Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rovers fans discuss the merits of Michael O'Neill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    What's with the thread title? They're called Shams for Gods sake!

I don't mind him too much. I always thought he comes across as a decent enough skin. Only point I was annoyed about with his interview after the game in question was going on about us being over physical. They gave as good as they got that night. And as for the team we played against Bohs have to agree with the previous post where he wasn't complaining with the team we played against them in Tolka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Yet another contender for the 'Worst Thread Ever' title........

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Yet another contender for the 'Worst Thread Ever' title........

Talk to the moderator...my post,which was a reply to a post in a different thread,is now the first in this thread and the title must have been give by the moderator as its nothing to do with me.....dont know why you cant give an opinion on this site that people may not like...it is a forum after all..what happened to free speech!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    He says it's the worst thread ever, not the worst thread title ever.

I'd agree with those sentiments, but then, of course, I'd get accused of censorship. But good to see that there are some with sense on the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In other words

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Pretty much spot on, yep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    No, the point being that the level of vitriol from fans of a small provincial side against MON is quite bizarre considering that it appears the sum of why you don't like him is because he simply said that a peno was a peno and that while the corner was iffy, you needed to defend it and didn't.

Some of the phrases used, like arrogant, simply do not apply to this man. Its inane
    If that's basis you have for not liking him yes, I'd agree BTUIDHDOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    No, the point being that the level of vitriol from fans of a small provincial side against MON is quite bizarre considering that it appears the sum of why you don't like him is because he simply said that a peno was a peno and that while the corner was iffy, you needed to defend it and didn't.

Some of the phrases used, like arrogant, simply do not apply to this man. Its inane
    Wow.

You really think you no it all and nobody elses opinion counts for nothing. Yet another trait which has appeared amongst many of your "fans" after the move to Tallaght. Where was your reply to Hairy Bowsies post in another thread, with your know it all attitude?

EDIT. Found it. http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...&postcount=575
    Last edited by MMVIII; 28/12/2009 at 3:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

oh i give up lads...some very lazy reading of posts...i have said at least half a dozen times that its not because of that interview or that match against my "small provincial side" that i dislike him but that seems to fall on deaf ears...if i was like you i would get annoyed by your attempted slur of the club i support..thankfully im more mature..

Stu..as i said i understand your points but just wanted to point out it wasnt my thread as it looks like i started it when you log in..i didnt..ive just been scapegoated by daring to say i didnt like Shams manager or didnt think he would be a loss to our league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ok would also like to add its MY opinion he is arrogant...i dont speak for Sligo Rovers just for myself...maybe im wrong and your within your right to disagree with me..but its not inane to have an opinion of which im entitled...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone watching the Match live on Sunday or MNS last night should have seen Shamrocks manager barely shaking Ian Fosters hand at full time and avoiding eye contact altogether...His team were well beaten and he was outfoxed by his opposite number..fair and square..if anything Dundalks win was all the more impressive due to diabolical decisions in Shamrocks favour by the ref...Mr O'Neills actions and lack of respect for Mr Foster is the complete lack of humility and class i eluded to earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Yes, several months later you've finally got a bit of evidence to back up your claim. And that evidence is that after a terrible, 2-0 defeat at home, with his side in what some could say is a crisis, that although he did shake the hand of his opposite number, he didn't do it with enough sincerity or vigour, nor did he break in to a chant of Ian Fosters Black & White Army.

Honestly, pretty much everything you write seems to be completely and utterly ridiculous, but digging up a three month old thread to 'prove a point' in such an unbelievable awful way plummets to new depths. That post was astonishingly stupid. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Jicked; 23/03/2010 at 5:06 PM.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=CarrickFan;1337720......Mr O'Neills actions and lack of respect for Mr Foster is the complete lack of humility and class i eluded to earlier.[/QUOTE]

By any definition, class seems to have eluded you in that post anyway.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    sound lads..i thought a forum was about expressing opinions..i may not agree with lots of things said here but i dont resort to calling people ridiculous and stupid..i admit my posts may be inarticulate somrtimes but i wasnt trying to upset anyone..if things are done wrong at the club i support i'd like to think i'd call a spade a spade...anyway i'think i'll leave ye to it from now on...well done to the folks at foot.ie..its a great site and great that LOI fans have somewhere to converse...to anyone i rubbed up the wrong way i apologise..after all we are all LOI football fans and thats the important thing..best of luck to you all.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    sound lads..i thought a forum was about expressing opinions..i may not agree with lots of things said here but i dont resort to calling people ridiculous and stupid..i admit my posts may be inarticulate somrtimes but i wasnt trying to upset anyone..if things are done wrong at the club i support i'd like to think i'd call a spade a spade...anyway i'think i'll leave ye to it from now on...well done to the folks at foot.ie..its a great site and great that LOI fans have somewhere to converse...to anyone i rubbed up the wrong way i apologise..after all we are all LOI football fans and thats the important thing..best of luck to you all.
    Yes you were, you were trying to wind up Shamrock Rovers fans, you try to do it all the time. The trick is not to make it so obvious that you look just silly. (Speaking of which whatever happened to our beloved Sheridan?)

Also, I called your post ridiculous and stupid, not you, we can only speculate as to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    I'm not sure if I've ever seen people get so riled up purely on the back of 10 seconds post match clip.
    Ah dont mind him he's probably one of those guys that just looks out for flaws in every person, you know that kind lol.

Or, he's jelous, probably the latter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    By any definition, class seems to have eluded you in that post anyway.
    Spotter's badge for Dalymoutrower!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    This thread is beyond bizarre, MON isnt the worst, granted hes a **** with the way in which he tried to screw our club over with the Turner affair and granted he made a few disparaging comments about our stewarding but all in all I see no need what so ever for this thread.
    Its not only because he has done sweet damn all to our club but its because this thread is only going to inflate the already grossly over sized egos of Shams fans on here with the usual drivel of, "ohh their obsessed, sometimes our greatness is a burden" bla bla bla.
    Shams are not our rivals, shams are not some fetishisation of our fans its just this simple, the majority of your fans are arrogant band wagon jumpers who in the space of a year have somehow gained some form of demi-god status because yee moved to a Dublin suburb.
    Its good to see a LOI club attracting such a big support base but in no uncertain terms your fans were simply less ****** like when there was 800 of yee in Tolka.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Yes you were, you were trying to wind up Shamrock Rovers fans, you try to do it all the time. The trick is not to make it so obvious that you look just silly. (Speaking of which whatever happened to our beloved Sheridan?)
    Theres a Sheridan who posts on the Bohs forum, i assume its the same person as they too appear to have a dislike for all things Shamrock Rovers, though being a bohs forum i would also assume that goes with the territory.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast