Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs SCP discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de bowez View Post
    As far as I know the council and Tesco are heavily involved as far as funding goes.

While Albion definitely hold all the cards they do need the land, it made sense for all concerned to drop the legal case and renegotiate. I would guess any deal will be worth around 50% less than the Carroll one. A new stadium and clearing the debts would be a good outcome. Obviously it would also be easier for Albion to build us a stadium than give us cash with the way things are at the moment.
    But why would Albion agree to that? Why wouldn't their new position be to (for example) offer to clear your debts, and not build the stadium. Bohemians would surely still have to bite their hand off, so what do Albion gain by offering a new stadium?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    But why would Albion agree to that? Why wouldn't their new position be to (for example) offer to clear your debts, and not build the stadium. Bohemians would surely still have to bite their hand off, so what do Albion gain by offering a new stadium?
    Because it ends a legal challenge, because they make far more out of it, 1st option is good for them, due to the rezoning someone else would come in with a better offer if they only offered peanuts.

Obviously best case scenario is still that Carroll wins every euromillions draw for the next year and we pay Albion 10m but I still havent seen anything to make me not trust the new board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    All the arguments here are predicated on Albion as the only party interested in Dalymount - made by the same people who told us for months NOBODY would buy Dalymount !
    As I outlined at present we have a deal with Danninger and as such require no other interested party.
    In the possible event that Danninger seek to exit the deal we have a back up option (surely good business sense for once) - Albion - wishing to open discussions, this does not rule out a third or more parties showing an interest (that is as yet unclear). wishful thinking by opposition fans does not a business plan make.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I think the wishful thinking is being done by the Bohemians fans if you're even considering the possibility of Danninger fulfilling the deal, let alone talk of sparking a bidding war.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I think the wishful thinking is being done by the Bohemians fans if you're even considering the possibility of Danninger fulfilling the deal, let alone talk of sparking a bidding war.
    No, of course not. Nobody is interested in buying Dalymount and we do not have a contract with Danninger. Really, it was all a dream....

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    That's not what he said. He was talking about Danninger - a bankrupt company - fulfilling the contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    That's not what he said. He was talking about Danninger - a bankrupt company - fulfilling the contract.
    I am not aware that Danninger have withdrawn from the contract ??????? perhaps you know more about that. In the event that it does occur the club have at least one back up option even at this early stage, not sure what the problem is - but keep pointing out possible worst scenario if thats all you are interested in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I am not aware that Danninger have withdrawn from the contract ??????? perhaps you know more about that.
    I know other fans, especially Rovers fans, get lambasted by bohs fans for supposing to know more than Bohemians own fans when it comes to affairs at that club, or appearing to pontificate, but seriously how can you expect people not to seriously question what planet you're living on, even if Bohs fans dont want to, when you're talking about Danninger going through with that deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs
    I am not aware that Danninger have withdrawn from the contract ???????
    Again, who said they'd withdrawn from the contract?

Stop making things up and reply to the points made if you're going to reply at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I know other fans, especially Rovers fans, get lambasted by bohs fans for supposing to know more than Bohemians own fans when it comes to affairs at that club, or appearing to pontificate, but seriously how can you expect people not to seriously question what planet you're living on, even if Bohs fans dont want to, when you're talking about Danninger going through with that deal.
    Nobody said Danninger would complete the deal (as somebody said "stop making things up"). I said Bohs had a legal contract with Danninger - this is a fact.
    In the event that, at some point, Danninger do not wish or are unable to fulfill the contract then Bohs could seek compensation or renegotiate the deal with Danninger OR agree a release from the contract and seek interested parties elsewhere (one such party has already indicated an interest - Albion).
    As stated earlier NAMA does have a provision to complete contracts so the position RE Danninger is unclear. Feel free to speculate but do try and bring some balance to the discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    In the event that, at some point, Danninger do not wish or are unable to fulfill the contract then Bohs could seek compensation or renegotiate the deal with Danninger
    Sorry - you reckon (a) you could get compensation or renegotiate with Danninger in the event that they are unable to fulfill the contract (because they're bankrupt)? Good luck with that.

(b) Danninger are surely the ones entitled to compensation from you for wasting their time selling them something that wasn't yours to sell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    [QUOTE=BYCTWD;
    Best case, Danninger withdraw formally and Albion step in. You cover your current debts and possibly a bit more and have a few years to try and find a new stadium and pray to Queen Victoria that DIT move into Grangegorman and yourself and Shels groundshare.[/QUOTE]

.........And I am making things up !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    [QUOTE=pineapple stu;1300125]that.

(b) Danninger are surely the ones entitled to compensation from you for wasting their time selling them something that wasn't yours to sell?[/QUOTE]

basis for that please, or are we in "make it up land" again ?
    Last edited by marinobohs; 05/01/2010 at 11:56 AM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Because Bohs made a deal with them when they already had agreed to sell part of the land to Albion?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    And it's a question. I obviously can't provide a source for a question, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask the question.

But it seems logical, based on Mr A's observation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Because Bohs made a deal with them when they already had agreed to sell part of the land to Albion?
    I understand that there is no question of Bohs breaching any part of the contract with Danninger, the recent arrangement with Albion ensures that such a possibility will not aise (that was the reason for the arrangement). Whatever possibilities about Danninger not completing the contract (and we are all aware of them) suggesting Bohs are in beach contract is without any basis in fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I understand that there is no question of Bohs breaching any part of the contract with Danninger, the recent arrangement with Albion ensures that such a possibility will not aise (that was the reason for the arrangement). Whatever possibilities about Danninger not completing the contract (and we are all aware of them) suggesting Bohs are in beach contract is without any basis in fact.
    Ehhh have you forgotten the High Court judgement that Bohs lost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    In fairness, what he's saying is that by sorting out the problem with Albion (which caused the High Court ruling), they'll then be free to carry out the contract with Danninger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    .... and if they can't carry out the contract with Danninger, Albion will offer the same terms......
    Absolutely, but at least that isn't hindered by the High Court ruling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    Technically, of course not.

But the reality is the future of their club is in the hands of people who had to go to the High Court to get Bohs to even admit they had a deal in place, of which they had drawn down money unknown to members.

My point is that they are unlikely to do Bohs any favours. Put another way, how good do you think relations are between Albion and the two Gerry's?

Bohs are not the club that spend their time looking for "favours" . Albion, Danninger or whoever will do a deal with Bohs because they believe they can make money on it, simple as that.
    1. There is currently NO legal action involving Bohs and Albion OR Danninger
    2. The options on the future sale are as outlined.
    3. The future of the club is in the hands of the members of Bohemian FC,
    If you prefer to believe we will be ground sharing in Grangegorman with Shels then fine, but don't pretend this wild speculation is based on anything apart from your view on the club involved (unless you can produce facts to substansiate it) .
    Last edited by marinobohs; 05/01/2010 at 12:56 PM.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast