Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Come on, what is a discussion board without a debate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come on, what is a discussion board without a debate?

I associate all forums with good debate, open discussion and opinions. The majority of posters post under an alias or screen name which is understandable due to privacy issues, its a right to remain anonymous.

When someone has an opinion about X or Y and puts the matter forward in a correct or mannorly fashion i dont believe there is any reason to close a thread or delete a post.

There seems to be a status quo on here and because i challenged a seemingly regular poster with very valid points while he insisted on 2 things. A) He was more knowledgable on the topic of football and B) I should post with my real name rather than a screen name, i went to continue the discussion and the debate was ended because the thread was closed.

Now whats the point in posting here so? There is no point deleting this thread either because in fairness there is enough nonsense talked on here about 'Xano' or 'Jim Flanagan' which is trivial. This is me just highlighing a point that open discussion should be encouraged instead of having a dictatorship on what can be said (even if its above board)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i agree with ya shedzer totally, it seems if your not in the forza click your opinion is brushed off as not knowing what your on about. its a forum for god sake. all this bull that what if players read this...... well how do they survive over in england in the public spotlight and everything they do scrutinised

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    jim is a hero

the new culture of rovers fans is alot better than the older one, the bootboys or the shedheads. thats what the whole ventre, jim flanagan, camano, kevin julien thing comes from. its a bita craic. you need to lighten up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Lads, I locked the other thread cos it had gone a long way off-topic. You all know you don't have to post under your real names so this thread is locked too as that's not an issue. This is a Sligo Rovers forum, if you want to discuss non-Rovers related stuff then go somewhere else.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.