Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs SCP discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejo View Post
    BYCTWD can you actually back up anything you say? Or is everything you say just unfounded claims that you like to make up (as someone said on here before throw enough mud and it will start to stick), I'm looking specifically at your claims that Bohs submitted a budget to include prize money for winning the treble? How many of your posts on here are about Bohs? It really is borderline obsession at this stage.

Most fans will know more about their own budget than the fans of another team will so stop acting like you know everything and anything about us, it's pathetic at this stage.

Most if not all Bohs fans/members know about their clubs budget and what they are budgeting for more than you do so give it a rest and stop coming up with such tripe such as 'Bohs are budgeting for winning 3 trophies', when it is abundantly clear to everyone that, that is not true.

Our lowest point was/will still be a hell of a lot higher than yours was mate.

This must kill you but like it or not the Bohs board are getting their house in order and we're here for the long term.
    But he is a Rovers fan so that automatically means he knows everything about every other teams finances ESPECIALLY Bohs, Did you not know the last 20 Years have just been a blip for Rovers they will now dominate for the next 100 years and any club that has the cheek to beat them to a trophy must be cheating
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    You're doing nothing of the sort. You're fighting rumours with petty slaggings, and it doesn't reflect well on yez.

your opinion. Though id like to know why rumours are a more acceptable weapon than petty slaggings?

Now, could you answer my question on BYTCWD's post?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    your opinion. Though id like to know why rumours are a more acceptable weapon than petty slaggings?
    Obviously it's my opinion. Although it was commented on by other fans in the "Rovers report Bohs" thread in November.

Rumours are common in this league; it's a small league, people hear things. If the mods deleted everything that didn't have an internet link, there'd be very little left. People are free to make their own minds up as to the validitity or otherwise of the rumours. Obvious trolling rumours are obviously deleted, but I don't see any. Petty slaggings are puerile, unnecessary and lead to flame wars.

There are a lot of questions that need answering at Bohs, and I've no problems with letting people try discuss them. If they're wrong, refute them. Reverting to "I know you are, but what am I?" isn't wanted here.

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu
    Now, could you answer my question on BYTCWD's post?
    Yep. I don't think it's necessary. I think people can make up their own minds as to whether this thread is rumour or fact from the posts and the sources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    But he is a Rovers fan so that automatically means he knows everything about every other teams finances ESPECIALLY Bohs, Did you not know the last 20 Years have just been a blip for Rovers they will now dominate for the next 100 years and any club that has the cheek to beat them to a trophy must be cheating
    The League of Ireland equivalent of the Thousand Year Reich?
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You're doing nothing of the sort. You're fighting rumours with petty slaggings, and it doesn't reflect well on yez.

Given you've just lost E1.9m last year - as it seems from the Daily Mail article - can you back up that comment? A lot of Bohs fans fall back on to it, and it sounds like it's empty rhetoric to be honest.
    I think the figures mentioned in the Mail refer to 2008, it just isn't worded very well. I would hope our 2009 losses weren't as high as that. I would be surprised if they were but you'd never know with Bohs. But if they were, in fairness, the 2009 contracts were handed out prior to five new directors being elected/co-opted to the board and five of the previous regime being voted out/resigning. There were cuts last year, and no new signing was on more than €1000 a week and the 2009 budget will be cut by 42%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,646 Posts
    Stu, how is his post not an "obvious trolling rumour"? Its based on nothing but his own imagination and yet we are expected to argue against it or prove it is not true?

Thats a ridiculous situation for us to be in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Stu, how is his post not an "obvious trolling rumour"? Its based on nothing but his own imagination and yet we are expected to argue against it or prove it is not true?

Thats a ridiculous situation for us to be in.
    pretty much the same as most of his posts on any thread, which seem to be almost exclusively about Bohs ! oh, I was forgetting his obvious concern about our club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    Hold up. We KNOW you included prizemoney for winning the 09 league in the 2009 budget and this was accepted by the FAI.

We KNOW that there was media reporting that you planned on doing the same for 2010.

I happen to be aware that the FAI are not allowing this practice for 2010 - for right or wrong.

Taking these factors above, it is safe to assume that your original budget plan due this week but delayed will have to be amended accordingly. I happen to believe that we are talking in the region of a €250,000 cut for 2010 when this adjustment is made. €5k a week, which is sore in anyones book.

Nothing that has been said by any Bohs fan so far counters that.
    Not when the issue has been explained (several times) to the contrary. Fact V your imagination, sorry assumtions, and hardly for the first time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
    I think the figures mentioned in the Mail refer to 2008, it just isn't worded very well.
    The article noted that the level of losses across the league were similar to 2008, and commented how remarkable that was given that we were now in a recession. You didn't lose E1.9m in 2008 either. They do seem to be for 2009.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the figures mentioned in the Mail refer to 2008, it just isn't worded very well
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Initial estimates, based on club management accounts submitted to the FAI, show that total losses for all clubs in the league are roughly €2.7m, the same figure as for 2008
    Looks like 2009 alright
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hold up. We KNOW you included prizemoney for winning the 09 league in the 2009 budget and this was accepted by the FAI.

We KNOW that there was media reporting that you planned on doing the same for 2010.
    But there's not, how do you not get that? No media has seen our projected budget, or anyones projected budget for that matter. Any report that has been written about Bohs says 'prize money' nowhere apart from your posts does it mention anything about prize money from winning the legaue, that prize money could be the prize money for finishing last for all you know. Stop putting spins on stories to suit yourself.

Have you dropped your ridicolus claim that we're budgeting for winning the 2 domestic trophies as well yet? Haven't heard you talk about that for a while...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I happen to be aware that the FAI are not allowing this practice for 2010 - for right or wrong.

Taking these factors above, it is safe to assume that your original budget plan due this week but delayed will have to be amended accordingly. I happen to believe that we are talking in the region of a €250,000 cut for 2010 when this adjustment is made. €5k a week, which is sore in anyones book.

Nothing that has been said by any Bohs fan so far counters that.
    So this means we are budgeting to win everything this season.

As SK STU points out the only way we can deny your idiotic rumours from la la land is by posting the actual budget on this site.

In fact, as you seem to know all the important figures why don't you just post a summary of the budget on this site for eveyone to exam,criticise etc. seeing as they are doing that anyway.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    There are a lot of questions that need answering at Bohs, and I've no problems with letting people try discuss them. If they're wrong, refute them.
    Would you not agree that it is futile to discuss the issue with posters whose argument is that if Bohs are found to have broken the SCP, they (the posters) were right all along, but if Bohs are found to be inside the SCP, that's because the FAI have decided not to do anything about it.

How do you advise Bohs fans to "refute" this argument?

As somebody has pointed out, the only way for Bohs fans to refute arguments is to publish the actual accounts on this site, which would be terrible practice. You're letting rumour after rumour build up and telling Bohs fans to refute them, when there is no way to do so except publish the accounts. And even then, some of the posters whose arguments are to be refuted have said they aren't willing to believe that Bohs got under 65% anyway.
    Last edited by osarusan; 13/01/2010 at 3:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    In fairness -

(a) If we were stop all such "insider" threads or comments, you'd close half of foot.ie. I've noted my comments on that already. I've posted more than my fair share of hearsay over the years, most of which has turned out to be fact, and so I'm not particulary inclined to stop others doing so simply because it's rumour.
    (b) A fair bit of what's been put out is being backed up by stuff in the media. The comments about Bohs looking to include prize money were in the media, I'm pretty sure (there was a thread here a couple of days ago). Ditto the stuff about Fenlon being owed bonuses, and then suddenly having a water tight contact; you can add two and two together and see what the difference is there. A lot of the stuff being mentioned is covered under that. You can check BYCTWD's list of infractions, and you'll find some for unsubstantiated allegations and trolling, so it's not like he's being given carte blanche.

I think Bohs fans shouldn't refute the points by "I know you are, but what am I?", which is what I picked mb up on, and which SkStu defended him doing, although that's technically not the question you asked. Getting into personal opinion, I don't think Bohs fans know that much about what's going on at Dalymount - which really doesn't help refutation - and I agree with a lot of the criticisms levelled at them (the prime example being that when their accounts were leaked last year, the issue worrying them on their forum wasn't how much they'd lost, but who leaked them). I agree that colours my moderation. However, that's why there's a report function, an ignore list, two other moderators and two supermods here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The article noted that the level of losses across the league were similar to 2008, and commented how remarkable that was given that we were now in a recession. You didn't lose E1.9m in 2008 either. They do seem to be for 2009.
    I'm not so sure about that. Our operating loss in 2008 was €1.9m. Obviously the money received from Danniger in 2008 brought the actual loss down to around €1m.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    ... based on club management accounts submitted to the FAI, show that total losses for all clubs in the league are roughly €2.7m, the same figure as for 2008, which is remarkable considering the depth of the recession last year.

Moreover, two Premier Division clubs, neither of whom are Cork City, were responsible for 90 per cent of those losses (one, a prominent Premier Division club, accounted for over 70 per cent of the losses alone).
    Referring to 'those' losses immediately after talking about 2008's figures would suggest he's talking about them and not the figures for 2009.

We are not budgeting to win the league this year.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 13/01/2010 at 9:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,646 Posts
    I think Bohs fans shouldn't refute the points by "I know you are, but what am I?", which is what I picked mb up on, and which SkStu defended him doing, although that's technically not the question you asked. Getting into personal opinion, I don't think Bohs fans know that much about what's going on at Dalymount - which really doesn't help refutation - and I agree with a lot of the criticisms levelled at them (the prime example being that when their accounts were leaked last year, the issue worrying them on their forum wasn't how much they'd lost, but who leaked them). I agree that colours my moderation. However, that's why there's a report function, an ignore list, two other moderators and two supermods here.
    Stu, FFS, there is a whole members forum on the Bohs messageboard where all this stuff is discussed. Just because we try to keep (most of) it out of the public forum, it doesnt mean that these questions arent being asked or the wrong type of questions are being asked. Its just being done away from lurking eyes.

Plenty of posters here do refute allegations based on what they know - some are members, some arent - but you choose to not believe what is being said or else the goalposts get changed. Its pretty much pointless engaging in any more debate here as it is a no-win situation for Bohs fans and as such descends into what you call Bohs fans petty point scoring. Look at every argument on this and other issues... they generally follow this format.

- poster makes accusation against Bohs
    - Bohs fan attempts to clarify (not always convincingly, granted)
    - Rovers fans and you tell us we dont know what we're talking about and that they heard this and that, all of which is true and we should be refuting
    - Bohs fans attempt to clarify
    - shouted down with cries of bullsh!t and more accusations based on rumours
    - argument descends into "pettiness".

Repeat.

Why should we bother?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    From my viewpoint, I'm seeing far more of 'Bohs fan engages in "I know you are, but what am I?"' than 'Bohs fans attempt to clarify'. And all I tend to point out is to give the former a rest and concentrate on the latter.

If BYCTWD annoys you so much, put him on your ignore list. Simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    From my viewpoint, I'm seeing far more of 'Bohs fan engages in "I know you are, but what am I?"' than 'Bohs fans attempt to clarify'. And all I tend to point out is to give the former a rest and concentrate on the latter.
    I've attempted to clarify yet again in the simplest of terms on the previous page.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    We are not budgeting to win the league this year.
    To clarify further, were you budgeting (or planning to budget) on winning the league and / or other domestic competitions until the FAI changed the rules on prize money in budgets (as I've been lead to believe they did)?

If the answer is yes, will that mean you have to revise your budget, and to what extent?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I've attempted to clarify yet again in the simplest of terms on the previous page.
    Every bohs fan on this has clearly stated winning the league will not be a part of the budget (never mind winning everything). BYW... is one thing, but when a moderator refuse to accept this point where do you go from there.

It should be pointed out that Bohs have yet to present their budget to FAI so we cannot link this fact to any story on the web except to say it was clearly stated by the new board at member meetings (in the middle of last season before the FAI said anything) that we would not be doing this.

(Waits for BW..... to ridicule bohs fans,members,board etc.)
    Last edited by wexfordned; 13/01/2010 at 4:44 PM.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast