Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Drogheda thread - budget being revised

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The Cork City thread is titled "...winding up order..." whilst this thread is "..a wind-up order"
    Kildare County RIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    The club formed a budget before Christmas. It was a draft, a discussion document. After Christmas having been let down by various commitments vis a vis financial assistance due to individual/businesses difficulties, the board reviewed the budget whilst at the same time trying to secure additional funding. All clubs had to meet with the FAI after Christmas in relation to budgets. DUFC did, DUFC showed the draft budget, explained that it was awaiting the outcome of various sponsorship deals and other financial contributions, the FAI also made certain observations, explanations were given and accepted and we are where we are. Irresponsible???? Get a grip.
    such horse manure ,the club took a proposed budget to the fai which was rejected anything else is spin. and the fai is not there to tell you what to spent its only there to tell you if you are plans are ****.
    my first point still stands if you need somebody else to tell you what should be your budget your a fool.
    what is it with lOi clubs that they need someone else to tell them what they will spend by the end of the year compaired to what they will take in. do the ****ing basic maths.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I don't think it is particularly important whether the FAI rejected/declined/recommended a revision or advised that the first draft would not be acceptable etc etc. The bottom line is that the process seems to have had the desired effect and the Drogheda budget presumably will now come in line with what the FAI deem acceptable - though passerby's point that this should not be necessary is entirely valid

The reality for seven or eight of the premier clubs is that it's really all about financial survival and retaining premier status this season. Trying to get the foundations right to work towards bridging the gap to compete with Bohs and Shamrock Rovers and doing so on a solid financial footing in the seasons ahead is the bigger picture.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with Ezekial, if there is a lesson in this it's that the FAI are doing their job as advisors, this may sound dumb but it's how it works in North American sports leagues and for most of them it seems to work. The old Quebec Nordiques used to survive off trading players and lump sum investments from separatist Quebecqois, until the NHL enforced a pre-budget rule that saw the club fail in 11 instances within 1 season, as a result they were denied a licence, the franchise taken from them, given back to Denver where the Colorado Avalanche inherited an already good side and went on to win the Stanley Cup in their first year. The point is that if the authorities advise and apply rules evenly, then there can be no argument or come back if a club is denied a licence or fined/docked points, otherwise we're going to keep suffering more courtroom dramas year on year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    I dont where your getting your info.Our Budget was less than €6,500 last year and has been cut further this year and ours will be less than Quarter of your own clubs for this season so you should start looking closer to home for fairy stories.
    RELAX, I was referring to questions that were raised here on Foot.ie. believe it or not I genuinely hope that there are no problems at Galway (although the "you are doing it worse than us" was not considered a defence for Bohs). given the names linked ith Galway it is hard to beleve the budget is less than last year but happy to take your assurance

Anyway, we all know Nick leeson would not break the bank !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    According to the sun today

- Drogheda's budget will be reduced by 30% on the initial budget
    - Alan Matthews will stay on as manager
    - Conor Kenna and Ross Gaynor are the only players to pack up and leave
    - The rest of the squad will accept the paycuts

I do have to laugh at some of the Drogheda fans here falling for their boards horse**** about the sudden collapse of their budget after Christmas, fact is Drogheda outbid Pats for Gareth O'Connor just 2 weeks ago after they were due to submit their budget to the FAI. Drogheda have set another precident that you can snap up players offering fantasy wages you know you cannot pay and go back on it just in time for the season to start leaving players with little option to find a new club on the same money because clubs have signed up all their squads, a magnificent tactic to get a good squad on the cheap, at the players expense of course.
    Last edited by total hoofball; 12/02/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I do have to laugh at some of the Drogheda fans here falling for their boards horse**** about the sudden collapse of their budget after Christmas, fact is Drogheda outbid Pats for Gareth O'Connor just 2 weeks ago after they were due to submit their budget to the FAI. Drogheda have set another precident that you can snap up players offering fantasy wages you know you cannot pay and go back on it just in time for the season to start leaving players with little option to find a new club on the same money because clubs have signed up all their squads, a magnificent tactic to get a good squad on the cheap, at the players expense of course.
    Mathews decides where the wages go, thats his choice, not the board's. Besides, the players are still free to leave and join other clubs (as two of them have chosen to do). The board are just doing now, what should have been done a month or two ago (although they claim there are various reasons that this didn't happen). They also claim that Mathews was kept informed of how the budget was shaping up almost on a weekly basis, whether you believe that or not, it was still him that offered the wages.

Personally, I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving with the financial situation so uncertain. Its like any business nowadays, the situation changes every week.
    Jamie Duffy covers more ground than Roadrunner ever did

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    Besides, the players are still free to leave and join other clubs (as two of them have chosen to do).
    Not if the offer that they turned down doesn't stand now because the other club got in someone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Drogheda have set another precident that you can snap up players offering fantasy wages you know you cannot pay and go back on it just in time for the season to start leaving players with little option to find a new club on the same money because clubs have signed up all their squads, a magnificent tactic to get a good squad on the cheap, at the players expense of course.
    That's an excellent point hoofball.
    Something will have to be done to prevent this in the future as it's an obvious flaw in the system when you think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Verbal contracts and all that?, If a player has a contract that is not honoured then the club cant get a licence surely.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I am laughing my head off at some of the posts which are trying their damn hardest to try and keep some sort of indignation going - brillant, keep it up lads , its priceless.
    I agree, it's hard to credit the delusion of drogs fans getting their knickers in a twist given what's gone on. You know your fecked when the only support of how the finances have been handled comes from Bohs fans!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    touché

come on macy, it s not aimed at people with actual points, you know they posters its aimed at. There was a good discussion for the most part in the thread with views being expressed fromthe drogs positon (agree with them or not) and counter views being presented back. I thought it was quite refreshing. Unfortuantley that life cycle of the thread seems to be over and the drama queens are out in full force.

No probs at all with points of view which differ but come on, some people claiming we shouldnt get a licence because a verbal understanding is apparently the same as an FAI signed, santioned, approved contract, others claiming it was all part of the plan to outbid other clubs - for me this type of stuff is comical and really did make me laugh - had a right old giggle at it (some if others want to post the same, I would personally welcome it).
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Thread unlocked. It'll be locked again (or posts will be infracted) if we get onto stupid conspiracy theories on the title, misrepresenting of posts (I don't think anyone's claimed this is a deliberate ploy by Drogheda to sign better players than they could otherwise afford, for example) or generally unneccessarily aggressive posts (such as calling other posters illiterate). Your call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Guess we'll find out tomorrow if they made the necessary changes... Wonder will the license only be given to clubs fully sorted or will some clubs get them on conditions

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    Guess we'll find out tomorrow if they made the necessary changes... Wonder will the license only be given to clubs fully sorted or will some clubs get them on conditions
    would assume it will be for clubs fully sorted. Its not like a few yrs ago when licencing was new to the loi and the fai allowed some leeway in the process.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    would assume it will be for clubs fully sorted. Its not like a few yrs ago when licencing was new to the loi and the fai allowed some leeway in the process.
    Well I hope Drogheda have their budget sorted than... Always enjoy matches up there...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Thread unlocked. It'll be locked again (or posts will be infracted) if we get onto stupid conspiracy theories on the title, misrepresenting of posts (I don't think anyone's claimed this is a deliberate ploy by Drogheda to sign better players than they could otherwise afford, for example) or generally unneccessarily aggressive posts (such as calling other posters illiterate). Your call.
    More double standards here - imo your attitudes and standards in moderating and in your own posts are contradictory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    If you have a problem with any post, report it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Do we know when the announcement will be or shall I wait to be riled by Off The Ball later?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Do we know when the announcement will be or shall I wait to be riled by Off The Ball later?
    I am expecting a phone call sometime this evening.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112