Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 366

Thread: Simon Cox (F Western Sydney Wanderers b.1987)

  1. #41
    First Team Jicked's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    So you don't think Paul McGraths African heritage had nothing to do with his skill as a footballer?
    Of course it didn't, it's ridiculous to say otherwise.

    I'd love to see the 'African' heritage of most of Brazil's squad. Do you mean the fact they're black? Perhaps the Brazilian footballing culture and style has a little more to do with it?
    As for players that are of African descent, it might help them be tall which can be an obvious attribute, y'know, unless their heritage is of a rather small African people. Like say Claude Makélélé.

    And I'm going to stop now because this is quite possibly the most ridiculous footballing debate I've ever had.

  2. #42
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York & Dublin
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    364
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    Brady was half English....
    WTF? Where did you get that one from?
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

  3. #43
    Reserves
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The Nigerian guy in my 6 a side team is feckin brutal, good dude though. The Japanese guy on the other hand is brilliant, but a bit of a jerk. Discuss

  4. #44
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    There is no such thing as an Irish born foreigner, if you are born & bred on the Island of Ireland you are Irish regardless of color or creed!!

    Yes if people of Irish descent feel they are Irish then they are Irish. I accept that 2nd generation Irish should be entitled to play for their parents country but the granny thing is taking the ****.
    As with many of your posts, you contradict yourself here, saying if born and bred in ireland you are irish
    If born of irish descent and feel irish, you're irish, but surely these irish descent guys were born and bred in (let's say) england, which by your logic makes them english

  5. #45
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    WTF? Where did you get that one from?
    His mother is English.


    You can't deny the African influence in sports son.

    Irish people love to go on about the Irishness of successful people of other countries, Boxers like Ali ffs. The fighting Irish thing and the never say die attitude in foreign sportspeople with Irish heritage or is that ridiculous too?
    Is it like some Irish people saying that Man Utd liverpool & Celtic are Irish clubs in essence.That they have the Irish Spirit?


    Yes Brady & Best were very specially gifted Irish players no doubt and there are others but all I'm saying is that McGraths African heritage helped him in his game,of course his Irishness helped greatly as well.

  6. #46
    Reserves
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    His mother is English.


    You can't deny the African influence in sports son.

    Irish people love to go on about the Irishness of successful people of other countries, Boxers like Ali ffs. The fighting Irish thing and the never say die attitude in foreign sportspeople with Irish heritage or is that ridiculous too?
    Is it like some Irish people saying that Man Utd liverpool & Celtic are Irish clubs in essence.That they have the Irish Spirit?


    Yes Brady & Best were very specially gifted Irish players no doubt and there are others but all I'm saying is that McGraths African heritage helped him in his game,of course his Irishness helped greatly as well.

    Wow. Just...wow. Scary

  7. #47
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quick question, if Aldridge & co played for England or Scotland in Houghtons case would that have made them English but since they chose out of desperation to opt for Ireland does that make them Irish or English?

  8. #48
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York & Dublin
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    364
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    His mother is English.
    I've never heard this before. She had a very definite Dublin accent whenever I heard her interviewed on TV or on video so I'm very surprised to hear she was English. Maybe she moved to Dublin as a child or something.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

  9. #49
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,398
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,647
    Thanked in
    1,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    Quick question, if Aldridge & co played for England or Scotland in Houghtons case would that have made them English but since they chose out of desperation to opt for Ireland does that make them Irish or English?
    it definitely makes Houghton english and makes Aldridge, according to my heritage calculator, Nepalese.

    Interesting.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    it definitely makes Houghton english and makes Aldridge, according to my heritage calculator, Nepalese.

    Interesting.

    you know what I mean, Scottish or Irish then?

  11. #51
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,398
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,647
    Thanked in
    1,941 Posts
    he was born in Scotland but has Irish blood and felt sufficient affinity to the country to play with Ireland. Its pretty simple, i think youre over-analysing this.

  12. #52
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    he was born in Scotland but has Irish blood and felt sufficient affinity to the country to play with Ireland. Its pretty simple, i think youre over-analysing this.
    That was his choice of course yet he has said that when he came back into the dressing-room after an Ireland game the first thing he did was to find out how Scotland go on.

  13. #53
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    897
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,590
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    ok, what the hell has Nigerian blood got to do with Simon Cox?
    Can we get half of this thread deleted?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  14. #54
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    ok, what the hell has Nigerian blood got to do with Simon Cox?
    Can we get half of this thread deleted?

    I agree 100%

  15. #55
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,883
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,838
    Thanked in
    2,178 Posts
    The solution is simple: get more africans to donate blood in Ireland.

    I cam barely believe what I'm reading above.

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #56
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    The solution is simple: get more africans to donate blood in Ireland.

    I cam barely believe what I'm reading above.

    you know what I mean...

  18. #57
    Youth Team SilkCut's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    187
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    you know what I mean...

    Are you perhaps trying to say that if you have a love for Ireland and are qualified to play for them then fair play and welcome aboard, but if you are qualified to play for Ireland and only do it to add international player to your C.V. then **** off? If so thats fine, if not, I for one am lost!!

    As for the blood thing... mate give it up you just look stupid. Remember the mad German who wanted to populate the world based on peoples blood lines???? He was a terrible player too......
    Last edited by SilkCut; 05/01/2010 at 9:58 PM.
    Help something bit me!!!

  19. #58
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,897
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    457
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    176
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    I hope Simon Cox doesn't read this thread

  20. #59
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkCut View Post
    Are you perhaps trying to say that if you have a love for Ireland and are qualified to play for them then fair play and welcome aboard, but if you are qualified to play for Ireland and only do it to add international player to your C.V. then **** off? If so thats fine, if not, I for one am lost!!

    As for the blood thing... mate give it up you just look stupid. Remember the mad German who wanted to populate the world based on peoples blood lines???? He was a terrible player too......


    Come back down to earth a small bit son, stop making a big deal over nothing...


    You got the first one right btw...

  21. #60
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    ok, what the hell has Nigerian blood got to do with Simon Cox?
    Can we get half of this thread deleted?
    If we just got half of the thread title deleated there would be a tenuous link

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Darron Gibson (M Salford City b.1987)
    By Dr. Ogba in forum Ireland
    Replies: 3378
    Last Post: 18/05/2020, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16/01/2020, 4:20 PM
  3. Free Western Union Coupons
    By dahamsta in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/11/2005, 4:13 PM
  4. Sydney Swans win AFL cup
    By ThatGuy in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26/09/2005, 6:50 PM
  5. North Western Manager Appointments
    By Bluebeard in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29/09/2003, 1:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •