Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The BIG debate

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When Richie came in midway through 2008 I thought he done pretty well and even slotted in at left full for a couple of games and acquitted himself well.

However, last season he was very poor any time he was on the pitch. I know he was carrying an injury and all that but his off the field activities left a lot to be desired. If he can get back to the form he showed when he arrived then he will do a job, no doubt about that, and even better that he is now on a reduced contract. Has he actually had the operation on his hip?

I just hope its not the proprieter of The Thatch Ballisodare who will gain most from his re-signing!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Ritchie has the ability, but its up to him what he wants to do with it.
    Its make or brake time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ryan was muck last season. No doubting that really, but he's not a muck player. He was, in my opinion, one of our best players in 2008 and I hope we can see the same next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    This has been debated to death but to be fair to Ritchie he should have had the operation last summer but delayed it due to our small squad and battle against relegation. He couldnt train properly from the middle of june to the end of season yet could always be called upon when asked to play. I for one am willing to give him till july to prove himself again and if we can get him back to the form he was in for his first season he was here it can only be a good thing for Sligo Rovers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachey View Post
    So we've signed Richie Ryan, a midfielder who can't/won't tackle, win headers, take free kicks, corners or make forward runs, I feel effervescent. The bad footballers/management buddies drinking club is now complete

Seanie's been round with the wine gums again?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    can anyone actually tell me if richie ryan has had his operation because everyone was saying last year his bad performances were down to been injured. if he has not had his injury fixed whats the point in signing him. at least come july we will have a good discussion over who was right and wrong over richies abilities. i would nearly start a book on it. richie to get back to his best and be a starting 11 player 100/1 richie to be ****e again 3/10 on.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    can anyone actually tell me if richie ryan has had his operation because everyone was saying last year his bad performances were down to been injured. if he has not had his injury fixed whats the point in signing him. at least come july we will have a good discussion over who was right and wrong over richies abilities. i would nearly start a book on it. richie to get back to his best and be a starting 11 player 100/1 richie to be ****e again 3/10 on.........
    His fan club seem reluctant to address that point....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    wouldnt want you workin for me if i was paddy power

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well we can come back to this thread in july and someone will be right or wrong. again i ask has he had this MYSTERY operation he has needed for so long been carried out........ ye were raving all season that his performances were injury related and would be cured in pre season !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    fare play to ya dad
    CF if 1989 is your birthday then you can call me grandad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    well we can come back to this thread in july and someone will be right or wrong. again i ask has he had this MYSTERY operation he has needed for so long been carried out........ ye were raving all season that his performances were injury related and would be cured in pre season !!!
    no one said he'd be cured....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    no one said he'd be cured....
    He'll be going for the cure if anything...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

A good question and to be perfectly honest i dont have a clue!!while i wouldnt be a membershipvsubcription to his fan club as Dong put it, what i was tryin to say in an earlier post was a Richie Ryan of 2008 will certainly be an addition to our current squad(given that we only have 12 players) and i think hes earned the chance till july anyway to prove the naysayers wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234