Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drogheda thread - budget being revised

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Success is falling behind with the revenue by over a grand a week (and getting it paid by a benefactor) when you already made a serious enemy of the taxman?
    I'd like to know what you're basing any of that statement on. Who's this benefactor? We were 100k short at the end of last year so some debt was going to go unpaid (if that is indeed what happened). Makes sense to wait till January to pay the revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    I'll take any story from the daily mail with a large bag of salt from now on (all clubs stories) and certain journalists in general.
    +1
    Last edited by chatterbox; 24/01/2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Jamie Duffy covers more ground than Roadrunner ever did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The story was nice while it lasted
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Despite all the bluster and critism of the Mail, there was a fire generating the smoke.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What was the fire Macy????
    Drogs cleared their tax bill completely (a relatively small one by LOI standards) two weeks before a journalist decided to tell anyone interested that we were facing a revenue winding up order unless we cleared all our outstanding tax by last Friday.

Do you know how much Longford owe the revenue? If its more than 1c then you could be facing a winding up order if its not cleared. Would that be a "smoke without fire" story - no it would be complete nonsense.

Keep on dreaming, we're still in business, fully tax compliant, no outstanding wages due and in a much much healthier position than this time last year, when we were still in examinership. Hey, we even have 15 players who have agreed to play with us this season. 11 months ago we had 0.

We are looking forward to the new season and this time we all have very large umbrellas to cope with people raining on our parade.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Right- I'm genuinely confused here- did Drogheda fall 50k behind or not? Was this cleared by Vincent Hoey? Is he still involved with the club or not?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    citizen smith on the Drogheda forum mentioned that there was a bill of E50k, but that it was recently paid. That's all I've seen anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    No matter what line of business your in January is P35 time so even if you were paying a set sum on direct debit there would be either a balance payable or repayable. I know we settled up with the revenue ourselves this month so making a mountain of a molehill is what the Mail was doing.

I look after the accounts in our own business and laugh sometimes when I see some of the sanctimonious bull spouted on here by some posters. Ive said before 2/3rds of the businesses in the country are struggling big time with cashflow problems and things arent getting any better its actually worse with commercial activity at a standstill.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    We are looking forward to the new season and this time we all have very large umbrellas to cope with people raining on our parade.
    If you huddle together and hold them all up it'll look like a proper Stadiuuuuuu.....
    So that's how United Park is going to meet the Premier Licencing Criteria
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Ive said before 2/3rds of the businesses in the country are struggling big time with cashflow problems and things arent getting any better its actually worse with commercial activity at a standstill.
    No, you said before that 1/3rd of businesses are struggling (post 54). You've provided no evidence whatsoever for that either, and now it looks like you're making stuff up.

Individuals have an option to pay tax by DD, and even then it must come to pretty damn close what the final balance for the year is. I don't think companies have that option; that's why they have to do monthly P30s. If (if) Drogheda had a tax bill of E50k built up after one year that interested the Revenue this much, that's very bad management regardless of what spin you'd like to put on it.

Also, probably worth noting that no winding up order issued in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Right- I'm genuinely confused here- did Drogheda fall 50k behind or not? Was this cleared by Vincent Hoey? Is he still involved with the club or not?
    Are you not the one who claimed all this in the first place So we presume you just made it up for some strange reason ...Your confused allright , very confused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    If you huddle together and hold them all up it'll look like a proper Stadiuuuuuu.....
    So that's how United Park is going to meet the Premier Licencing Criteria
    You have a looong way to go before your club meets Premier Licencing Criteria so i wouldnt be so smug .Lost interest in goings on down there a long time ago. Do cork still exist ?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    What was the fire Macy????
    The €100,000 needed to break even that was said by Sean above? I'm not clear whether it's that you are budgetting for raising an extra €100,000 to break even this coming season, or that's the hole in last seasons figures?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    You have a looong way to go before your club meets Premier Licencing Criteria so i wouldnt be so smug .Lost interest in goings on down there a long time ago. Do cork still exist ?
    Ah diddums, it was a joke, untwist your knickers. I don't think Tommy No bobs has a hope of getting a Premier Division Licence [or any licence].

Cork still exists by the way, I'd say any map or atlas issued after 1850 would give a pretty good representation of where it is and it's size etc.,
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Are you not the one who claimed all this in the first place
    I asked questions based on the newspaper and what was posted on your forum. None of this originated with me.

So we presume you just made it up for some strange reason ...Your confused allright , very confused
    Oooooooooooo.K. Now can you answer the questions?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    The €100,000 needed to break even that was said by Sean above? I'm not clear whether it's that you are budgetting for raising an extra €100,000 to break even this coming season, or that's the hole in last seasons figures?

100k is this years budget requirement for fundraising etc to breakeven. Once the C&B club, gates, sponsorship etc are taken into account they beleive that 100k is required through additional sources (mainly fundraising I would imagine) to breakeven.

Your point about just reducing the budget by 100k is moot but (I am only repeating what I have heard , no inside info bar being a C&B member) I assume that to run a team in the premier has a base cost (interesting thread if somone wants to start one - what is the none playing staff cos of running a club) and we are sailing close if not on it hence we cannot reduce the budget by 100k otherwise we might as well apply for the 1st div (IMO).

The challenge for us as a club and group of supporters is to stay in the top flight and the club believe we have the plan in place to do so with the judged most realistic budget to do so.

We have a challenge as does every team for the fothcoming season but I suppose the difference is that we are communicating our exact challenge (off field) and tackling it head on. Its a pleasent change TBH as it allows us all to pull in the same direction. i.e. no more carzy spending and realisitic goals (ie last season survival, this season breakeven and hopefully a few places higher in the table, next season a few baby steps more).

The aim is that after each season we will have put in place more structures to help finance the club (ie C&B club). I am sure there is plenty we arent doing correctly but its not for lack of honest effort.

I know other supporters would be spectical as we went into examinership but things have and will continue to change in UTD PARK, it will take time but we are getting there.
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Success is falling behind with the revenue by over a grand a week (and getting it paid by a benefactor) when you already made a serious enemy of the taxman?
    That dosent read like a question to me . You made a statement about a benefactor paying our debts , its not true . All payments to the revenue have been made and yes vincent is still involved in the club for whoever wants to know .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Despite all the bluster and critism of the Mail, there was a fire generating the smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy,on Longford forum, 24/12/2009
    The indo are reporting we've issues with our licence, once again (thanks Mr A). Any idea's what they are this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reply by Longfordian
    Nothing too serious from what I've heard. There was a small amount of wages owed at the end of the season but as far as I know they were paid or being paid. Small amount owed to Revenue as well apparently but again they weren't too worried about it. Minor issues as the article says.
    Amazing how some people (apart from Rovers fans, obviously) know the financial dealings of another club while not having a clue whats going on at their own club.
    I wonder have Longford paid their back wages or tax?
    I know we have....
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    As far as I'm aware we have paid it. We have a tax clearance cert and I think all players were paid it was the final week's wages as far as I know somewhere around 2.5k. They're not expecting any Licensing issues from what I've heard anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Amazing how some people (apart from Rovers fans, obviously) know the financial dealings of another club while not having a clue whats going on at their own club
    Can you also link to the posts where I said that it was a non-story and tried to spin that everything was hunky dory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You didn't - you said there were problems at our club but had to ask your own fans what was going on at Longford.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast