Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Hi,

I've one ticket for each of the following for sale for face values:

2nd July /// Port Elizabeth /// Match 57 - QF - W53 v W54** CAT2 200.00 USD
    29th June /// Pretoria /// Match 55 - R16 - 1F v 2E CAT2 150.00 USD
    27th June /// Joburg SC /// Match 52 - R16 - 1B v 2A CAT2 150.00 USD
    25th June /// Nelspruit /// Match 46 - Korea DPR* v Côte d Ivoire CAT2 120.00 USD
    23rd June /// Nelspruit /// Match 40 - Australia v Serbia CAT2 120.00 USD

**This will be Winner <1st E v 2nd F> v Winner <1st G v 2nd H> - if it goes to form could be Holland v Brazil
    *This is "North Korea"

Let me know if you want the tickets as they are currently up for re-sale via the Fifa website.

Am going to all of the above games so can arrange to meet outside a few hours before kick off or in the towns a day or two before (except for Australa v Serbia as I only arrive in Nelspruit on the 23rd).

Would also be interested in swapping tickets if you have the Cape Town quarter final on 3rd July as am looking to go to that!

Cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    I live about 30ks out of Cape Town, going in tomorrow for the game and we booked a guest house last minute for 500zar (50 Euro's)
    Match screwed a lot of accommodation holders over with their empty promises and mark up policy. FIFA screwed the ticket sales by pretending popular games were sold out to try and get people to buy for the unpopular games

Despite all that I bet they still come out smelling of roses and the media will blame the hosts, despite ticketing and accommodation being predominately FIFA's domain.
    The hosts deserve the blame for the accommodation problem as they tried to cash in. Match have been useless for every World Cup but you will have stupid Brazilian hotels and guesthouses signing up with them too and complaining when they get their rooms dumped a few weeks before the tournament. Definitely great deals to be had now but too late for most people to make plans.

Shame as I think it will be a fabulous world cup. Had they left prices at normal levels there would have been far far more foreign visitors and the local economy would have benefitted greatly.
    Limerick FC Més que un club

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I know of a lot of places f--ked over by Match, I don't doubt there was profiteering going on but no one in SA wanted empty stadiums, they wanted people to come. Match promised the stars and couldn't delive, no doubt they'll do the same in Brazil, and again in 2018.
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Pity to see so many empty seats, but from what I can gather ticket prices seem to be set at pretty much the same level as 2006 when it was a) in probably the most enthusiastic football country in the world (attendance wise) b) within easy reach of all European fans c) in the centre of a seriously wealthy population d) during a boom. Hardly unexpected that attendances are way down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    5k empty seats at Paraguay Italy last Monday, I know an Italian guy here who queued 3 times to be told that it was sold out on each occasion, it's honestly been farcical.
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    4k empy seats at England tonight, tickets changing hands for silly money outside but empty seats inside....
    Sideshow Bob

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How much were the England tickets going for Enda? I had 4 for their Slovenia game but I resold them back.
    Any craic around the Waterefront that eve? We were in there after the Italy- Paraguay game, good spot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    There were a lot of disappointed England fans knocking around after the game, but the craic was good. The Italy game was too cold to hang around, I was rugged up in my Ski gear!
    I heard a tout say 3 grand to one prospective punter as we walked up to the ground but I suspect they could be bartered down a fair bit.

Sorry to have missed you Fin, I had it in my head you were around for the Engerland game, unfortunately with the Italy game being on a school night it was a rush to get there and then because of the weather not much hanging around afterwards.

Did you enjoy the games in PE?
    Sideshow Bob

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PE was all right but CT was better craic. Long St. was brilliant all the time. PE didn't have any place similar, it seemed to be too spread out. It ****ed rain for the couple of days that I was there too. I went on a day safari from there which was good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    CT was buzzing yesterday with the Dutch, best support I've seen by a long way in terms of numbers, noise and especially colour. It helps that their team puts on a show too.
    Sideshow Bob

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I met two of those dutch birds with the controversial orange dresses in the Dubliner bar on the Saturday that I was there. They were hot! Hope they win, I have €50 at 14/1 on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I called the Dutch early too but wasn't brave enough to put 500zar on them, have you any idea how many castle's that buys you?????? There certainly are some fine looking ladies supporting the Oranje, one is almost tempted to jump on their bandwagon.....
    I spoke to a guy who is doing security for VISA, apparently the empty seats are all corporate ones, he reckons none of the corporate jolly packages are coming in until the last 16/quarter finals.
    My boss had a spare for last nights game and sold it for face value to a very appreciative Dutch fan, not sure if they were generally changing hands for more than face value or not because we went for something to eat first and were on a mission straight up to the stadium afterwards.
    Sideshow Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123