Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Thierry Henry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I believe that police are called into investigate death threats made against Henry on the internet.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    You wont find a more anti-Irish correspondent than our friend Rod.

Read his previous writing - he has never had any support for the Irish, so rather strange that he "lost it" now.

A little Englander from a bygone era.
    Last edited by Paddy Garcia; 23/11/2009 at 9:18 PM. Reason: lol - said ron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Rod is a bit of a joke, take no notice.

JUST how thick is Diego Maradona, on a scale that has Stephen Hawking at one end and a Tupperware box containing some curly endive that has been left at the back of the fridge for several months at the other? I think he’s well towards the aged salad end of the scale, frankly. In Argentina they call him La Mano de Dios — The Hand of God — for that famous act of cheating against England. You wonder if a more apt description might be La Cerebro de Peter Andre.

The fat, dwarfish cokehead recently decided that he needed to recharge his batteries, get his head together for the final round of qualifying games for the 2010 World Cup finals. Diego is the manager of the Argentine national side; yes, I know you know that, but it needs to be repeated every so often because incredulity is a sly and insinuating beast. It is a little as if England had decided to appoint Benny from Crossroads as manager (and sure, okay, I suppose we came pretty close to that with Steve McClaren).

Maradona is currently shepherding Argentina towards oblivion; with any luck they will miss their first World Cup finals in 40 years, being pipped to the post by such giants as Chile and Paraguay and Ecuador. The next round of matches is less than a month away, and Maradona decided to retire to a clinic, as you do, to purge himself of any possible toxins and bad thoughts. Now, he could have chosen a clinic anywhere in the world to hole up for a few days and start plotting what to say to the press when his side get stuffed by Peru. But of the 190 or so countries in the world, Maradona chose to grace Italy with his presence. Bad idea, bad idea, fat boy.

The reason it was a really dumb idea was that Maradona is a crook, as well as being a cheat, and owes the Italian authorities at least £30m in unpaid taxes, dating from the time he played for FC Napoli. So far, despite repeated demands and imprecations from the Italians, Maradona has paid back only about £38,000 of his debt, or a bit more than 0.1% of his total bill. So he’s sitting in his expensive room somewhere in the shaded pink hills of the Dolomites, maybe relaxing after a coconut milk bath and massage, and there’s a sharp rap at the door. It’s the local old bill, and they’ve come to fleece him of his possessions.

This is embarrassing enough, but it’s what the Bolzano authorities take from him that really brings a smile to the lips. They take his lovely, expensive earrings, the nice ones he likes to wear after watching his team lose 3-0 at home to Tierra Del Fuego or the Galapagos or whomsoever. His special earrings he wears on a big night out. What a jessie. I am still not sure why the Italians didn’t arrest him and bung him in prison for a few months, although I’m glad they didn’t, because that would probably mean that the Argies got a new manager and would qualify for South Africa after all. Come on, none of us (south of Jedburgh, at least) wants that. No, it’s enough that they took away his earrings and left him whining at the injustice of it all in his clinic. Diego, incidentally, argues that Napoli should pay his tax bill for him. Quite right: I think they should pay mine, too. And Ken Dodd’s.

God alone knows what possessed the Argentinians to allow him to manage the national side. It’s true that he has been after the job for quite a while, and in 2000 offered to do it for free. Nobody was terribly interested, to tell the truth: in Buenos Aires he is viewed much as we view Paul Gascoigne — as a loveable imbecile who was once very good at football and is now a sadly troubled maniac living on a planet very, very far from Earth.

Shortly after kindly offering to manage one of the best teams in the world, Maradona had a cocaine-induced heart attack, suffered liver failure as a consequence of being a chronic ****head, and a gastric bypass and staples in his stomach because he was so fat. Somehow these travails persuaded the perfectly rational and sensible Julio Grondona, head of Argentina’s FA equivalent, that Maradona was the man for the national team. Captain Fats was duly unveiled to an incredulous public in late October last year. It is true that the Argies had not begun their World Cup qualifying campaign with much panache, losing to the hated political enemies of Chile. But still. You think the Chile defeat was bad, senors? Watch this, then.

Maradona has managed before, of course — and perhaps his previous record convinced Grondona that he was the man for the job. In the early and mid-1990s Diego had two stabs at management, neither of which exceeded a dozen games in charge. In his first stint, at Mandiyu de Corrientes, he presided over one win in 12 games. In his next, at one of Argentina’s top four clubs, Racing, he improved by more than 100%, recording two wins in 11 games. He has the lowest percentage success rate of any manager you care to mention, a record he has maintained with admiral devotion while running the national side. Incidentally, he is not even qualified to be a manager. He hasn’t passed any of those coaching courses, although the relevant certificates were awarded to him anyway “for the simple reason that he is called Maradona”, as the authorities put it.

This may be the last straw. Or the second-last straw. Before their crucial World Cup games against the hopeless Peru and the rather more combative Uruguay, Argentina are due to play Ghana in a friendly. This game is expected to be taken by Maradona’s No 2, the experienced (and not entirely supportive) Carlos Bilardo. If the Argies win that, don’t be surprised if Maradona is quietly eased out of the national side — which would be a great, great shame for all of us.
    Attaboy Rod, of course we shouldn't hold a grudge....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Do you think we should boycott those orange Henry vacuum cleaners?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Will Henry refund Irish fans?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    Do you think we should boycott those orange Henry vacuum cleaners?
    My house is a mess, havent been able to use the feckin thing since last wednesday
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    Haha! I wonder if Rovers fans can get a refund fro Mr Kelly! It was never a penalty................no harm in trying!
    Till d End!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A precedent set by Wigan Athletic players after 9-1 defeat... I like this one I have to say. Call it all in €600 all in (flight tickets accomodation, etc) per person x 15,000 fans = thats a whooping €9,000,000.00 Mr Henry

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Murfinator or anyone else any chance you downloaded that video of your man with the Chelsea jersey in that video on YouTube "Henry Hanball Against Ireland"? Or if you got an email of it, I missed it, it was taken down bfore I got to see it but I heard it ws very good

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    if he wouldnt mind just collecting my clothes bag and my mates bag from charles de gaulle airport which we left there and bringing them over to me in ireland then id be happy cos then id know that he is truly sorry
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vidic-class View Post
    Murfinator or anyone else any chance you downloaded that video of your man with the Chelsea jersey in that video on YouTube "Henry Hanball Against Ireland"? Or if you got an email of it, I missed it, it was taken down bfore I got to see it but I heard it ws very good
    fraid not man, if you're wondering what happened in it he criticised henry fairly heavily calling him a cheat etc, then lit a picture of his face on fire and followed that up with some fairly grim wishes such as hoping he "burned in hell" and that he got a "career ending injury"

Harsh but it was recorded immediately after the game so I can fully understand how he was feeling. I'll have a look round youtube to see if anyone uploaded a copy of it

edit: Can't find it but I found the profile of the guy who made it -> http://www.youtube.com/user/teebanmingle
    He's sure to have a copy himself if you were to ask for it.
    Last edited by Murfinator; 24/11/2009 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    you would almost feel sorry for henry and domenech at this stage

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1124/domenchr.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post

What a pair of kuntz. Theyve got no class. Domenech is a muppet and Henry showed himself up to be the low-life that he is.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Bites View Post
    A precedent set by Wigan Athletic players after 9-1 defeat... I like this one I have to say. Call it all in €600 all in (flight tickets accomodation, etc) per person x 15,000 fans = thats a whooping €9,000,000.00 Mr Henry
    Small change for Thierry....But what about the rest of the campaign?
    Call it €100 million to make sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post

The whole thing has nearly turned full circle. They got pelters for a couple of days but Henry and Domenech are coming across as the victims now.

Whatever about Henry I think I am even less impressed by Domenech who seems to be an utter charlatan.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As long as there is no instant video replays and challenges in soccer, it will be forever a flawed sport, where honest teams can be cheated out of a draw or win by cheating teams and players.

Without video replays, the cheat will always thrive in soccer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Following the English's strong support for us in the last few days, I think I'll wish them well in the WC, dont want them to win obviously but if they come up against France I hope they hockey them. France to have a campaign like the 2002 WC would suit me just fine.

On the flip side, if we draw them for the Euros, id like them to have a good campaign and Domenech to stay on. Can you just imagine!!! Whats the betting Henry would retire after the WC!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    I was debating ENG vs FRA possibility with a pal yesterday. I decided that as I've only hated France for a week I'll root for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Following the English's strong support for us in the last few days
    Ah ya can't beat a bit of post-colonial guilt for the English press to come out in support of the 'plucky Irish'.

I'd rather a boring 0-0 draw if the two meet than either to win. But if the chips were down I'd root for France. JUST!!!

However, I much prefer seeing the former colonies beating the colonisers a la Senegal V France, Ireland V England, Scotland V England etc

(although technically the French and English consistently colonised each other for hundreds of years )
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast