Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: John Delaney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republican View Post
    are you that bored that you would post such a ridiculous comment??? no offence but if you want to get a rant goin over delaney at least give everyone some decent ammo to shoot back because the above is childish. ireland qualified for a top 16 in europe tournament blame whoever ye like, trap, delaney, or enda kenny but that is over achievng so get behind them on a good achievement and hopefully we can get 2nd in our group in world cup qualifiers and maybe get there via a playoff and a bita luck in which time we will have a very good bunch of players coming threw, the robbie bradys, seamus colemans, james mccleans, shane longs and alot more in the u19/21 set up and maybe at the next euro's we can compete on a better footing.
    Are you for real? The senior team's manager is being half paid by a businessman. The Under 21s have NEVER qualified for the Europeans. The u19s have done it twice in 20 years. The league is a shambles

Yet somehow you think the people should blindly back the CEO who earns €400k a year?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    I know the Genesis report on the league has been ripped to shreds but surely given public money going to the FAI, an Oireachtas committee should get to question Delaney on aspects of the report which have not been carried out or rowed back on?
    According to wiki the second Genesis report was actually an internal FAI document misleadingly named Genesis 2. Is that true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    are you that bored that you would post such a ridiculous comment??? no offence but if you want to get a rant goin over delaney at least give everyone some decent ammo to shoot back because the above is childish. ireland qualified for a top 16 in europe tournament blame whoever ye like, trap, delaney, or enda kenny but that is over achievng so get behind them on a good achievement and hopefully we can get 2nd in our group in world cup qualifiers and maybe get there via a playoff and a bita luck in which time we will have a very good bunch of players coming threw, the robbie bradys, seamus colemans, james mccleans, shane longs and alot more in the u19/21 set up and maybe at the next euro's we can compete on a better footing.
    Dead right there republican and lets leave challenging or even winning matches to those pesky countries with CEOs and managers earning a fraction of what "our" lads deservedly get. Sure every 20 years or so we are bound to draw the worst team in the playoff (as we did in Euro 2012) and maybe get to another finals. In the meantime we can practice singing the fields of athenry and watch our League slowly die.

But hey, what do you expect for 400 K

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Are you for real? The senior team's manager is being half paid by a businessman. The Under 21s have NEVER qualified for the Europeans. The u19s have done it twice in 20 years. The league is a shambles

Yet somehow you think the people should blindly back the CEO who earns €400k a year?
    not talking about how many underage tournaments we qualifed for my point is that there are quality players on all our underage squads, 21s cunningham, hendrick, brady will defo step up to seniors, along with maybe some of our current 17s and 19s squads and all combined with the likes of mcclean, coleman, long etc will giv us an exciting group come the next euros campaign. im not defending any1s inflated salary by the way all im sayng is if you sit down and reflect things are not as bad as they may seem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    not talking about how many underage tournaments we qualifed for my point is that there are quality players on all our underage squads, 21s cunningham, hendrick, brady will defo step up to seniors, along with maybe some of our current 17s and 19s squads and all combined with the likes of mcclean, coleman, long etc will giv us an exciting group come the next euros campaign. im not defending any1s inflated salary by the way all im sayng is if you sit down and reflect things are not as bad as they may seem.
    Go tell that to Monaghan fans, or Dublin City fans or Sporting Fingal or Kildare County or .........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    How are Cunningham, Brady and Hendrick related to the LOI (where this thread is posted)? You're making my point for me. For you and Delaney, its all about the Senior team when Irish football is so much more than that
    ---

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    How are Cunningham, Brady and Hendrick related to the LOI (where this thread is posted)? You're making my point for me. For you and Delaney, its all about the Senior team when Irish football is so much more than that
    no the loi is about dublin in the main everyone knows that and the thread i posted on was a 'john delaney' thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    no the loi is about dublin in the main everyone knows that and the thread i posted on was a 'john delaney' thread.
    ah I see. So its logic you have a problem with. fair enough
    ---

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Are you John Delaney posting ? are you still drunk from Poland ?

-FORUM
    -LEAGUE
    -PREMIER AND FIRST DIVISIONS
    - John Delaney

Even someone on less than 400K a year should be able to grasp that ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    if you read the rest of my comment i gave those 3 examples along with 3 other examples( mcclean, coleman, and long ) yeah your right they have nothing to do with the league either

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Are you John Delaney posting ? are you still drunk from Poland ?

-FORUM
    -LEAGUE
    -PREMIER AND FIRST DIVISIONS
    - John Delaney

Even someone on less than 400K a year should be able to grasp that ?
    as i said in my last reply to dodge, i used mcclean, coleman and long as examples so now i maybe allowed on the loi thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    as i said in my last reply to dodge, i used mcclean, coleman and long as examples so now i maybe allowed on the loi thread
    Go on then. Tell us what Delaney has done for the league...
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Dodge , give it up.

- leave work
    -head to McDowells (or similar establishment)
    -have a pint (or two) and chat with like minded individuals
    -enjoy the big Dublin derby (but hopefully not the result )

..........and laugh at the irony that someone calling themselves "republican" thinks Irish football revolves around the English premier league

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i am not disputing that the league is overlooked by the fai but it has been for as long as i can ever remember and that is not good. my heart goes out to the clubs that have had to close their gates and the people at those clubs that have lost their jobs but unfortunately the clubs themselves are ultimately to blame for living beyond their means. i personally think that any club representing the league in europe shold have their away games travel expenses covered by the fai this would greatly take the burden off those clubs and make t worthwhile to qualify in the 1st place. the problem is from the top down tho people how many times has the aviva been full for a game since it opened a football game?? i regularly travel from the south for 95% of all friendly/qualifiers yes its expensive and often unattractive but i do my bit. not havin a pop but dublin has a population of approx 1.3 million and stadium on your doorstep and we still cant even half fill it at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Right so its Dublin's fault. Finally we get to the crux of the matter
    ---

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Up the Ra, Up the Ra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i am not disputing that the league is overlooked by the fai but it has been for as long as i can ever remember and that is not good. my heart goes out to the clubs that have had to close their gates and the people at those clubs that have lost their jobs but unfortunately the clubs themselves are ultimately to blame for living beyond their means. i personally think that any club representing the league in europe shold have their away games travel expenses covered by the fai this would greatly take the burden off those clubs and make t worthwhile to qualify in the 1st place. the problem is from the top down tho people how many times has the aviva been full for a game since it opened a football game?? i regularly travel from the south for 95% of all friendly/qualifiers yes its expensive and often unattractive but i do my bit. not havin a pop but dublin has a population of approx 1.3 million and stadium on your doorstep and we still cant even half fill it at times.
    And do you attend League of Ireland games?Don't look for praise for travelling to Dublin for international games if your one of these "fans" of Irish football that completely ignore the domestic league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Last edited by Rasputin; 22/06/2012 at 11:00 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    He's presiding over a regime that had the neck to ask LoI players to play - but not shower - at his beloved stadium last year.

This is the stadium over which he's buried the FAI into 60MILL of debt because his sales pitch to the prawn sandwich brigade went down the swanny.

In any other business, stakeholders (i.e. clubs in this case) would have shown this buffoon the road by now. The opposite seems to be the case because his yes-men on the board won't open their mouths for fear of following C. Rhattigan (a LoI rep) out the door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    i am not disputing that the league is overlooked by the fai but it has been for as long as i can ever remember and that is not good. my heart goes out to the clubs that have had to close their gates and the people at those clubs that have lost their jobs but unfortunately the clubs themselves are ultimately to blame for living beyond their means.
    the problem is from the top down tho people how many times has the aviva been full for a game since it opened a football game?? i regularly travel from the south for 95% of all friendly/qualifiers yes its expensive and often unattractive but i do my bit. not havin a pop but dublin has a population of approx 1.3 million and stadium on your doorstep and we still cant even half fill it at times.
    John Delaney earns roughly twice as much as the total prize money for the Premier Division. To put that in context, that would be like Michel Platini earning €400m a year (based just on Euro2012 prize money). For all but the top 3 clubs entering the league is an instant loss of €4k, with other running costs on top of that, and prize money has halved in the last 3 years. The apathy towards the LoI comes from the top of the FAI and runs through the vast majority of 'football fans' in Ireland.

The end result of all this is that for my team 'living within their means' translates to leaving the league while the debts are still manageable, and while it won't risk the future of the entire football club.

You know that big "Monaghan Boys on Tour" flag that you see at *all* the Ireland games? They're Monaghan United fans- Homer and Bart are wearing blue and white. There are 2 former Monaghan United players in the current Ireland U21 squad. James McClean played against Monaghan United, in fact he got beaten by them at the Brandywell. See how having Monaghan Uniteds around helps further up the football structure? See why LoI fans are angry, because if the FAI really cared about football, and not about their own f*cking pockets, then we could have a system where money isn't taken out of the Irish economy and over to Glasgow or Manchester, and there could be a league to train young Irish footballers to pass and not to hoof it long, and there could be a proper option to keep more Keith Faheys in football after they get rejected by Arsenal and get them back into the Irish squad. But there isn't, and teams are vanishing and Ireland are getting shat on by Spain but its all ok because John De-****ing-laney is buying you a pint with his €400,000 for being so great and turning up to the Nations Cup.

24. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast