Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs SCP discussion

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
    I've attempted to clarify yet again in the simplest of terms on the previous page.
    And you'll notice I didn't ask you to stop trying to go off topic.

(Although, FWIW, I don't agree with your grammatical analysis. I think it is 2009 figures that're being talked about)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    Now why did it take 285 posts for this vital piece of information from your POV to come to light....
    Because it's none of Shamrock's or any other clubs business what is discussed at these meetings.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    To clarify further, were you budgeting (or planning to budget) on winning the league and / or other domestic competitions until the FAI changed the rules on prize money in budgets (as I've been lead to believe they did)?

If the answer is yes, will that mean you have to revise your budget, and to what extent?
    NO. As Luke says on the previous page, 45% cut and no trophies has been the aim for months now and its been hinted at plenty of times without figures being mentioned.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Because it's none of Shamrock's or any other clubs business what is discussed at these meetings.
    Dont know if thats true in reality, previos leakings of Bohs accounts and subsequent analysis of those accounts by not just Rovers fans but journalists have made everthing about the running of that clubs affairs a public intrest story .Bohs asking for a postponment of mondays meeting in the wake of an 11th hour six figure payment to Fenlon also fuels speculation.It does get a bit tabloid at times but its news all the same and when Bohs are awarded the licence and get a clean bill of health it will no longer be anything to speculate about,but till then it will go on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Theres just no tabloid or Rovers forum story in "Bohs aim to break even shocker".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Dont know if thats true in reality, previos leakings of Bohs accounts and subsequent analysis of those accounts by not just Rovers fans but journalists have made everthing about the running of that clubs affairs a public intrest story .Bohs asking for a postponment of mondays meeting in the wake of an 11th hour six figure payment to Fenlon also fuels speculation.It does get a bit tabloid at times but its news all the same and when Bohs are awarded the licence and get a clean bill of health it will no longer be anything to speculate about,but till then it will go on.
    no RH, the problem is it will be speculated on even if we do get a license. Thats where my issue lies. I dont think any club gets a clean bill of health in this league. But even if we do get a license we will be expected to answer questions here from the usual suspects.

And it wasnt a six figure sum to Fenlon. The amount we paid is in the public domain, i suggest you go and find it and educate yourself properly if youre so interested in Bohs finances.

But im sure you lot will just carry on with your half-truths, rumous and innuendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    (Although, FWIW, I don't agree with your grammatical analysis. I think it is 2009 figures that're being talked about)
    Maybe that's why you're an accountant.

I would also be surprised if journalists had access to such detailed breakdowns of clubs' 2009 accounts at this early stage seeing as they were only submitted to the FAI on Nov 30? I could be wrong though.

To clarify further, were you budgeting (or planning to budget) on winning the league and / or other domestic competitions until the FAI changed the rules on prize money in budgets (as I've been lead to believe they did)?

If the answer is yes, will that mean you have to revise your budget, and to what extent?
    Well the answer is no, so no.

EnglishSource
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think he may be right. The follow up sentence about clubs going in on a healthier position this year, suggests that those figues are from the previous year.

Plus, theres no way even the FAI would expect anyone to swallow that boez could be under the SCP while still losing 2 million quid.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    no RH, the problem is it will be speculated on even if we do get a license. Thats where my issue lies. I dont think any club gets a clean bill of health in this league. But even if we do get a license we will be expected to answer questions here from the usual suspects.

And it wasnt a six figure sum to Fenlon. The amount we paid is in the public domain, i suggest you go and find it and educate yourself properly if youre so interested in Bohs finances.

But im sure you lot will just carry on with your half-truths, rumous and innuendo.
    Very much intrested in Bohs accounts and still curious at your request to postpone the meeting in light of Pats payoff regardless of the figure. would not be a massive shock to bohs fans if you had lost 1.89mill last season and Luko over playes the new board members ,Gerrys crew still run the show at Dalymount just ask any of the posters on Bohs private forum .

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Would you not agree that it is futile to discuss the issue with posters whose argument is that if Bohs are found to have broken the SCP, they (the posters) were right all along, but if Bohs are found to be inside the SCP, that's because the FAI have decided not to do anything about it.
    This allegation has been posted several times, but I am unaware of any posters who have actually said what you claim. Can you clarify?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    This allegation has been posted several times, but I am unaware of any posters who have actually said what you claim. Can you clarify?
    He wasn't making an allegation.. All he was saying was that IF Bohs have being doing something dodgy, people on here well be going on about how they were right all along. But if Bohs get their license without a hitch, those same people will claim it's only because the FAI didn't punish them for something or other...

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    He wasn't making an allegation.. All he was saying was that IF Bohs have being doing something dodgy, people on here well be going on about how they were right all along. But if Bohs get their license without a hitch, those same people will claim it's only because the FAI didn't punish them for something or other...
    Ok - maybe it was more of a prediction then allegation!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    In my opinion i think the reason the FAI postponed the meeting with bohs until next week is beacuse they fully intend to fail bohs attempts to get past the 65% issue and thus they will issue sanctions against bohs that could range from points deduction at the beginning of the season to relegation to the discover ireland league. They are quite happy to let bohs hang themselves with their own perceived inadequecies.

thats a completly uninformed opinion by the way and is not an allegation against bohs . its just a hunch.

The clean up of this league began with derry, is about to sweep up cork and is all set to snare the current league champions.
    Again , just a hunch and my own personal opinion.

cannot wait for the football season to start. sick of all the talking.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Bohs requested the postponement but carry on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    and it was accepted for the reasons stated in the thread above. maybe
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well my theory is that Bohs are in fact the FAI and that all the other teams are in fact the GAA. I would surmise that the FAI (Bohs) bought Dalymount Park back in 1832 for the princely sum of 2d and 4 and rented it back to Bohs (the FAI) on a long term lease of a bag of potatoes once Bohs (the FAI) moved out of Croke Park to let Shamrock Rovers (the GAA) move in for the price of an apartment in Milltown. Ever since then Bohs (the FAI) have been representing Ireland on the international front cleverly half disguised as Glasgow Celtic (the only true Irish football team) and the other half Shamrock Rovers (the GAA) in order to appease the Catholic Church.

This has quietly been forgotten while such disintegration as the Spain in Paris question, the dodgy free kick to Belgium in 198..., Paul Marney affair, Shelsgate, Saipan, the French question and the death of Michael Jackson have taken place and is now only coming to a head because somebody forgot to send Sean Connor's red pantaloons to Dundalk before he took up the position of God at Oriel Park.

It is quite obvious to me and others here apparently that Bohs (the FAI) are cheating because they proved that by winning the league for the last two years along with the FAI Cup and in fact the nail in the coffin was when they (Bohs) won the Derry City Cup down in Waterford against the wishes of Waterford and the general population of the GAA while the FAI and Bohs were in cahoots to move the match there for a bag of beans which in fact did turn out to be a substantial lottery win.

THAT my friends is why Bohs should be relegated and the running of the League of Ireland should be left to the Scientologists and the GAA.

Duh.
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThompson View Post
    Well my theory is that Bohs are in fact the FAI and that all the other teams are in fact the GAA. I would surmise that the FAI (Bohs) bought Dalymount Park back in 1832 for the princely sum of 2d and 4 and rented it back to Bohs (the FAI) on a long term lease of a bag of potatoes once Bohs (the FAI) moved out of Croke Park to let Shamrock Rovers (the GAA) move in for the price of an apartment in Milltown. Ever since then Bohs (the FAI) have been representing Ireland on the international front cleverly half disguised as Glasgow Celtic (the only true Irish football team) and the other half Shamrock Rovers (the GAA) in order to appease the Catholic Church.

This has quietly been forgotten while such disintegration as the Spain in Paris question, the dodgy free kick to Belgium in 198..., Paul Marney affair, Shelsgate, Saipan, the French question and the death of Michael Jackson have taken place and is now only coming to a head because somebody forgot to send Sean Connor's red pantaloons to Dundalk before he took up the position of God at Oriel Park.

It is quite obvious to me and others here apparently that Bohs (the FAI) are cheating because they proved that by winning the league for the last two years along with the FAI Cup and in fact the nail in the coffin was when they (Bohs) won the Derry City Cup down in Waterford against the wishes of Waterford and the general population of the GAA while the FAI and Bohs were in cahoots to move the match there for a bag of beans which in fact did turn out to be a substantial lottery win.

THAT my friends is why Bohs should be relegated and the running of the League of Ireland should be left to the Scientologists and the GAA.

Duh.
    i havent read anymore of that post yep but post made me lol big time haha

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
    would also be surprised if journalists had access to such detailed breakdowns of clubs' 2009 accounts at this early stage seeing as they were only submitted to the FAI on Nov 30? I could be wrong though.
    They could have just asked. It'd explain why there's no figures for Cork*. It also doesn't make sense to be so secretive about 2008's figures when they're publicly available for many clubs.

* - Which actually makes me realise the article is possibly Delaney trying to show he's arrested the losses in the league cos 2009 is the same as 2008, but that's 2009 less Cork City is the same as 2008.**

** - And obviously that's out the window if it is 2008 being talked about.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    i havent read anymore of that post yep but post made me lol big time haha
    Read the rest of it - it gets even better.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast