Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Next year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Next year

Was it me or this season has the refs/linesmen/lineswomen had a serious problem with us, i dont know how many games last year i wanted to walk outta over some of the decisions against us. They continually called raf off side. now i know a lot of times he was but i seen a few times and he was spot on but the linesman would have none of it.
    the refs seemed to book ventre whether he got the ball or not and just generally every game i went too i came away feeling as we were playing 12 men.
    richie winters was short listed for ref of the year, this to me is complete madness. he is the most inept ref i have ever seen on a pitch and he particularly seems to have a problem with rovers.
    If cook or gerry carr opened their mouth to the 4th official they were gone !!! paul cook told me the week before final pat kelly phoned him up and said "we have never had a manager sent off in a cup final and we want to keep it that way"
    now come on cook is commended every week on mns as being a grounded honest manager and the fai treat him like he mike tyson ready to explode on the sideline. hopefully next year the refs give us a clean slate and hold no grudges as they ruined a lot of games last year....... or am i just a paranoid so and so ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Its always been like that.
    Its just that all games/highlights are now shown on TV, exposing the mistakes made, wheter they were made intentionaly or not

As for the FAI, If we were to go out of business in the morning I dont think they'd be too bothered.
    Their treatment towards us over the cup final seating etc was very disappointing and confirmed their attitude imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Posted this in here as the cup final thread is closed.

http://www.thebitored.com/?p=1073

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Well put piece. Pretty much sums the day up for me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Rovers100%, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Hope you haven't outed yourself as Seanie Connor.

SRFC1928, congrats on a nice piece. With regard to the young fans crying, it might have been their first chance to hold the cup - it might have been my last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    As much as I'd like to take the credit, I didnt write it.
    Its a great piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post

Excellent article, sums up the day really, still gutted!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post

As a Rovers fan, you can get used to the occasional disappointments....but god that one will hurt for a long long time....Compliments to whoever wrote that piece...perfectly summed up the day, and the emotions after it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    Was it me or this season has the refs/linesmen/lineswomen had a serious problem with us, i dont know how many games last year i wanted to walk outta over some of the decisions against us. They continually called raf off side. now i know a lot of times he was but i seen a few times and he was spot on but the linesman would have none of it.
    the refs seemed to book ventre whether he got the ball or not and just generally every game i went too i came away feeling as we were playing 12 men.
    richie winters was short listed for ref of the year, this to me is complete madness. he is the most inept ref i have ever seen on a pitch and he particularly seems to have a problem with rovers.
    If cook or gerry carr opened their mouth to the 4th official they were gone !!! paul cook told me the week before final pat kelly phoned him up and said "we have never had a manager sent off in a cup final and we want to keep it that way"
    now come on cook is commended every week on mns as being a grounded honest manager and the fai treat him like he mike tyson ready to explode on the sideline. hopefully next year the refs give us a clean slate and hold no grudges as they ruined a lot of games last year....... or am i just a paranoid so and so ???
    Did I just see you opened a new thread on Next Year and all you do is re hash all the old garbage of the season just finished. For God sake lets move on, we know the officials were crap and we know Cretaro kept running offside and we know Ventre went in with some crazy tackles but I though you would have something interesting to enlighten us with when you opened this thread. Personally I feel very hopeful for next season, remember Rovers are financially in a decent position and its up to us to keep all the fund raising going. We will lose some players but i am very confident that we will pick up some good ones as well, roll on 2010

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    my apologies for rattling your cage.........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    my apologies for rattling your cage.........
    Your ok, no need to apologise we are both on the same side and anyway I was just bored reading about the Cup Final etc and all the if onlys. My problem Rovers 100% is I am an optimist and I get so p....d off reading all the negative stuff, its bad for our health. I do admit most of what you said is right but I was hoping a new thread on next year would be more uplifting.
    What do you think our prospects are anyway?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    understand ya well red, after the way this year panned out we need to be positive for next year. but like they say no player is bigger than the club so whoever leaves surely they can be replaced.
    we got decent crowds this year and hopefully our cup run has inspired a few new support as well as getting some old ones back. we signed some decent players in last transfer window and doyle and marshall are only young and can only progress.
    i wonder will cookie give blinks a more forward role as i believe he can score more goals if given the chance. i think the team themselves know they have a good team when fit and if sign a few more and the existing squad believe a little more in themselves we can be a team to be reckoned with. remember in last 3rd of the season we were prob 3rd best team in the country on form and results, the team played half the season very low on confidence and i ruined us. if we can get our defence to believe they are stable and not get flustered after one silly mistake we can keep more clean sheets. we will know more as time goes on but who goes and who comes in will be a major factor this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    understand ya well red, after the way this year panned out we need to be positive for next year. but like they say no player is bigger than the club so whoever leaves surely they can be replaced.
    we got decent crowds this year and hopefully our cup run has inspired a few new support as well as getting some old ones back. we signed some decent players in last transfer window and doyle and marshall are only young and can only progress.
    i wonder will cookie give blinks a more forward role as i believe he can score more goals if given the chance. i think the team themselves know they have a good team when fit and if sign a few more and the existing squad believe a little more in themselves we can be a team to be reckoned with. remember in last 3rd of the season we were prob 3rd best team in the country on form and results, the team played half the season very low on confidence and i ruined us. if we can get our defence to believe they are stable and not get flustered after one silly mistake we can keep more clean sheets. we will know more as time goes on but who goes and who comes in will be a major factor this year.
    Don't be so hard on yourself rovers100%

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Hello, just where do you think this guy has been playing?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Hello, just where do you think this guy has been playing?
    He's been doing a lot of 'grunt work', flick ons for Raf and the like, much like the role Emile Heskey has made a career of. I would agree with him here, Blinks might chip in more goals in Rafs absence particularly with a more creative center midfielder behind him in Turner.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    blinkhorn if a forward but most his work is done outside the box, holding up the ball, winning headers, knock ons and such. as above poster said a similar role to heskey. without a doubt it was a huge role which allowed raf to score as many as he did. without blinkhorn he wouldnt have reached 10 goals.
    for me personally, blinkhorn made a huge difference since joining as he puts in a serious shift and gives us a different dimension of play from last year and earlier this season. i for one also think doyle could do a job for us if put into the raf role. he has pace and can turn a defender and we have seen that he can finish as well. he played as a striker with shams as well so he is familar to the role.