Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drogheda thread - budget being revised

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    > Drogheda's budget contains an income item of E100k from fundraising. This seems reasonable, in fairness, although there's not much of a safety net if the target isn't met.
    My impression was that this is extra fundraising, rather than the total fundraising.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Total fundraising, not additional
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Well fair play to ye if ye can get the full amount. I just hope that ye don't fall considerably short and it backfires.
    Good evening!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Sure that's nearly there with just the claret and blue club, so I'll withdraw and accept it's realistic.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    According to Roisin Phillips in this Drogheda Indo article immediately before Christmas Drogheda Utd were basing their budget on €125k coming from the Claret and Blue club. At that stage, they were running 60k short and indications are that there has been little movement since.

Perhaps there could to be "developments" in relation to the Harris, O'Connor and Daly "signings"

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/s...s-1986446.html

By Marcus CAVAROLI
    Wednesday December 23 2009

SERIOUS cost-cutting measures will have to be taken at Drogheda United in the coming days – unless a substantial increase in financial support for the club is forthcoming.
    That's the stark warning from Roisin Phillips who, along with Jim Agnew, is effectively running the club on a voluntary basis following the sacking of general manager Sean Connolly last week.
    Drogheda United had planned to run with a budget of around e260,000 next season – similar to the figure for 2009 – and the sum was based on half that amount coming from the Claret and Blue Club.
    However, membership of that fund-raising group, which is set to take control of Drogheda United in 12 months' time, is only running at 265, well short of the 500 target. With each member paying e250 a year, the total raised to date is e66,250 – leaving a shortfall of nearly e60,000.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Thanks fr posting up that article, interesting read.

Yeah I think we have a few more members /subscritpions (some -people have 2) so its around 270 (ish) but still far short of the (IMO) impossible figure of 500 members by Christmas 09. So thats a shortfall of lets say you 60K. Then I am sure that other bills have been identified over Christams as they new guys are getting to grips with the reality and lets assume that the 40k which would bring it up to 100K additonal needed for 2010 in fundraising.

In terms of the players clearly ordinary supporters dont know the details so we cant communicate it, but all I can communciate is that Roisin and Phillip are doing a great job and I seriously doubt they are spending cash we havent budgetted for. The rumour is that Connelly went because they wouldn't increase the budget (now thats the story I heard, nothing more than that).

We have extremely dedicated people now involved who were brought to the fore through their fight to save the club in examinership, no better guardians of the purse strings and may I say without trying to be sexist, I am glad we have a women involved as I think when it comes to football men can be blinded from reality and this explains some of the difficulty of clubs and overspending.
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Up sh*t creek again according to local radio....may not even get 1st division licence according to some reports.
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    Up sh*t creek again according to local radio....may not even get 1st division licence according to some reports.
    If the LMFM radio reports are even partially true, the situation seems extremely serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Perhaps there could to be "developments" in relation to the Harris, O'Connor and Daly "signings"

[/URL]
    Perhaps holding on to these three "signings" could be the least of the problems, although spending about €2,000 out of a proposed €5,000 budget on three players never made much sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    what was said on radio
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    what was said on radio
    Basically that there was no money at the club and players have been asked to renogotiate deals that are agreed for coming season.

Rumours in Oriel yesterday that Michael Daly will be lining out for us against Shels on tuesday
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Drogs have issued a press release, from Drogs forum

Press release:

Further to recent speculation in media circles, the board of Drogheda United FC is in budgetary discussions and hopes to have its 2010 budget finalised within the coming days.
    Sounds like they're cutting the budget alright.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Everythings fine, nothing to see here, move along...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    wtf are they bidding high wages for players (jamie harris and Gareth O'Connor) if they are in the sh1ts financially.... do they ever learn.

i do hope they pull true, i like drogheda as a club, would be a shame if they go bust.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    They probably gave Alan Mathews a budget to spend, which he was doing then the FAI wouldn't pass it. There's also something on the Drogs board about the FAI seeking a guarantee from the directors of any possible losses. As far as I know every club has had to give this but it seems to be causing a particular problem for Drogs.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    no smoke without fire and all that....

it was telling that Drogheda have been the only club not to officially announce any signings over this window

how on earth could they offer more than Pats for Kenna, McNally, Harris and O'Connor when Pats' reduced wage bill for this season is 10k and Drog's wage bill last season was 7k~?

after the examinership fiasco of last year whoever is in charge of that club now should be shot
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post

it was telling that Drogheda have been the only club not to officially announce any signings over this window

how on earth could they offer more than Pats for Kenna, McNally, Harris and O'Connor when Pats' reduced wage bill for this season is 10k and Drog's wage bill last season was 7k~?

after the examinership fiasco of last year whoever is in charge of that club now should be shot
    Clubs can announce signings all they like, means nothing until a budget has been passed and agreed with the Fai. Look at the Chris Turner situation, his signing was announced, didn't mean a thing. Have any budgets actually been passed?I heard ours was but could have been bull.

As far as I know, Drogs budget is the same as ours - 10k. Seems like this is going to have to slashed though going on all the reports. What hapened to the club being a "fans club"?I'd be very annoyed if there were rumours about our future like the ones surrounding them and all we got was that pitiful one line statement.

Hope they pull through though. Don't want Fitz back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The leinster cup match on wednesday v Pats is off after drogs pulled out, things must be bad up there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post

......... well they did get advice from shams. hope the situation is not as bad as some fear, the last thing the League needs is another club in trouble. Agree though that expenditure should have been very conservative after last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    and their game on wednesday has been postponed

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flume View Post
    Clubs can announce signings all they like, means nothing until a budget has been passed and agreed with the Fai. Look at the Chris Turner situation, his signing was announced, didn't mean a thing. Have any budgets actually been passed?I heard ours was but could have been bull.

As far as I know, Drogs budget is the same as ours - 10k. Seems like this is going to have to slashed though going on all the reports. What hapened to the club being a "fans club"?I'd be very annoyed if there were rumours about our future like the ones surrounding them and all we got was that pitiful one line statement.

Hope they pull through though. Don't want Fitz back.
    Christ, so they've planned to increase their budget by 25% this season based solely on the Claret and Blue funds fully materialising and not taking into account unspectacular attendances and a deep recession that is only going to get worse. Insanity.

I know signings are not the worth the paper until the FAI stamps its approval but unlike the Turner situation which was a personal change of heart there are players who have agreed contracts and wages with Drogheda who are going to get swindled here

Drogheda need to be thrown into the First Division like they should have been last season to get their house in order because like Cork it appears they've learned nothing from examinership and are screwing their players and fans about with reckless budgeting.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast