Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BIG debate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ventre will be used as a utility player, probably across the defence or could fill in if O'Grady or Turner arent playing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Yee can deflect from the real issue at hand all yee want, but richie ryan is still a horrible footballer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Yee can deflect from the real issue at hand all yee want, but richie ryan is still a horrible footballer.
    Couch! Sore one for Richie
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Full back is about his level...if we have any ambition to be a top side playing decent football he cant be let near the midfield.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonalE View Post
    Couch! Sore one for Richie
    He didn't even 'cushion' the blow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To anybody giving out about Richie Ryan your all adlums, and i mean f ing adlums who havent a clue about football at all. He's the only creative player at the club so ye havent a clue. For first 20mins V Fingal he was our best player. Then again your probably the same adlums who gave danny ventre the Player of the year. I ask you. Enough said. Complete and total Adlums.

The one about carrie seems to be true, to busy with work and kids by all accounts and rumour has it McGylnn & Murray deals are immenent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFCbrothelutd View Post
    To anybody giving out about Richie Ryan your all adlums, and i mean f ing adlums who havent a clue about football at all. He's the only creative player at the club so ye havent a clue. For first 20mins V Fingal he was our best player. Then again your probably the same adlums who gave danny ventre the Player of the year. I ask you. Enough said. Complete and total Adlums.

The one about carrie seems to be true, to busy with work and kids by all accounts and rumour has it McGylnn & Murray deals are immenent...
    Owen Morrison and Eoin Doyle to a certain extent too. Murray, the fella that plays for Cork is it ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers have also released the following players: Simon Madden, Darragh Maguire, Shane Robinson and Corey Tracey.
    “Simon and Corey are both young lads who had limited opportunities in the first team, and at this stage of their careers they need regular first team football,” says O’Neill. “I would also thank Darragh Maguire and Shane Robinson for their contribution to Shamrock Rovers throughout the 2009 season,” he adds. “They are top-class professionals.”
    Wonder if Cook is interested in either of those 3? Madden's a right back, isn't he? Maguire works in Dublin so not sure how willing he'd be to move, but the other 2 might be interested in getting a regular game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    And if they're not good enough for our reserve team in Tallaght, why should we be signing them?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [QUOTE=SRFCbrothelutd;1284613]To anybody giving out about Richie Ryan your all adlums, and i mean f ing adlums who havent a clue about football at all. He's the only creative player at the club so ye havent a clue. For first 20mins V Fingal he was our best player. Then again your probably the same adlums who gave danny ventre the Player of the year. I ask you. Enough said. Complete and total Adlums.

am glad someone agrees with me have said this in another tread and got shot down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    To anybody giving out about Richie Ryan your all adlums, and i mean f ing adlums who havent a clue about football at all. For first 20mins V Fingal he was our best player.
    Possibly. But as far as I recall a game lasts 90 minutes. If he can only last 20 minutes what does that say about his fitness?
    No excuses. Hip injury or not he shouldn't just go missing like that. That's the problem I have with him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    @ srfcbrothelutd, if richie is so class why is he a sub ??? as for creative i cant see it myself. i would put morrison and boco as most creative by a mile. the only obvious quality ryan has for me is his ease on the ball. he always looks like he has time on the ball but what he does after that is where the problems arise. he usually goes sideways or backways. reminds me of a crab personally !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    They used to call Claude Makelele the hairdresser, because he could only pass short, back and sides.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    but boy, could he mark and tackle !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Adlum, You havent a clue if you think Boco is creative! He wouldnt create a good row in a yard full of jipos. Give me a break if ever player was based on pace and power its boco but creative is not in the locker. Wise up Ventre lovers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    your all adlums...f ing adlums adlums Adlums

Adlum
    So we are all adlums. Care to explain what the word means? You use it a lot.
    And just because somebody has a different opinion than you doesn't mean that they haven't a clue about football. Who are you? Arsene Wenger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    So we are all adlums. Care to explain what the word means? You use it a lot.
    And just because somebody has a different opinion than you doesn't mean that they haven't a clue about football. Who are you? Arsene Wenger?
    haha you beat me to it.what exactly is an adlum?please tell us what an adlum is srfcbrothelutd and then maybe we can understand why we're all adlums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    And if they're not good enough for our reserve team in Tallaght, why should we be signing them?
    So we shouldn't have signed Eoin Doyle then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Adlum, You havent a clue if you think Boco is creative! He wouldnt create a good row in a yard full of jipos. Give me a break if ever player was based on pace and power its boco but creative is not in the locker. Wise up Ventre lovers...
    Here is it coming from a non 'Ventre lover'. Ryan is not anywhere near the standard of LoI football, especially going on this season performances. I know what you see in him, he passes from side to side, keeps the ball well but thats where it stops.

You have to look at the bigger picture here, Ryans energy levels are poor, he doesnt cover enough ground to play in the centre of the pitch.
    He doesnt have pace or any injection to light up a game..
    His vision is very limited and occasional, like Carrick from Utd, he usually plays the obvious pass rather than the telling pass. Lateral movement is his specialty, but when going forward he struggles to get the vision in place and the killer ball doesnt happen.

Where is this this vision? Does he run at and then split defenses? I dont see it, the only forward passes you see him given are high ones, hit and hopes or missplaced passes.

His resposibility level is low, meaning he doesnt seem to want to be the man in there. Ala, Chris Turner, take the game by the scruf of the neck and control it, i personally think its because he doesnt have the ability to do so.
    If you look at top level creative central medfield players you will see the platform on how to be that creative midfield player. Take Xavi, commands the ball from his defense, always aware of his surroundings. When he gives a pass 10 yards, he follows it and wants the ball back. When he goes forward, he looks to get that pass that will make the goal. Now nobody is asking Ryan to be Xavi, or anywhere like him, but the idea is the same..you have to want the ball...not just pass it and with that, pass the responsibility.

Defensively Ryan isnt good enough, too static and doesnt track runners. That leads to issue obviously.

Im not saying he couldnt be a good player, no. There is a small possibility, but like Anderson at Utd you have to call a spade a spade and say when someone isnt good enough for the level they are playing at.
    Im only using these foreign players as examples.

You should see the light on Ryan if you follow him over a period of time, its only so far 10 yard balls to full backs can get you by.

For what it matters, Ventre is a good honest but limited player. LoI is his level and he could probably fit into the plans of most managers because of his versitility. Not anywhere near the player people say he is, but worthy of the jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedzer View Post
    Here is it coming from a non 'Ventre lover'. Ryan is not anywhere near the standard of LoI football, especially going on this season performances. I know what you see in him, he passes from side to side, keeps the ball well but thats where it stops.

You have to look at the bigger picture here, Ryans energy levels are poor, he doesnt cover enough ground to play in the centre of the pitch.
    He doesnt have pace or any injection to light up a game..
    His vision is very limited and occasional, like Carrick from Utd, he usually plays the obvious pass rather than the telling pass. Lateral movement is his specialty, but when going forward he struggles to get the vision in place and the killer ball doesnt happen.

Where is this this vision? Does he run at and then split defenses? I dont see it, the only forward passes you see him given are high ones, hit and hopes or missplaced passes.

His resposibility level is low, meaning he doesnt seem to want to be the man in there. Ala, Chris Turner, take the game by the scruf of the neck and control it, i personally think its because he doesnt have the ability to do so.
    If you look at top level creative central medfield players you will see the platform on how to be that creative midfield player. Take Xavi, commands the ball from his defense, always aware of his surroundings. When he gives a pass 10 yards, he follows it and wants the ball back. When he goes forward, he looks to get that pass that will make the goal. Now nobody is asking Ryan to be Xavi, or anywhere like him, but the idea is the same..you have to want the ball...not just pass it and with that, pass the responsibility.

Defensively Ryan isnt good enough, too static and doesnt track runners. That leads to issue obviously.

Im not saying he couldnt be a good player, no. There is a small possibility, but like Anderson at Utd you have to call a spade a spade and say when someone isnt good enough for the level they are playing at.
    Im only using these foreign players as examples.

You should see the light on Ryan if you follow him over a period of time, its only so far 10 yard balls to full backs can get you by.

For what it matters, Ventre is a good honest but limited player. LoI is his level and he could probably fit into the plans of most managers because of his versitility. Not anywhere near the player people say he is, but worthy of the jersey.

A subs one hopefully

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast