Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Music to make you turn the radio off and music rip offs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Music to make you turn the radio off and music rip offs

So there is always music out there that has you either turn off, turn down or switch radio stations but of late its become something I do very very frequently. In fact in sitting in traffic early this morning I knocked the radio off twice. Couldn't bring myself to switch to Radio 2 and Terry Wogan (not sure if Chris Evans has replaced him yet).

So NDubz for example are a source of annoyance at the minute but for consistency purposes I am going to single out Lily Allen. How the girl was allowed release music let alone sell it is beyond me but artists mature and develop. Not Lily however. So who writes her music ten? Based on the lyric's I can only assume its her but the latest release has really really got me. I'm not sure what its called but does anybody know the rights on ripping off another artists music. In this case se runs with the music to Take That's 'Shine'. Now I don't know if it was arranged and run by Take That but I have heard her perform this record with Take That on a BBC Children in Need programme recently. I can only assume then Take That are ok with her making money off the back of them.

Thoughts please.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I know its not what you are after - but Joe Duffy and Turgidy do it for me _ sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    I know its not what you are after - but Joe Duffy and Turgidy do it for me _ sorry
    Well ya say that man but actually Joe is responsible for one of my best remembered stories in which I had to pull the car over in laughter. Of late its become very reflective and encouraging of a country that is at its best when its moaning. Like the woman (not from Clontarf mind) who rang in last week with regard the floods (she hadn't been flooded) but rather lived alone in Co. Cork somewhere and basically had a branch on her roof and was very worried about it. It appeared the lady wasn't overly well and was house bound. However rather than maybe ring the fire service for example she rang Joe. She took up a nice part of the show too.

Anyhow the funniest story was the woman who rang up to 'complain', what else is the show about really, about her trip to Lapland. Basically her little 'un didn't get an awful great deal of time with Santa and based on the price she paid she felt a little bit hard done by. Of course the usual possie rang in in support, possibly never having been to Lapland but maybe because they felt they hadn't gotten a fair deal at their local Tesco or church hall or whatever. Anyhow as happens on these things the Travel Agency, their good name been taken in vain on the national airwaves and the likely damage to business, sent on the main man himself, the company CEO or MD or whatever. Anyhow all was not what it seeme and perhaps the short thrift with Santa for her little darling, was indeed a smokescreen for something greater. Queue a twist then, a revelation even. The MD/CEO puts it to Joe, and the nation, that the same woman on this trip actually assaulted one (I think it was one) of the elves and as I believe it the particular elf had been of work since due to the stress. Well all hell broke loose, Joe in his very own inimitable style begged the question of his caller. 'Did you assault an elf'. 'Did you assault an elf'. The battle waged and in its seriousness hillarity ensued for the listeners.

It was a quality Radio moment and I'd love to hear it again such was the laughter that story brought on in me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought I had found a radio-saviour in 4FM until I realised that Paolo Nuttini must have shares in the place - if it's not him on 4FM it's Imelda May on RTE Rado 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Firework by Katy Perry. When I was back home, everytime the radio was switched on, that squawking song seemed to be playing. Six months after it's release. Awful stuff.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dochara View Post
    I thought I had found a radio-saviour in 4FM until I realised that Paolo Nuttini must have shares in the place - if it's not him on 4FM it's Imelda May on RTE Rado 1.
    Him and Hall & Oates. I have to change the channel when quite a few acts come on. have to. Bon Jovi, Rihanna, Bell X1, Texas, Britney, Journey, Oasis, Snow Patrol, bruno Mars... I could keep going all day. If I'm somewhere I can't change it (a guest in someone elses house) I make an excuse and leave the room til the offending audio ends.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    Him and Hall & Oates. I have to change the channel when quite a few acts come on. have to. Bon Jovi, Rihanna, Bell X1, Texas, Britney, Journey, Oasis, Snow Patrol, bruno Mars... I could keep going all day. If I'm somewhere I can't change it (a guest in someone elses house) I make an excuse and leave the room til the offending audio ends.
    Really??

So you could be having a conversation with someone and if, in the background, lets say supersonic by Oasis comes on you will get up and walk out??

I think thats a bit sad..I know music should move us but to literally move us out of a room for 3 or 4 minutes untill a song ends

Dont get me wrong I'll turn off the radio if boyzone, Katy Perry, Bryan Adams or the killers came on but i'd never walk out of a room, start the stopwatch twiddle my thumbs for a few minutes and come back in...
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    Really??

So you could be having a conversation with someone and if, in the background, lets say supersonic by Oasis comes on you will get up and walk out??
    MMMMMMmmmmaybe not Supersonic, irritating as it is, but certainly Wonderwall and several more yes. It's not like I'll storm out in protest either -I'll ask to use the jacks or say I left someting in the car.

I think thats a bit sad..I know music should move us but to literally move us out of a room for 3 or 4 minutes untill a song ends.
    Songs are fine, they only last a couple of minutes, try filling an episode of Eastenders or similar with a plausible absense. Though I usually try and time visits to relatives or friends to avoid clashes with whatever garbage they might have spewing from the box in the corner. Not always doable mind.

I think thats a bit sad..I know music should move us but to literally move us out of a room for 3 or 4 minutes untill a song ends
    I'm told I'm at my worst on cross-country drives.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That song with the chorus of 'Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake-yeah'. Horrible, horrible song. Heard my sister playing it on her phone earlier; I was appalled.