Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Cunningham D Cardiff b.1991

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Loan extended until the end of the season:

Cunningham has made 10 appearances for The Reds and manager Steve Cotterill said: "I think he's done really well and has caught everyone's eye.

"I think our supporters like him, which is obviously important, and we're really pleased he's staying with us.

"Greg is a good lad. He comes in every day, does his bits and pieces after training in the gym and we've been delighted with him.

"He's a really good footballer and a fantastic lad - he has fitted in around the place very well.

"Everything has now been agreed with Manchester City and we're just finalising all the paperwork that needs to be done."
    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...560442,00.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts
    Staying at Forest until the end of the season: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news...s-on-at-Forest
    Thought he might have some chance of getting into the City team. Despite having Kolorov, Clichy, Lescott and Bridge in the squad, there's still no recognised starting left full there.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Greg Cunningham has had a difficult time of it at Forest, as you might expect a young, inexperienced defender to have in a struggling side.

First of all, let's be positive. He's confident going forward and is comfortable bombing on the overlap or darting down the channel. Cunningham has also put in a couple of good crosses, he's got the pace to get to the byline but his delivery is generally good from everywhere.

Where he's struggled has been defensively. Quite a few goals have come from down the left side after he's been caught out of position or just plain slipped over. I'll need to watch him closer, but I'm not sure he's great at stopping crosses. He's obviously not the strongest lad, but he is a full back so it's not a disaster.

In mitigation, he's playing in an injury ravaged defence which lacks leadership and he has been part of the side that has tightened up at the back recently, even if the results have been abysmal because Forest can't score.

But even though I have criticised him, it's important to remember this is a 20-year-old defender who has started 23 games in his career, plus he broke his leg earlier this year.

Staying at Forest until the end of the season he'll start every game he's fit for, so could double his career starts and learn all the tricks that you need to survive as a good pro.

Whether it's to us or not, he needs to leave City (and probably the Premier League). I can't see him being at that level in the next couple of seasons and he doesn't want to one day turn 24 and have only played a few dozen matches in his career. Get a few seasons in the Championship under his belt and given his good attacking qualities and pace, not to mention the shortage of quality left backs in England, he'll surely play in the top flight for most of his career.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Well would you believe it Forest actually scored today after a something like 9 hours!
    They actually scored 3, so it's a bit like buses.
    So 1-3 away to Ipswich, BBC said Cunningham gave away a penalty, but later corrected it, which was a relief.

Correction - 73:19
    George Boateng challenges Jay Emmanuel-Thomas unfairly and gives away a Penalty.
    73:19
    Greg Cunningham challenges Jay Emmanuel-Thomas unfairly and gives away a Penalty.

It is not as if they look similar!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts
    Cunningham keen to carve out career away from Blues and catch Trap's eye again: http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/gr...y-3156545.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

7. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bit misleading I think. He's not ruling out another season-long loan, as it's unlikely he will feature for the side this season.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Would be great to see the U21s do well. The points about them being (a) good and (b) together since U14 is a bit, dare I say it, positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts
    Bristol City hoping to sign Cunningham: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Brist...ail/story.html
    Have to say I'm disappointed with the club, but he does need first team football. Bristol finished 20th last season, nine points clear of relegation and a point behind Forest where Cunningham was on loan for much of last season

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Confirmed:
    http://greenscene.me/2012/07/greg-cunningham-moves-to-bristol-city/

EDIT: Damn you tets, just a few seconds quicker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post
    Confirmed:
    http://greenscene.me/2012/07/greg-cunningham-moves-to-bristol-city/

EDIT: Damn you tets, just a few seconds quicker!
    That's what she said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Disappointing, but hopefully he can use it as a springboard to eventually playing at the top level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    It's a good move for him. He's 21 and already has a serious injury to his name. He needs to be playing regularly. He'll get that at Bristol.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Could turn out well.. the championship is pretty mad and clubs regularly come from nowhere and do well.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Thats not the worry for me though, it seems now adays unless you are a very young player late teens or so, you never get the chance of coming out of the 1st division to a PL club, unless its through promotion. Even with all the talk of their stadium and plans etc, I cant see bristol city getting promoted.

This may well be his level, as we haven't seen enough of him, but if its not its a very poor move. How can anyone look good in a team fighting relegation or there abouts.

I hope I'm wrong but I dont see him getting to a PL club in the next 2 or so years anyway. And they don't have cameras in the 1st division so no chance Trap will see him!!!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's only 4 years or so since Bristol City were narrowly beaten in a play-off final. Fortunes can change very quickly in the Championship, so hopefully the club's fortunes change for the better and Cunningham is a beneficiary.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Thats not the worry for me though, it seems now adays unless you are a very young player late teens or so, you never get the chance of coming out of the 1st division to a PL club, unless its through promotion. Even with all the talk of their stadium and plans etc, I cant see bristol city getting promoted.

This may well be his level, as we haven't seen enough of him, but if its not its a very poor move. How can anyone look good in a team fighting relegation or there abouts.

I hope I'm wrong but I dont see him getting to a PL club in the next 2 or so years anyway. And they don't have cameras in the 1st division so no chance Trap will see him!!!
    If he is going to move to the epl then 2 years time would be about right. He already has some profile as an international, if he plays well why won't he attract interest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    How can anyone look good in a team fighting relegation or there abouts.
    Come on Paul. Roy Keane. Forest. 1993.
    Anyway, it's not about looking good, it's about being good. And Greg is good.

Greg has matured a bit since his first Ireland games. He's not content waiting around for a chance at City and has gone out to kick start his career. I hope he does well, because we could do with him!
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Fighting relegation in the first division(not old) and PL is completely different.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    It's a whole different ball game.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast