Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drogheda thread - budget being revised

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I don't know what's that strange about that tbh - some fans are obviously closer to what's going than others, never mind in terms of location. I'm not sure of the relevance really, bar a diversionary tactic.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A diversionary tactic - from what? Have the revenue issued a winding up order? The money had to be paid by last Friday according to the Daily Mail, even though it was cleared a few weeks before then

It was a bull**** article, the lack of a revenue winding up order proves that. Several Drogs were on here immediately confirming it was false. Everyone else seems to be of the opinion that there was no substance in the story, yet me pointing out that you claim to know more about our club finances (after a bull**** story appears in the paper) than what goes on at your own club is a tactic to divert away from the fact that the revenue are winding us up.

Sweet God, I don't care what you believe, say it as often as you want, it still won't make it true.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    A diversionary tactic - from what? Have the revenue issued a winding up order? The money had to be paid by last Friday according to the Daily Mail, even though it was cleared a few weeks before then

It was a bull**** article, the lack of a revenue winding up order proves that. Several Drogs were on here immediately confirming it was false. Everyone else seems to be of the opinion that there was no substance in the story, yet me pointing out that you claim to know more about our club finances (after a bull**** story appears in the paper) than what goes on at your own club is a tactic to divert away from the fact that the revenue are winding us up.

Sweet God, I don't care what you believe, say it as often as you want, it still won't make it true.
    I say the simplest way to solve this argument is ask the Shamrock fans on this board.

They are the self appointed guardians of the league & as they know everything that goes on behind the scenes in Dalymount some of them must know if there is any truth in this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    I say the simplest way to solve this argument is ask the Shamrock fans on this board.

They are the self appointed guardians of the league & as they know everything that goes on behind the scenes in Dalymount some of them must know if there is any truth in this.

time to lock thread - serving no purpose at this point.
    Drogheda United in this together

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    But Sean's confirmed that you need €100,000 in extra fundraising to break even this season. And no one actually answered Mr A's question whether you were behind with the tax (accepting it is settled). I don't see what the big deal is about asking questions in those circumstances.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    And no one actually answered Mr A's question whether you were behind with the tax (accepting it is settled). I don't see what the big deal is about asking questions in those circumstances.
    Who the hell cares? Mr A and pineapple have far too much time on their hands imo. You're asking about a not for profit/companies tax details on an internet forum! Lets get Peter Halpin or Vincent Hoey on here to confirm it for the fans of small insignificant clubs like Finn Harps, Longford Town and UCD!

Get a life lads!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Football fans discuss football related matters on football forum shocker!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans View Post
    to confirm it for the fans of small insignificant clubs like Finn Harps, Longford Town and UCD!

Get a life lads!
    Not called for.

Bohs fans usual responce to something they don't like is to call other fans clubs, small and insignificant.

Poor form.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's the same when such small insignificant clubs are playing Bohs, especially in Dalyer. Their fans go into apoplexy if the opposition have the temerity not to roll over for the Big Club. "Come on Bohs deal with these f*ckin minnows!" was one cry that I remember particularly. It wasn't amazing wit either, yer man was genuinely angry.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    It's the same when such small insignificant clubs are playing Bohs, especially in Dalyer. Their fans go into apoplexy if the opposition have the temerity not to roll over for the Big Club. "Come on Bohs deal with these f*ckin minnows!" was one cry that I remember particularly. It wasn't amazing wit either, yer man was genuinely angry.
    Who was he referring to, Longford, Albion, Danninger or the bank?
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Longford were the particular irritant at the time but I'm sure much the same sentiments apply to the others!.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Lads, if ye don't want to discuss the topic, don't bother posting on it; simple. Some want to discuss it, and stuff like "Who cares; your all stupid and bitter" is just trolling in that regard. Stay on topic or go to another thread, FFS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Ref usually sorts it out for them though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Lads, if ye don't want to discuss the topic, don't bother posting on it; simple.
    I think the point is, this 'no smoke without fire' discussion is pointless and does no one any favours. Both the club and its fans have said that the article was rubbish yet some persist. For years everyone has been calling for more transparency. Our club announce that part of the annual budget will be made up by fund-raising and people are questioning it ????
    I agree with Sean
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    I think the current facts are -

> It was reported that Drogheda were threatened with a winding up order if tax wasn't paid.
    > No winding up order has issued, so either the report was wrong or the tax was paid.
    > This was discussed at a public meeting which had been arranged a week beforehand for the purposes of fundraising for the coming season.
    > Drogheda's budget contains an income item of E100k from fundraising. This seems reasonable, in fairness, although there's not much of a safety net if the target isn't met.

The only real issue people are now querying is citizen smith's post on the Drogheda forum where he accepted that a balance of E50k was due, but that it had recently been paid. The questions then are - is he correct in what he says (and he puts himself about as one with the inside track, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's correct) and if he is correct, is it a concern that Drogheda built up a tax arrears of E50k less than a year after coming out of examinership? In addition, if citizen smith's post is correct, then it means that the newspaper article has some basis.

This is the post (which Mr A also alluded to) -

Quote Originally Posted by citizen smith
    Tripe. Got it on the very best authority that the tax bill concerned (circa 50K) has already been settled. No prizes for guessing who by. Typicla ****stirring without the full facts.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 27/01/2010 at 2:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Citizen Smith is full of it at the best of times! From the same thread, this is the post you should be reading:

Revenue have not mentioned any winding up order. They have a strict (and rightly so) agreement with the club which is being settled.
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    Citizen Smith is full of it at the best of times!
    I thought that was just me. Good to hear someone else agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    Citizen Smith is full of it at the best of times!
    I thought that was just me.
    No, lots of people here are full of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Ba dum tish!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Lads, if ye don't want to discuss the topic, don't bother posting on it; simple. Some want to discuss it, and stuff like "Who cares; your all stupid and bitter" is just trolling in that regard. Stay on topic or go to another thread, FFS.
    And be told the exact same thing on any other thread??
    You've got no fans.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast