Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs SCP discussion

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The difference is €42k nased on last year's figures. Not a massive amount in fairness.

Premier Division

1. €280,000
    2. €130,000
    3. €82,000
    4. €60,000
    5. €50,000
    6. €47,000
    7. €45,000
    8. €42,000
    9. €41,000
    10. €40,000
    From Irish Times
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I'd rather Bohs cheat their way to one hundred league titles than ever see Shams win it.

Just a point....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    I'd rather Bohs cheat their way to one hundred league titles than ever see Shams win it.

Just a point....
    Some quality FF thinking there....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    But only last week the Bozo brigade were calling us liars for saying that this was going to be a problem with their budget process....

Does anyone know what the third placed prizemoney is? That minus 40k is the minimum hole Bohs have to plug. Could be a couple of hundred grand. Whoops.

Thats not really the point. Its bad practice and they are the only club trying to engage in it. Also Bohs outbid other clubs for players based on that projection. All people want is a level playing field, which to be fair to the FAI they appear to be imposing in this case.

Whoops its not as big a deal as you hoped now is it? And now because its only €42K its suddenly not the point anymore? Is that it? Superb stuff

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    One could argue that all league clubs being bailed out by their local councils in terms of facilities would be a level playing field.No.One thing is for certain there is no one at Bohs worried about Rovers on or off the field.Doesnt seem to be the same at rovers though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Just to go off-topic for a moment,

Premier Division

1. €280,000
    2. €130,000
    3. €82,000
    4. €60,000
    5. €50,000
    6. €47,000
    7. €45,000
    8. €42,000
    9. €41,000
    10. €40,000

We finished 7th last season but with the whole Derry situation we ended up in 6th, Does anyone know if we get the extra 2k??
    Here on a technicality.

EnglishSource
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    Whoops its not as big a deal as you hoped now is it? And now because its only €42K its suddenly not the point anymore?
    I don't swallow the spin in that article. The sum involved has to be more than that, doubt the FAI would be splitting hairs over a difference of less than a grand a week in projected income, especially when this income would make little difference to cash flow over the course of the season, as it's only paid out when the season is finished.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Not at all - the opposite in fact. Yes, its less than I assumed because they went for first last year and third this year, but the principal remains. €45k in this instance is still a player they will have to do without.

But the real issue here is that this proved that Rovers fans DO actually know more about whats going on in D7 than the black and tans on here.... Look at the zeal in which they denied that prizemoney was being budgeted for earlier in the week! It was, as we were told, all lies and Gerry told them that they weren't doing it at a meeting. Plus the embargo is still in place.

All is not well in the Pigsboro camp and this is a significant blow for them ahead of the inquest into last years shenanigans. It would appear the FAI have grown balls and that is not good for as shoddily run an outfit as Biggles FC.
    Black and Tans, Pigsboro, Biggles FC...is this a new language?

I personally dont see how this is a signigicant blow to anyone. So they go back with a budget less 42K over the year? Or they come up with a projected 42K income stream from somewhere else? I know you really want it to be a huge body blow and you really wanted it to be a much bigger hole and you really really want Bohs relegated and want the transfer embargo to be kept in force but lets be honest here - none of that is going to happen now is it?

As for the FAI growing balls. I would tend to believe its the FAI saying to Bohs something like - listen lads we really have to knock you back to be seen to be the hard man here. I dont think we could get away with letting you budget for a 3rd place finish (quite reasonable IMO) as your friends in Tallaght will have a right moan and call us out in the press again so off with you now and pop back with that taken out of the budget. Once you do that lads, we will sign off the accounts and you are free to sign who you like. Is that fair lads? Ok Mr Delaney - see you next week so.

I think you are wishing way to hard and it is maybe clouding your judgement just a tad on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If you consider the 40 baseline prizemoney as a TV money share or as a refund of your entry fees then the real prizemoney table looks like this

1. €240,000
    2. €130,000
    3. €42,000
    4. €20,000
    5. €10,000
    6. €7,000
    7. €5,000
    8. €2,000
    9. €1,000
    10. €0,000

which is crazy as it actively encourages clubs to gamble! This should be reformed ASAP with more money going into the first division.

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Well I hate to say I told you so, but I bleedin' did!!
    Was away on business so missed all the fun ! Imagine my shock/horror when I returned to see the above surely this must mean -

• Bohs have been stripped of the title and relegated (as predicted)? NOPE.
    • Bohs included prize money for all throphies in 2010 budget (as predicted) ? NAH
    • Will not be allowed in Champs Lge? NOPE AGAIN
    • Points deduction for 2010 season 9as predicted) ?. FRAID NOT
    • Messrs Cretaro and Gray will have to be released and join a small club in Tallaght they already rejected ? NOT A CHANCE
    • Barry Murphy will have to return to club he already rejected ? NOPE
    • Nutsey (and Bohs defence) off to Dundee (as predicted) ? DONT BE SILLY
    • FAI ask Bohs to revisit budget because they are "near" 65% (shock, horror - FAI change own rules ) to provide "buffer" (whatever that is) ? Yep, thats about it.

Oh, what a joy it must be for our sham friends, and what great consolation it will be over a long season watching Bohs wrap up the three-in-a-row title (pretty much guaranteed now you predicted midtable mediocrity)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Was away on business so missed all the fun ! Imagine my shock/horror when I returned to see the above surely this must mean -

• Bohs have been stripped of the title and relegated (as predicted)? NOPE.
    • Bohs included prize money for all throphies in 2010 budget (as predicted) ? NAH
    • Will not be allowed in Champs Lge? NOPE AGAIN
    • Points deduction for 2010 season 9as predicted) ?. FRAID NOT
    • Messrs Cretaro and Gray will have to be released and join a small club in Tallaght they already rejected ? NOT A CHANCE
    • Barry Murphy will have to return to club he already rejected ? NOPE
    • Nutsey (and Bohs defence) off to Dundee (as predicted) ? DONT BE SILLY
    • FAI ask Bohs to revisit budget because they are "near" 65% (shock, horror - FAI change own rules ) to provide "buffer" (whatever that is) ? Yep, thats about it.
    Oh, what a joy it must be for our sham friends, and what great consolation it will be over a long season watching Bohs wrap up the three-in-a-row title (pretty much guaranteed now you predicted midtable mediocrity)

Fair play i actually didnt think anyone was going to manage to muster the energy to reply to him this time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    So Bohs fans aren't worried at all about having their well planned out budget rejected by the FAI? Months after being hit with a transfer embargo for being in a precarious financial position? Weeks after having to stump up a figure thought to be around 90k to Fenlon in unpaid bonuses that they'd put off for over a year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    I think what is telling here is the pattern. The complete inability of those running Biggles FC to do anything at any level correctly. Across the board.
    what is telling here is your complete inability to make an accurate prediction (despite sounding like you know what youre talking about) or the inability of your sources to stop exaggerating. It makes you look a fool.
    Last edited by SkStu; 22/01/2010 at 2:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    [/LIST]
    I never suggested that. I said you will probably start 2010 with a points deduction.[/LIST]
    Semantics. You budgeted for them in 09 and tried a similar think for 10 and were told to sling your hook. Bozos on here said that they were told at a fans meeting that you wouldn't be budgeting for prize money at all. So you were lied to....[/LIST]
    Never said on here.[/LIST]
    ...yet[/LIST]
    Who said that? But you are paying unregisted players and no sign of a lifting of the embargo, so there might be fun and games there.

[/LIST]
    Again, who said that?[/LIST]
    Fancy a wager? If he is the next DU manager you donate €20 to the Red Cross for Haiti, if not I will. One of the mods can referee if needed.[/LIST]
    Says who? Comical Gerry who told you prize money wouldn't be included? That you could sign 7 more players the week before the embargo was put in place? That said that the Albion court case was open and shut?

All the predictions so far we have made that have timelines that have past have been bang on. Last years licence still has to be reviewed. So hold off being a smartarse till we see what comes from that....
    Whoops, hit a raw nerve or what ? no Bohs contributor here said we did not include money for third place, as we were told this at the EGM ( fact is, despite your obvious obsession, what is said at Bohs EGM is none of your business).
    Contributors on here refuted your WRONG (yet again) claim that we had budgeted for winning (A) all domestic throphies or (B) winning the League in 2010. We were right you were wrong - get over it.
    As you are obviously slow at reading I will repeat again - budgeting for prize money was allowed in 2009, no secret, no rule breaking, no problem.

take you up on the Nutsey bet as would be glad to see 20 euro go to a good cause (wont include it in any budget though ) but IF he does it will be because Dundee pay up what Bohs will settle for, nothing else.

By way of clarity the points where I put (as predicted) are the ones you got wrong so far, other points are extensions of same (at least you have given up the "you have signed nobody" line). Also very glad to see the points deduction is now a "probably" not as certain as you were or just covering your eventual embarrassment ?
    It appears clear that all you have to offer is a a selection of childish abusive names (bozos ? really) and silly scattergun claims that dont stack up.
    I Would hate to reach the stage where I was more concerned with wishing ill on another club than supporting my own. Sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    So Bohs fans aren't worried at all about having their well planned out budget rejected by the FAI? Months after being hit with a transfer embargo for being in a precarious financial position? Weeks after having to stump up a figure thought to be around 90k to Fenlon in unpaid bonuses that they'd put off for over a year?
    yep, well spotted. We owed a bonus for winning the League last november "over a year ago" oh, and the figure you quote is not even close either. other than that your post is spot on.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 24/01/2010 at 1:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    Weeks after having to stump up a figure thought to be around 90k to Fenlon in unpaid bonuses that they'd put off for over a year?
    half that 90k and youre still not close.

over a year? Since when has 3 months been over a year?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I predict that this season is bohs last spin on the roulette wheel.I dont see attendances at Dalymount improving on last year or NAMA sorting out o carrols mess anytime soon,they will struggle to pay players sooner rather than later cos you cant run a full time pro football club with 1500 fans end of.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    NAMA and Carroll are so last year . But then again Rovers fans living in the past is nothing new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    you cant run a full time pro football club with 1500 fans end of.
    Don't speak too soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    half that 90k and youre still not close.

over a year? Since when has 3 months been over a year?
    It was fairly common knowledge that there were still outstanding bonus payments from the first title win.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    It was fairly common knowledge that there were still outstanding bonus payments from the first title win.

That was in 1924, the Hoops rumour machine/psyops dept is bang up to date again.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast