Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Paris in the Spring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Paris in the Spring

Hi all.

Heading to Paris in the spring (March) with a the missus...

Anyone know of any good (and when I say good I mean cheap) hotels/hostels.

I'm looking for something with a fairly central location.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Ibis Montmartre is where I stayed a few weeks ago, decent price and handy area. Any Accor hotel should be decent and they have options from the very basic to 4 star, website is here: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/ireland/index.shtml

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Ibis Montmartre is where I stayed a few weeks ago, decent price and handy area. Any Accor hotel should be decent and they have options from the very basic to 4 star, website is here: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/ireland/index.shtml
    Thanks for that Passing... I'll have a look and see what they're about.

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I can recomend somewhere not to stay
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
    it's a dump, great location but it's very crap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Did you stay there Enda? It looks like it's got character....

Thanks for the warning.

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I hate you. Am so jealous. My favourite place to stay in Paris is here I see they are running a special summer rate of €75 for the room per night but I think it will be cheaper when you are going.

Its so central its brill. Its small but clean and friendly. If you are arriving in France via Beauvais this is the best place to stay as you get off the bus from Beauvais and walk across the road and you are at the hotel. Literally about 3 mins walk which is great when you are carrying bags (although if you have flown Ryanair this may not be an issue). It is round the corner from a lovely Irish pub called the James Joyce and is the street it is on runs parallel to the Champs Elysees and is close to the L'Arc de Triomphe. There are some lovely parks around the area too for picnic lunches and further down Rue de Terne is a little bakery that does the nicest almond topped Pain au Chocolate in the world.

If you are travelling by eurostar there is a bus that goes directly from Gare de Nord to the hotel and there is also a Metro station just outside the hotel.

I have also stayed in another hotel on that street but it wasnt as nice and was a little dearer so this is the one that I would recommend. Its usually between 70-90 euro per night, which for the centre of Paris is amazing really and all the best shops are on the Champs Elysees so your missus will be happy. The best shop in the world is there too, Sephora, it is a girls dream, every cosmetic, body wash and perfume under the sun.

Dam I want to go now!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Rovers View Post
    Did you stay there Enda? It looks like it's got character....

Thanks for the warning.
    Yes

Character, hmmm.... a tiny bath, shower hanging off the wall and barely enough tepid water for 2 midgets to get wet in, constant noise because it's used by tour groups, think of 30 English 16 year old boys and imagine the sound levels.......

I booked it through a Eurostar deal, 2 nights, to be fair we were only there to sleep and wash, it was the birds first tme so we were on the go all the time seeing the sights and it's in a great location but if it's romance you're after stay WELL clear
    Last edited by endabob1; 29/12/2009 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    I hate you. Am so jealous. My favourite place to stay in Paris is here I see they are running a special summer rate of €75 for the room per night but I think it will be cheaper when you are going.

Its so central its brill. Its small but clean and friendly. If you are arriving in France via Beauvais this is the best place to stay as you get off the bus from Beauvais and walk across the road and you are at the hotel. Literally about 3 mins walk which is great when you are carrying bags (although if you have flown Ryanair this may not be an issue). It is round the corner from a lovely Irish pub called the James Joyce and is the street it is on runs parallel to the Champs Elysees and is close to the L'Arc de Triomphe. There are some lovely parks around the area too for picnic lunches and further down Rue de Terne is a little bakery that does the nicest almond topped Pain au Chocolate in the world.

If you are travelling by eurostar there is a bus that goes directly from Gare de Nord to the hotel and there is also a Metro station just outside the hotel.

I have also stayed in another hotel on that street but it wasnt as nice and was a little dearer so this is the one that I would recommend. Its usually between 70-90 euro per night, which for the centre of Paris is amazing really and all the best shops are on the Champs Elysees so your missus will be happy. The best shop in the world is there too, Sephora, it is a girls dream, every cosmetic, body wash and perfume under the sun.

Dam I want to go now!!!!!
    Thanks for this Magicme, I've sent them an e-mail to see what the rates will be like in March. It sounds great.

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    I've used Venere to good effect several times to find accommodation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    The rooms are quite small but they are clean and all you really want is somewhere to sleep (and do other things) and have a shower so it is perfect for that and within walking distance of the Louvre & Eiffel Tower etc. Am now looking at properties in the south of France again coz you have given me the buzz. I am considering moving to France for the Summer to try it out before I try to convince my sons that is where we should live.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Rovers View Post
    Hi all.

Heading to Paris in the spring (March) with a the missus...

Anyone know of any good (and when I say good I mean cheap) hotels/hostels.

I'm looking for something with a fairly central location.
    www.hotel-collegedefrance.com

stayed there last year and for the play off game. great location in the Latin Quarter. Notre Dame about 10 mins walk. Train stop on the RER B route from CDG then about 10 mins walk ie no changing trains.

Nice spot about 100euro a night - cant comment on the breakfasts as never up in time Pretty good rating in Trip advisor