Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody GAA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bloody GAA

They're not even going to discuss opening up Croke Park now.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/03/09/story137559.html

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    apparently it was due to the wording of the motion. it didnt fit the linguistic requirements of a "proper" motion - laughable.

i wonder did all the other motions have to go through such a complex review before they were accepted

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Clearly the GAA can do whatever they want with their own stadium but seems by dodging the issue they only prolonging the "discussions" & rumours.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bout time the government cut off their funding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    GAA behaved as expected here - no surprises.

however how come our government can continue to give hundreds of millions to the most overtly sectarian and narrow minded bigoted bunch of neanderthals defies belief.

Furthermore how can corporate Ireland continue to turn a blind eye to this and continue to find them.

I feel pity for the rank and file GAA member but they must take responsibility and get rid of these guys who are allowed to run the organisation. Even when they elect a decent non sectarian president he gets scuppered at every turn by the backwoodsmen and the evil brains who are telling them what to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Clearly the GAA can do whatever they want with their own stadium but seems by dodging the issue they only prolonging the "discussions" & rumours.

Thats the point pete. If they decide no, fair enough. They are doing themselves no favours by fudging the issue.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by gspain
    however how come our government can continue to give hundreds of millions to the most overtly sectarian and narrow minded bigoted bunch of neanderthals defies belief.
    I thought giving money to Linfield was a nice goodwill gesture

As for the Gaaaaa may all their shytes be hedgehogs but if they've that many members (still loads even though they exaggerate) they deserve some funding.
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The GAA is full of bigots(or true Gaels) as they say and the lot from the north are the worst.

The worst thing is that Croke Park is uder utilised and is costing them a lot of money to maintain.

I wouldn't bother with them, its time soccer and rugby went their own way.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a member of a GAA club and a football (soccer) fan who supports the opening of Croker I must day this decision is a sad day for any vestiges of democracy left within the GAA. It's left a lot of people, myself included, very angry and I doubt we've heard the end of it. The GAA prides itself as being the sum of it's members - which in this case it clearly isn't. All the terms being bandied about in the press including dictatorial and totalitarian are bang on. Don't expect the rank and file to sit back on this.
    Maybe you should put her on a leash, agent-man.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It appears to me as if the vast majority of the ground root members have no problem opening up Croke Park. And the players association have already issued a statement describing their upset at the decision. The current present wants to open it up but is being blocked by the past presidents. It's the old bigoted members who are stopping this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It appears to me as if the vast majority of the ground root members have no problem opening up Croke Park. And the players association have already issued a statement describing their upset at the decision. The current president wants to open it up but is being blocked by the past presidents. It's the old bigoted members who are stopping this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    it's my understanding that the 'motions commitee' that decided against debating the issue is comprised among others by former president of the association Jack Boothman and some former provincial GAA leaders who've made it quite clear where he stood on the issue recently.

it's a shame that with the progressive thinking president they now have and the general grass-roots support for the idea of opening up croker, that the power ultimately rested with old hard liners who's day in the sun should have long since ended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Originally posted by TommyT
    I thought giving money to Linfield was a nice goodwill gesture

do you mean the team with 2 fullbacks called Pat and a centre half called Murphy?

I've no doubt Linfield practised sectarian policies from 1950-1988 but to compare with the GAA is deeply insulting. Furthermore Linfield never had any asscoiation with terorist organisations.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Footie_Fan
    It appears to me as if the vast majority of the ground root members have no problem opening up Croke Park. And the players association have already issued a statement describing their upset at the decision. The current present wants to open it up but is being blocked by the past presidents. It's the old bigoted members who are stopping this.

Jack Bigotman and his cronies still have incredible power within the GAA.

What is sickening is the truckloads of money that Mr McGreedy has put the way of the GAA without any preconditions attached. However, we should not get too worked up about this issue. I, for one would much prefer that the National football and rugby teams moved out of the country during the duration of the Lansdowne Road redevelopment.

Let them stew in their bitterness and hatred.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've no doubt Linfield practised sectarian policies from 1950-1988 but to compare with the GAA is deeply insulting. Furthermore Linfield never had any asscoiation with terorist organisations.
    I don't know about that, don't Linfield draw some of their support from Loyalists. Let's just say that not too many of their supporters vote for the Alliance Party.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by republic
    Jack Bigotman and his cronies still have incredible power within the GAA.
    I wonder how does Jack Boothman aka Jack Bigotman a Church of Ireland member and an Anglo-Saxon qualify for membership of the GAA as he clearly isn't a "Gael". Has he any Gaelic blood at all? It's a disgrace that a "racial inferior" was elected president of our "national" sporting body. What's the world coming to?

Cuchulainn must be turning in his grave!
    Last edited by Paddy Ramone; 10/03/2004 at 1:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Paddy Ramone
    I wonder how does Jack Boothman aka Jack Bigotman a Church of Ireland member and an Anglo-Saxon qualify for membership of the GAA as he clearly isn't a "Gael". Has he any Gaelic blood at all? It's a disgrace that a "racial inferior" was elected president of our "national" sporting body. What's the world coming to?

Cuchulainn must be turning in his grave!

Actually to be a true gael you shouldnt be christian. i worship the druids. bloody christians!! that british git St patrick comes over here and converts us from our true pagan religions.

anybody fancy a sacrifice tonight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Originally posted by Paddy Ramone
    I don't know about that, don't Linfield draw some of their support from Loyalists. Let's just say that not too many of their supporters vote for the Alliance Party.
    I actually know an Alliance voting Blueman - I've staye din his house. I also used to know a Fine Gael voter who supported the Blues.

Paddy you can't judge a club because there is a scum element to their support.

Linfield have never associated themselves with Loyalism or allowed the club the ve associated with Loyalism.

The GAA's official policy for the last 25 years has been to support "the sturggle for national liberation" In the absenc eof clarification I think we all know what that means. Tyrone players were allowed to be used in GAA kit on SF election material. Dungiven GAA chairman/Republican Movement MLA Francie Brolly stated "the gAA is synonymous with Republicanism".

Would Linfield allow the follwing (Loyalist terrorist equivalent) into Windsor Park? - example is for one week in October last

FUNCTION: Featuring the Spirit of Freedom. 9pm Saturday 20 October, GAA Club, BISHOPSTOWN, CORK. T‡ille £5

IRISH NIGHT: Featuring the Wolfe Tones. 8pm Wednesday 24 October, St Davog's GAA Centre, AGHYARAN, County Tyrone. Band on stage at 10pm. Tickets from GAA Centre and the Cairde Office, Strabane. Tickets limited. Contact no 71 382119

HUNGER STRIKES COMMEMORATION: Through Song and Stories. 9pm Saturday 27 October, GAA Centre, DERRYTRESK, County Tyrone. £3 donation at door.

SF FUNDRAISER: Featuring Justice. 9pm Sunday 28 October, O'Rahilly's GAA Club, DROGHEDA, County Louth. T‡ille £5. Organised by the Bobby Sands SF Cumann

CROSSMAGLEN HUNGER STRIKE COMMEMMORATION: Unveiling of Memorial Stone. Assemble 2pm Sunday 21 October, Rangers GFC, CROSSMAGLEN, County Armagh. Prominent Speakers in Attendance

o AMACH AGUS ISTEACH. Republican Ex-Prisoners, Ardeoin. A Chara, Is mian linn cuireadh a thabhairt duit freastal ar bhur Cruinniu Ginearalta. Ar Aoine 24u Deireadh Fomhair 2003. I Ogra Seomrai GAA, Ardeoin. Cordially invite you to our AGM on Friday 24 October 2003 @7.30pm. In minor rooms, GAA, Ardoyne. As an Ex-POW it's in your interest to attend. Is Tusa Le Meas, Coiste, Amach agus isteach

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by eoinh
    Actually to be a true gael you shouldnt be christian. i worship the druids. bloody christians!! that british git St patrick comes over here and converts us from our true pagan religions.

anybody fancy a sacrifice tonight?
    Dead right eoinh that St Patrick was a Brit scumbag.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I also used to know a Fine Gael voter who supported the Blues.

What's unusual about that??

I thought all FG'rs were unionists

God knows what teams the PD's support.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast