Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010 Tickets Available

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    The England Games are sold out, I think I did read that the official supporters club sent tickets back but I know for a fact there are no tickets for the 3 first round England games.
    They didn't sellout a potential 2nd round tie in Rustenburg or a potential 3/4th placed playoff. The way tickets are sold to members of the England travel club means they know exactly what games they have and haven't got should England progress.

Quite a few games are sold out at the moment but more tickets come onstream next week. In reality tickets won't be a problem for almost all games in this tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    They didn't sellout a potential 2nd round tie in Rustenburg or a potential 3/4th placed playoff. The way tickets are sold to members of the England travel club means they know exactly what games they have and haven't got should England progress.

Quite a few games are sold out at the moment but more tickets come onstream next week. In reality tickets won't be a problem for almost all games in this tournament.
    I think a lot of the demand is based on where the games are and the ex-pat's; there is huge demand for Cape Town games for Italy, England & Portugal because there are large ex-pat migrant populations here.
    I think it'll be handy get tickets for games in places like PE, Bloem etc..
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You do get the feeling that FIFA are going to have to giveaway unsold tickets to the locals to fill the grounds. I think SA will prove to be a financial disaster, because it costs so much for a lot of the Europeans to get there. The only thing I like about these situations is the touts get stung when there is a glut of tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The Sponsors stepped in when the confed cup was struggling to sell tickets for the lesser games, I can see the same thing happening again.
    Oddly I expected a lot of giveaways, competitions etc.. but there have been very few here.
    "Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king"
    Sideshow Bob

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Has there been any mention of free buses between stations / town centers and the stadiums ?

I've a match in Joburg on the 27th (winner gp a v runner up gp b) which, if it goes to Extra Time, might not finish till around 11pm, and given ellis park's proximity to the dicey bits of Joburg (Hillbrow and Yeoville) night be chancing it a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Don't know about Jo'Burg but Cape Town are running a park and ride system which takes in the train station, they've trialled successfully it in the test events
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Sideshow Bob

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    It seems likely that more tickets will come available. If you follow some of the internet sites there are a lot of people waiting for FIFA to open up the sales channel so they can sell their excess tickets. It seems a lot of people bought up tickets in the earlier phases and then decided against traveling. Anecdotally, I have also heard that many of the large international sponsors will be returning some of their allocations.

I'll be there for the England-Algeria and last-16 games though.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I collected on Sunday and the guy at the desk told me that all Ellis Park, Cape Town, Durban & Soccer City games were gone. There was pandemonium when the tickets were launched for sale last week but by Sunday there was no queue because there were big signs everywhere saying "Cape Town tickets sold out", I don't doubt more will be released though.

The idiocy of Fifa's one stadium per city policy which has resulted in games being played in Polokwane, Nelspruit & Rustenburg is coming to fruition.
    Sideshow Bob

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hi - urgent....tickets are available right now for loads of matches...just picked up a last 16 and a quarter final ticket.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    This is FIFA madness, picked up tickets almost 3 weeks ago, all sold out, nothing left apprently, my boss spent a day queuing got nothing.

Yesterday, boss logs on to FIFA site, buys 8 last 16 tickets.

Fifa organisational chaos.
    Sideshow Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    This is FIFA madness, picked up tickets almost 3 weeks ago, all sold out, nothing left apprently, my boss spent a day queuing got nothing.

Yesterday, boss logs on to FIFA site, buys 8 last 16 tickets.

Fifa organisational chaos.
    All the quarters and 2nd round were available yesterday and some of today.

I think FIFA are playing games trying to sell the game sin Polokwane and Nelspruit which are a disaster by pretending Durban, Cape Town etc are sold out.

I've had Durban tickets up for re-sale for Holland v Japan for weeks and it was showing sold out - now there are loads of tickets available for that game. Mine haven't sold nor have
    my others for the other venues which are very unlikely to sell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    All the quarters and 2nd round were available yesterday and some of today.

I think FIFA are playing games trying to sell the game sin Polokwane and Nelspruit which are a disaster by pretending Durban, Cape Town etc are sold out.

I've had Durban tickets up for re-sale for Holland v Japan for weeks and it was showing sold out - now there are loads of tickets available for that game. Mine haven't sold nor have
    my others for the other venues which are very unlikely to sell.
    Thanks gspain. It seems clear there will be plenty of tickets available for almost all of the games (except for the semi-finals and final I suspect). I bought tickets before the draw based on venues so I'm just going to Cape Town, Jo'burg and Durban. I'm going to offer two spare tickets up on the FIFA website in the next few days but happy to accommodate anyone on here if they want to take them off my hands directly.

Match 52 (Last 16) Winner Group B vs Runner-Up Group A (Johannesburg 27th June)
    Match 58 (Quarter-Final) - Johannesburg 2nd July (potentially England v France if they both win their groups - i'm really struggling with who to support if that comes to pass).

Just one spare ticket for each game. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have a few Cape Town tickets up for resale but they are not selling even though FIFA say there is no tickets available for those games. Hard to understand what they are at.
    Anyone here going to the France - Uruguay game? Im in the Uruguay jersey with a tricolour!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd love to be there but I get the feeling a lot of games are going to have the atmosphere of American baseball games, lots of families not really knowing what is going on and very few actual fans with a real interest in their teams result. I have no faith in the FIFA machine

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FIFA have got all my spares sold now anyway.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Loads of availability now again on the FIFA site. Cat 3 for a lot of games.

https://lmsfwctickets.fifa.com/LMS/UserArea/Wizard.aspx

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finbarrk View Post
    Loads of availability now again on the FIFA site. Cat 3 for a lot of games.

https://lmsfwctickets.fifa.com/LMS/UserArea/Wizard.aspx

Btw that site kind of looks funny, is there meant to be a "lmsfwc" in the url ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Btw that site kind of looks funny, is there meant to be a "lmsfwc" in the url ?
    I think its the legit site but its just part of the overall chaos that FIFA/MATCH have once again managed to land themselves in. AFAIK lms stands for last minute sales.

There are plenty of tickets still on sale and more keep appearing on an almost daily basis as sponsors and non-travelling fans put their tickets back into the pot. There were England-USA tickets on sale yesterday and I know of people who were still picking up tickets for the final last week (that is remarkable the week before the tournament starts).

I bought my tickets early on (mostly before the draw in December) but it seems like I could have waited until the very last minute and picked almost any game I wanted. The flight and accomodation costs definitely turned a lot of people off travelling but I'm hoping that might make things work a bit smoother when we actually get there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I live about 30ks out of Cape Town, going in tomorrow for the game and we booked a guest house last minute for 500zar (50 Euro's)
    Match screwed a lot of accommodation holders over with their empty promises and mark up policy. FIFA screwed the ticket sales by pretending popular games were sold out to try and get people to buy for the unpopular games

Despite all that I bet they still come out smelling of roses and the media will blame the hosts, despite ticketing and accommodation being predominately FIFA's domain.
    Sideshow Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast