Cannavaro in defence!
    Honestly Scooby i believe your worrying over nothing. Its PaperTalk, thats all, trash like the Sun have nothing else to write about.

Traps name is only being bandied about due to history with Juve and The Serie A and also due to the Turkey story last month.

I do agree with you that Trap should be at the brazil friendly no matter what(unless due to personal reasons of course) and i have no doubt Trap will be at the brazil game and at all the games for the next 2 years and hopefuly beyond.

Mcshane and cannavaro would be unique alrght though ....lol
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    He should either stay or go.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    if i was him and was offered to go back and save the clubs season and have one last go at winning somthing i'd go for it if the FAI gave him the permission. theirs no way juve would keep him longer anyway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    So long as hes back and focused for the start of the next qualifying campaign I'd have no issue with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    I think that Trap has too much loyalty to drop us if the proposed Juve spell goes well (like Walter Smith left Scotland for Rangers/Sanchez with the North
    Sanchez left a part-time job for a full-time, higher-profile one paying about eight times the salary. Can't blame him for that. He promised long-term loyalty before that, and says he asked the phony Pharaoh if he could juggle both jobs. Few of us were fully convinced: apart from the zero chance of Fayed agreeing, his antics and resignation threats around the Iceland and Spain games in 2006 suggested he wasn't around for the long-term.

I've no idea how loyal Trap is. Of course he's on a much larger salary than Sanchez and presumably not interested in a full-time return to club management. Against that, he's nearly 71, lives near Milan(?) so also Turin, and might well fancy a brief caretaker or even a semi-honorary 'presidential' role with Juve. Managing another country might conflict with that. But I expect the results in the autumn qualifiers will be the biggest influence on his plans.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Could understand if Trap is interested in the role and he would have nothing really to lose by taking the job on a part time basis for four months.

Would have no problem with that, my only concern is that if he went there for the four months (im sure he would fulfill our one/two friendlies in this time) is that in the period of time he was manager Juve did very well, that there would be a pressure on Juve to hire him full time and theres no guarantee Trap wouldnt take it in that case.

Although they do lie fifth in the league, 13 points off the top, it would be very hard to see them winning the league, at best he might guide them to a CL spot and win the Coppa Italia (though they play inter next so not likely to progress).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We're paying his wages the so he should be 100% committed to us at all times,no exceptions. No quotes in the article,its complete fantasy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Not a trap fan at all so if he was to go i wouldn't care less.. The Irish team as limited as it is, was not utilised any where near its full potential. Andy Reid should without question have been an important squad player and look at the Shi** performance at home to france! His English is pi** poor and how can he communicate properly with the squad.. I know there is a translator but that is not the same.. Its a shambles of a set-up only the FAI could bloody manage.. In reflection it could be worse, we could have Steve Staunton still in charge!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EivissaPaul View Post
    Not a trap fan at all so if he was to go i wouldn't care less.. The Irish team as limited as it is, was not utilised any where near its full potential. Andy Reid should without question have been an important squad player and look at the Shi** performance at home to france! His English is pi** poor and how can he communicate properly with the squad.. I know there is a translator but that is not the same.. Its a shambles of a set-up only the FAI could bloody manage.. In reflection it could be worse, we could have Steve Staunton still in charge!
    So which is it? Our band of footballing gods are being stunted by the negative tactics of Trap, or Trap can't get his message across meaning our average journeymen can't get forward and play with the style intended?

As for our terrible performance against France, how many shots on goal did Anelka, Henry et al manage on goal in that game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    As for our terrible performance against France, how many shots on goal did Anelka, Henry et al manage on goal in that game?
    i agree here.

we totally contained them in that game and they rarely, if ever, got in behind us. the goal was a deflection after a hopeful shot from outside the box.

just before the goal i remember saying to the lad next to me that the french hadn't a clue how to get in behind us.

unfortunately n this country we aren't used to anything other than a high pressing game and on the whole the crowd at games are un-educated (football wise). some of the things people say at games are ridiculous, even by schoolboy standards.

we are a seriously limited team but managed to finish second in our group to the world champions and were heading for penalties against a french team full of quality until the hand of dog.

trap worked wonders with pretty much the same group of players who had narrowly beat san marino and drawn at home and were hockeyed away by Cyprus in the previous campaign ffs.

would not be happy if he went to Juve part or full time.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    i agree here.

we totally contained them in that game and they rarely, if ever, got in behind us. the goal was a deflection after a hopeful shot from outside the box.

just before the goal i remember saying to the lad next to me that the french hadn't a clue how to get in behind us.
    Yes but in the second half there was a marked difference to the first, in which we narrowly shaded it. In the second half, we were camped in our half and letting them come onto us, yes it had worked in a few of the games earlier in the campaign, Bulgaria X2 for example.

But that night I felt the goal was inevitable because in the second half as soon as the ball was cleared by our defence it pretty much came right back at them again. They hadnt got behind us fair enough because we were defending so deep but we were standing off them and they were starting to break us down, note the Evra penalty claim.
    And in reality following the goal, France should really have added to their lead, the Gignac miss was a shocker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    i agree here.

I mean this France arguement is dumb. It doesnt matter what you stay in the stands, we were 0-1-1 against them. So.....it was unsuccesful.
    Are France even really that good right now? And they have an absolute JO for a manager. So being like, Trap is great, look how good we did against France...I dont get that.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast