Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thierry Henry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    The world media taking advantage of an over-reaction to an incident to push sales and hits, well I never

The Brits will have sympathy but in general the ones I've seen couldn't care less

Google search runs on what is being put in today so I would imagine Henry + Handball is more popular than Henry + Arsenal or Henry + Gilette today alright

Go back to it in January and see what it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    The Brits will have sympathy but in general the ones I've seen couldn't care less

Well considering I live here and I've had a constant stream of texts, emails, phone calls, 20 scottish and english lads in the pub with me last night supporting ireland, I'll take my snapshot over your F365 forum reading experience. Any time.

Those amongst you who aren't prepared to see this as different from other referreeing situations please take note. something will come of this.

To be so cynical to shrug and move on is almost cowardly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I'd counter that they are your friends and so would have sympathy so I'll take my forum experience (banned from 365 wouldn't you know) over that any day as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    on an english forum im on they're basically saying ireland played excellently but it was looking like france were going to score anyway. im sure the football worlds reaction is what ours would have been like had it occured in a match between portugal and bosnia. most people wouldnt care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    (banned from 365 wouldn't you know)

why amn't I surprised.

and what makes you think I have friends?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    http://twitter.com/thierry_Henry

Let him know how you feel.
    Honestly, we would of all loved to have enjoyed Ireland at the WC in SA next summer. But really... This is just pathetic and says a lot about why as a nation we are a joke on so many levels. We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.

Yeah I can see this multi-millionaire, otherwise incredible player with a glorious history really giving a damn what a bunch of Paddies with a modem connection care.

Get a life, please.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    Honestly, we would of all loved to have enjoyed Ireland at the WC in SA next summer. But really... This is just pathetic and says a lot about why as a nation we are a joke on so many levels. We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.

Yeah I can see this multi-millionaire, otherwise incredible player with a glorious history really giving a damn what a bunch of Paddies with a modem connection care.

Get a life, please.
    This post saddens me . We even hate ourselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Get a life, please.

another self-hating irishman who then relates it to "the oul' enemy" as if that has anything to do with it

if you're happy to slink away, by all means.

We'll never know what would have happened the other way around. we have to work with what we're given.

Of course there won't be a replay and of course henry will get over it. but you better believe he'll know how we feel about it for a few weeks. those of us attending the games (at home admittdly) and putting up with screaming french fans in the pub being smug (although looking at their faces at full time was fun) have earned it. (incidentally diarra says he "deserves" his world cup spot. barely able to acknowledge we were there at the game. At least wenger and lizaraxu had some class.

now I see why I post so rarely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Me too. This forum has been depressing most of this campaign. Such self hatred is sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    In Ireland, among some of us

People seem to think the rest of the world actually care about this.

Other forums I've been on have the Brits laughing about it and wondering when we'll stop going mental over it
    They obviously weren't laughing at Maradona, so they can shove their double-standards up their proverbial hole.

We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.
    Speak for yourself.

Get a life, please.
    The internet is just another way to voice an opinion to the world. Who knows, with enough public out-cry, he'll never live it down. It doesn't matter to me whether he cares or not, it's the act itself that wasn't cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    This post saddens me . We even hate ourselves
    Self-loathing is a trait of every good Irishman.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    JEBUS....just amazed reading your posts how wonderfully straightforward life is for you a football fan whose team were just knocked out of the world cup (controversially apparently..according to almost everyone else)..just one question.....How is Walter Mitty these days
    Bring back the plank

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    Me too. This forum has been depressing most of this campaign. Such self hatred is sad
    and what British replica jersey do you strut around the Four Green Fields with tears rolling down your patriotic cheeks...

No extra gargle session this summer for you. Deal with it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    he'll never live it down.
    He is going to the WC this summer along with his countrymen. You are not.

They don't care. No reason why they should. You and the other arm-wringing hysterics need to examine the true purpose of your lives and what direction it is taking that this bull**** means so much to you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Lost respect for him when he sat down beside Dunne last night as if he gave a f**k about how the Irtish players were feeling. It was a well calculated when in diffusing a situation, sneaky fooker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    He is going to the WC this summer along with his countrymen. You are not.

They don't care. No reason why they should. You and the other arm-wringing hysterics need to examine the true purpose of your lives and what direction it is taking that this bull**** means so much to you.
    There's a possibility that had we qualified, I might not have been going to the World Cup either. What's your point???

Like I said, I'm not worried about his conscience, but there are certainly problems within the whole system which cause controversies such as last night. I don't take kindly to your accusation of being an 'arm wringing hysteric' either, so I think you should retract that. You think I and others don't have other problems outside of soccer and the Irish national team? I know it's bull****, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's unacceptable within the game. Should we just be apathetic to such things, just because they aren't as important as paying the rent or feeding the kids? What's the problem with contesting such occurrences and voicing discontent? There is no problem with it in this case as far as I'm concerned, but my life won't shut down because of it, as you seem to believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    If the shoe was on the other foot....

I would be ashamed, I would be happy to play the game again, I dont want to see any player cheating to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    In Ireland, among some of us

People seem to think the rest of the world actually care about this.

Other forums I've been on have the Brits laughing about it and wondering when we'll stop going mental over it
    can you give us the address of some of these forums?

cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Get a life, please.
    You may need help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    and what British replica jersey do you strut around the Four Green Fields with tears rolling down your patriotic cheeks...

No extra gargle session this summer for you. Deal with it.

you really need to calm down. the people here are your countrymen. we're all here because we want a moan - why are you here - to show us how much more composed you are and how much more in perspective you keep things.

spare us.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast