Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Cunningham D Cardiff b.1991

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    New signing Balotelli wanted to keep his shirt number from Inter (45) which is Greg's number, so he's taken Dunne's old jersey number, 22: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news...s-number-is-up
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    How did he play when he came on against argentina ? I missed the second half
    Ahhh

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Messi was so scared he asked to be subbed off 30 seconds later. But Cunningham did OK - maybe a little unwilling to go forward like KK had been and was left on his arse by the winger's trickery at one point, but overall he looked up to the challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Messi was so scared he asked to be subbed off 30 seconds later. But Cunningham did OK - maybe a little unwilling to go forward like KK had been and was left on his arse by the winger's trickery at one point, but overall he looked up to the challenge.
    Was he left on his arse because he was bamboozled, or did he just slip? I thought he just slipped.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I only saw it once but it looked like he was caught flat-footed to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    short interview with Cunningham about his new contract with City: http://mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/G...am-on-new-deal
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I hear Kolarov who played LB at the weekend for City is out for 4-6 weeks and Lescott is expected to play LB tonight in the Europa league. Out of interest, Is Cunningham in the 25 man Europa squad?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    It's either Lescott or Cunningham tonight.
    From Man City's official site: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news...-Euro-patience
    Either Republic of Ireland youngster Greg Cunningham or Joleon Lescott is likely to start at left back.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Cheers tets. Would be great if he got a start.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It would always have been a big surprise if Greg had played tonight. A loss over two legs would spelled the end for Mancini, and handing a youngster his first competitive start in a crucial position would have been a massive gamble.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Agreed. Presume Lescott was LB. Micah Richards was the only the defender on the subs bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Just come on for City against Timisora

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Not on the bench tonight and Boyata another kid has come on for Bridge. Not to inspiring that he's seemingly dropped even further down the pecking order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Ideally, Cunningham will seek and get a move on loan before the loan window closes. Man City is no longer a club where youth will easily flourish.
    If he dropped down a division, such as Coleman did last year, I'd imagine it would be very beneficial to his development and confidence as a footballer. Then again, all it takes is for a few injuries or suspensions for Cunningham to get his chance. Maybe he'd prefer to wait for that chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Judging from the match report Boyata actually went right back so dunno who swapped in for Bridge. But agreed, he needs to be loaned out asap. If he was playing week in week out in the championship it would be fair game for him to be starting for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Zabaleta went left back I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Started tonight against WBA in the Carling Cup.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Both of WBA's goals have come from the "right channel". No idea why Cunningham is at a club like Manchester City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    According to a report on 5Live half-way through the second half both Cunningham and Man City's right back were being 'taken to the cleaners.'
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    09/23/2010 - 09:31:21

Manchester City could have just three fit defenders for Saturday's Premier League crunch with Chelsea.

After last night's 2-1 Carling Cup defeat at West Brom, Roberto Mancini revealed he is desperately short of defensive options for the visit of Carlo Ancelotti's men.

Unless Micah Richards recovers from a hamstring injury that kept him out at The Hawthorns, Mancini will have only Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany and Kolo Toure available to face the only side left with a 100% record.

"We have big problems," he said.

"I hope that Micah Richards can recover. If not I don't know who can play left-back."

The obvious inference is that should Richards miss out, Zabaleta will play on the right side and City would look for an alternative on the left flank.

That could either involve Adam Johnson being pressed into emergency service, or more likely a midfielder such as James Milner or Gareth Barry.

Either way, further injury fears shaped Mancini's team selection at The Hawthorns where, having taking a first-half lead through Jo, City were undone by two goals in as many minutes from Gianni Zuiverloon and Simon Cox.

"We couldn't take any risks," he said

"If I had more players available it would be a different team.

"But when you play like us and Chelsea, on Saturday at 12.45, the time to recover is very short.

"They would need minimum three days so to play tonight would have been dangerous."

It is to be hoped owner Sheikh Mansour understands the dilemma.

"I don't regret making the changes," he said.

"Saturday is more important, the FA Cup is more important. The Europa League is more important.

"I did not regard this as a necessary sacrifice. We wanted to win. That is why I had four senior players on the bench.

"But I knew there was a chance we could lose because we started with six young players.

"I am happy with these guys. We might have lost the game but they can improve. If they do not play tonight, when will they ever play?"

West Brom assistant boss Michael Appleton declared himself delighted with the result.

He said: "It was a great result. Really positive. Made numerous changes and the lads responded well.

"We were second guessing their side bearing in mind they have Chelsea on Saturday but there was still a lot of experience in the side.

"They brought the cavalry on at the end and we were under the cosh for the last 15 minutes but we did enough to win."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast