Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sporting Fingal sponsorship deal provokes council row

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    And I don't know where you're getting 'conspiracy theory' idea from. Gannon has signed all of his own properties into his wifes name and he has ran out of money to run the K club and has left the bills with Smurfit. If he has no money for the upkeep of the K Club (a massive personal investment of his own) where the hell is he getting the money to fund a football club that is ultimately FCC's baby? There is serious risk of this club going bang this year due to their depedency on the flow of Gannon's or whoevers money.

Yes but what about all those huge landbanks in County Fingal that GG is sitting on, awaiting rezoning and planning permission? Though granted, with the recession they're not much help to him at the moment.
    A transient, horrible, fantastic dream,
    Wherein is nothing yet all things do seem:
    From which we're wakened by a friendly nudge
    Of our bedfellow Death, and cry: "O fudge!"

Ambrose Bierce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    Its still a non story. Its the same old anti-Sporting Fingal heads scrapping the barrel to have a pop and trying to make something out of nothing .
    Its good to see the begrudgery still in play with some fans of the other clubs.
    At this rate, it looks like Sporting Fingal will dominate the boards next season as you would rather talk about us than talk about your own little clubs. Nothing much to talk about at home so you think of something trivial or something un-original to post .
    Lads/Ladies, at least wait until a proper juicey story pops up and the fai gets involved before exaggerating what was said in a council meeting .
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Is it wrong for others to want to be assured of a level playing field?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Its still a non story. Its the same old anti-Sporting Fingal heads scrapping the barrel to have a pop and trying to make something out of nothing .
    At this rate, it looks like Sporting Fingal will dominate the boards next season as you would rather talk about us than talk about your own little clubs. Nothing much to talk about at home so you think of something trivial or something un-original to post .
    Lads/Ladies, at least wait until a proper juicey story pops up and the fai gets involved before exaggerating what was said in a council meeting .
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Lep - we're all allowed talk about each others' clubs. You in particular have been told this a number of times. If nothing happens, nothing happens. However, it's clearly a story relating to a LoI side. If you don't want to talk about it, fine, but don't clog up the thread with crap about begrudgery and the like. Others may want to talk about the article maturely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Of course stu but its a non story that is being made into more than what it is through assumptions and accussations and petty jelousy at our sponsorship.
    One post doesnt clog up a thread stu.
    Mr Parker
    is it wrong for others to want to be assured of a level playing field?

What do you want for all the clubs to have the same amount of sponsorship ? What Sporting gets through sponsorship has no bearing on other clubs and its up to them to get the best sponsorship possible for themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Of course stu but its a non story that is being made into more than what it is through assumptions and accussations and petty jelousy at our sponsorship.
    Mr Parker
    is it wrong for others to want to be assured of a level playing field?

What do you want for all the clubs to have the same amount of sponsorship ? What Sporting gets through sponsorship has no bearing on other clubs and its up to them to get the best sponsorship possible for themselves.
    You don't get it though. Why would Fingal attract such high levels of sponsorship? It's not like they have the attractiveness of Shams or Bohs as you won't be on TV that much, have no fanbase, etc. etc. Such sponsorship seems to be the equivalent of a "political donation" to Fingal Co. Co. by Gannon and his cronies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Most of your posts in this thread have been on the same line. Give it a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    At this rate, it looks like Sporting Fingal will dominate the boards next season as you would rather talk about us than talk about your own little clubs. Nothing much to talk about at home so you think of something trivial or something un-original to post
    Dominate the boards? Little clubs?
    Keep that up, it'll make it all the funnier when you do a Dublin City.

The story is interesting, but you clearly need to look a bit further than your own 'home' for a bit of news if you think this incident would even cause a decent sized ripple in the cesspool that is the LoI.

I'm a Cork City fan, come back and try to impress us when you have the revenue commisioners chasing you, Malta declaring war on you, a Holy Trinity to match Coughlan-Collins-Drew and the captain of your club begging for busfare on the radio.
    You're in the ha'penny place at the moment, amateurs!
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Most of your posts in this thread have been on the same line. Give it a break.
    Give it a break?
    It a discussion board and ive a right to put my point across when its my club thats been mentioned. It works both ways stu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Absolutely you do. Maybe you should start doing it rather than slagging everyone who disagrees with you, calling them jealous little club fans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Smile

Sporting Fingal will dominate the boards next season as you would rather talk about us than talk about your own little clubs
    Thanks, I really needed a laugh there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    Dominate the boards? Little clubs?
    Keep that up, it'll make it all the funnier when you do a Dublin City.

The story is interesting, but you clearly need to look a bit further than your own 'home' for a bit of news if you think this incident would even cause a decent sized ripple in the cesspool that is the LoI.

I'm a Cork City fan, come back and try to impress us when you have the revenue commisioners chasing you, Malta declaring war on you, a Holy Trinity to match Coughlan-Collins-Drew and the captain of your club begging for busfare on the radio.
    You're in the ha'penny place at the moment, amateurs!
    Thats a tough act to follow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Absolutely you do. Maybe you should start doing it rather than slagging everyone who disagrees with you, calling them jealous little club fans?
    As i said, that works both ways and i didnt call anyone " Jealous little club fans" as you put it. I used the word Jealous in one post, little clubs in another and i didnt say fans anywhere.
    Dont be taking things out of context Stu.

You could have PM'd me that instead of clogging the thread with non topic related banter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    As i said, that works both ways and i didnt call anyone " Jealous little club fans" as you put it. I used the word Jealous in one post, little clubs in another and i didnt say fans anywhere.
    Dont be taking things out of context Stu.

You could have PM'd me that instead of clogging the thread with non topic related banter.
    You're an embarrassment to the other Fingal fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    If memory serves me right we had this response from drogs ,cork, derry and most other clubs at the beginning of there downfall .but your right lep lets wait for the fai to get involved before we assume there is a problem.. ya right
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In my own fin svcs related job, everyone is required under legislation to do an anti-money laundering / bribery / business ethics CBT training course and exam every year. I cant find the exact reference on the web, but this course mentions how paying over the odds for something can be a form of bribery or curruption. E.g. some company looking to do business in some dodgy african state might pay the presidents cousins firm a large sum of money for say some basic security services.

I wonder what the going rate to be a secondary sponsor for a first division team is as compared with a six figure suggested by someone earlier in this thread?!

bhs
    Last edited by blackholesun; 31/12/2009 at 6:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    That will fly way over Leps head.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The Lep, if as suggested here Fingal's main funding is as a result of an arrangement between Gannon and the Fingal CC tieing in Anglo then I would be worried. Given the current climate your funding is likely to shrink in the near future. For a fledgling club like Sporting who's long term survival strategy seems to be predicated on expotential growth on the basis of a large initial outlay then the club runs the risk of implosion or at least large contraction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    The Lep, if as suggested here Fingal's main funding is as a result of an arrangement between Gannon and the Fingal CC tieing in Anglo then I would be worried. Given the current climate your funding is likely to shrink in the near future. For a fledgling club like Sporting who's long term survival strategy seems to be predicated on expotential growth on the basis of a large initial outlay then the club runs the risk of implosion or at least large contraction.
    Thats going to consume Lep's head.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Spooky, thats the year the 5 year plan ends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    No one is suggesting otherwise and its highly likely that it may so we will cross that bridge after the 2012 season if all goes to plan up to then.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast