Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott the Fifa World Cup 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Boycott the Fifa World Cup 2010

Who's with me?

I'm simply asking anyone to join me in not watching any game during the World Cup 2010.

I know this is a tall order to ask others to do, but I'm going to be true to my word and not give any attention to this Money Cup.

FIFA continue to take the **** and so they can f**k off.

noddy102

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    haha brazil vs ivory coast and shed loads of other great games get a life man will ya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briancool21 View Post
    haha brazil vs ivory coast and shed loads of other great games get a life man will ya
    I'd rather go watch League of Ireland myself and enjoy my summer without having to watch a corrupt organisation getting richer thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    I'd rather go watch League of Ireland myself and enjoy my summer without having to watch a corrupt organisation getting richer thank you very much.
    Wow, that's good of you. You're a great Irish man, fair play! I know watching LOI is such a chore and it's great that you'd rather watch that.

Cop on.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Wow, that's good of you. You're a great Irish man, fair play! I know watching LOI is such a chore and it's great that you'd rather watch that.

Cop on.
    Eh no.

What I'm saying is I'd rather watch LoI and enjoy my summer, than have to watch the Money Cup as well....

Some people have a lot of issues on this forum, just with grasping basic English for starters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Some people have a lot of issues on this forum, just with grasping basic English for starters.
    And some are just pathetic.

Don't be such a muppet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    And some are just pathetic.

Don't be such a muppet.
    Why am I being a muppet... would you like to explain?

What is wrong with me stating I am not going to watch any Money Cup games and asking others to follow suit? Do you have a problem with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Why am I being a muppet... would you like to explain?
    Even if the whole of this Island did'nt watch the WC, did'nt buy any WC merchandise, did'nt even talk about the WC, it would'nt make a spot of difference. We're only a dot on the map to them. They care more about Germany, England, France, USA etc. Those countries, as it's been discussed again and again bring in the money for FIFA. Not countries like Ireland. You say **** FIFA, it would'nt make ONE bit of difference.

By the way, i hope you keep your word and do follow the league this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Even if the whole of this Island did'nt watch the WC, did'nt buy any WC merchandise, did'nt even talk about the WC, it would'nt make a spot of difference. We're only a dot on the map to them. They care more about Germany, England, France, USA etc. Those countries, as it's been discussed again and again bring in the money for FIFA. Not countries like Ireland. You say **** FIFA, it would'nt make ONE bit of difference.

By the way, i hope you keep your word and do follow the league this year
    That's what you think, but a protest has to begin from somewhere, whether it actually has an effect or not is not the sole aim or even necessarily the end goal.
    I'm making my own moral choice on this issue. I don't want to be sucked into the corporate money-making machine that is FIFA's World Cup, especially now that they have truly convinced me they are corrupt beyond ever restating belief in me. Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner are two of the biggest conmen on earth.

I'll be supporting UCD once again this year, as they return to the Premer Division on their budget of peanuts, but proving with a bit of organisation and belief, they can do alright.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    I'm making my own moral choice on this issue. I don't want to be sucked into the corporate money-making machine that is FIFA's World Cup, especially now that they have truly convinced me they are corrupt beyond ever restating belief in me. Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner are two of the biggest conmen on earth.
    Would you have watched the World Cup if Ireland had qualified? Did you watch the last few World Cups? FIFA would be no less corrupt, the World Cup would still be a huge corporate money-making machine but I guarantee you would be watching if we had qualified. Hence, what you are proposing is not a moral choice but rather a protest against the referee's decision in Paris.

I've known that FIFA is corrupt and run by scumbags as long as I've been watching football but I've been to every World Cup since '90. I'm going to enjoy the best sport in the world, not to make money for FIFA (in fact, I'll make a point of giving them as little money as posible - price of the tickets only).

I'm still sick about what happened in Paris but, under the rules of football, there was never going to be a replay or an extra place in the World Cup. Blatter is an odious little man who has bribed his way to the top of FIFA (along with the likes of Warner) and he's shown in the last few weeks were his interests lie. I'll be wearing an Ireland shirt at the games in South Africa if only to remind people everyday that we should have been there.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    In fairness I am not looking forward to this world cup like I have to world cups in the past and that includes world cups before Ireland had ever qualified or ones that Ireland had not qualified for in recent times.

I think that the Clubs have got too big for their boots and have devalued international football.

I do not think that clubs appreciate or even understand that it is world cups and european championships that draw a lot of young people into taking an interest in football.

Do some of the players really care about international football any more (certainly not true of most Irish players in my opinion)

When the leader of world football is an embarassment like Blatter it does not exactly help either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Good thing the FAI aren't even a little corrupt then!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I'm gonna watch as many games as possible, support France and enjoy myself whilst doing so

Hope you have a good summer sitting in a room on your own while your friends are all down the pub watching the football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    In fairness I am not looking forward to this world cup like I have to world cups in the past and that includes world cups before Ireland had ever qualified or ones that Ireland had not qualified for in recent times.

I think that the Clubs have got too big for their boots and have devalued international football.

I do not think that clubs appreciate or even understand that it is world cups and european championships that draw a lot of young people into taking an interest in football.

Do some of the players really care about international football any more (certainly not true of most Irish players in my opinion)

When the leader of world football is an embarassment like Blatter it does not exactly help either.
    If you had been in Paris when the Irish players came over to the supporters after the match you would not have that opinion, many if them were in tears, and you could see the massive dissapointment on their faces.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    I'm gonna watch as many games as possible, support France and enjoy myself whilst doing so

Hope you have a good summer sitting in a room on your own while your friends are all down the pub watching the football

Good man.

Just in case you are unsure, there is more to life than football. Enjoy your pub sessions, worshipping a corrupt tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    Would you have watched the World Cup if Ireland had qualified? Did you watch the last few World Cups? FIFA would be no less corrupt, the World Cup would still be a huge corporate money-making machine but I guarantee you would be watching if we had qualified. Hence, what you are proposing is not a moral choice but rather a protest against the referee's decision in Paris.

I've known that FIFA is corrupt and run by scumbags as long as I've been watching football but I've been to every World Cup since '90. I'm going to enjoy the best sport in the world, not to make money for FIFA (in fact, I'll make a point of giving them as little money as posible - price of the tickets only).

I'm still sick about what happened in Paris but, under the rules of football, there was never going to be a replay or an extra place in the World Cup. Blatter is an odious little man who has bribed his way to the top of FIFA (along with the likes of Warner) and he's shown in the last few weeks were his interests lie. I'll be wearing an Ireland shirt at the games in South Africa if only to remind people everyday that we should have been there.
    I would have course have watched the World Cup had Ireland qualified. I love my country and would never fail to follow their matches, regardless.

I've also accepted FIFA's corruption for so long, and just in case you think it is simply because of what happened in France, you are mistaken. The response from Sepp Blatter, taking the absolute p*** out of our situation is what has tipped the scales for me. I can live in denial with FIFA and the corrupt state of football no longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenforever View Post
    If you had been in Paris when the Irish players came over to the supporters after the match you would not have that opinion, many if them were in tears, and you could see the massive dissapointment on their faces.
    I suppose that is why McGeady went over and exchanged jerseys with some French player while the rest of his teammates were fallen on the ground in tears?

Stephen Ireland, Joey O'Brien and a handful of other current generation footballers come to mind, when considering the state of the game.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Who's with me?

I'm simply asking anyone to join me in not watching any game during the World Cup 2010.

I know this is a tall order to ask others to do, but I'm going to be true to my word and not give any attention to this Money Cup.

FIFA continue to take the **** and so they can f**k off.

noddy102
    R U serious, no way will I miss the biggest show on the planet - are you crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I suppose that is why McGeady went over and exchanged jerseys with some French player while the rest of his teammates were fallen on the ground in tears?

Stephen Ireland, Joey O'Brien and a handful of other current generation footballers come to mind, when considering the state of the game.
    you sure about that? At the end of the game, all the players came over and threw their jerseys into the crowd.
    Don't remember anyone walking off the pitch with a French jersey
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    you sure about that? At the end of the game, all the players came over and threw their jerseys into the crowd.
    Don't remember anyone walking off the pitch with a French jersey
    I saw him with my very eyes looking for a jersey at full time off a French player and receiving one.

Also, only a handful of players threw their jerseys into the crowd, but that is neither here nor there. McGeady was only interested in getting himself an opposite number's jersey at the final whistle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast