Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: France V Ireland - Wednesday, 18th November 2009 - World Cup 2010 Playoff Second Leg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Is there any justice in football???? Work your ass off for 120 mins and give everything for the cause blood and guts. As players playing for all your life your one aim is play in a world cup.
    Make no mistakes about it this is the end of the road for alot of our players.
    My heart goes out to all of them.

And of all people to cheat against us a man who's ex wife who had his child is Irish?

Cheating is a word thats not a word any football fan wants to use but Michel Platini and Sepp Blater et al I hope you happy FIFA Fair Play my hole.....
    "Joe Jordan is off to watch Young Boys tomorrow" Ian Darke

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    Mate the difference is the ref saw them and he didnt get away with it!!!
    That's pretty much the point I'm making though.

I know it's hard to be rational and objective so soon after the event and it doesn't make it any less sickening.

I do think the case is now firmly made for a video referee to review penalty area incidents, it's the only way to deal with things like that.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    well the match was a draw so....(I know we won over 90 mins but dont think that counts)
    I think the games will be judged seperately we will pick up some decent points for beating France away I think because they are high ranked, the win over 90 mins counted at Betfair for me anyway, but nothing makes up for being cheated out of a place in the finals.
    The good thing about it is the team walk away with their heads held high, they are not a defeated team but a cheated team, the only player who should hang his head in shame is the bald headed one.
    I think I might have an extra half pint tonight...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    French *****!!!! All the crap negativity before the game on here...... stick it.... we went out and got cheated, panalties at least we deserved, out played them all the way.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    First of all, linesman has to see the offside! Its a dead ball. Mcshane has to head it. Anybody else in the world would, even then he could of thrown an arm in front of henry, protect the ball. The linesman is back in play then and has to see it. Even when all the irish players throw up their arms, he should reevaluate and call handball. Its a disgrace. If eduardo can be punished retroactivly then so should henry, linesman, Mcshame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Unreal to be honest. Day light robbery.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    now let's not be rash!

sick as a dog. We didnt deserve tht at all. well done lads, you did us proud. Kilbane was excellent, Dunne and Sledge were mountains, O'Shea was excellent, Duffer ran his socks off and his tears nearly got me going down the same road at the end. Robbie was fantastic and proved to any naysayers he's world class. Shame our subs were Gibson and McShane. no offence to the lads but what I wouldve given to see Stephen Reid and Finnan coming on instead....

Bring in a video ref now!!!
    robbie was fantastic worked his ass of but if he was world class he would have scored instead of trying to take ball round keeper .

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sepp Blatter wanted to seed the teams to help the big sides get through and he got his wish, with the exception of Russia. I hope he sleeps well tonight following the results. The playoffs bore a hint of suspicion as they were seeded at late notice. If there was any hint of corruption in this, and it would have to be proven, then there should be a police investigation. After Henry's handball, the worst bit of blatant cheating against the Irish ever, I don't think that he would be comfortable walking any street in Ireland after that. He has disgraced himself and has made himself a National Villain and I hope that no one buys an Henry jersey again after that. All Thierry Henry merchandise should be boycotted.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I blame the refs not Henry. The sad thing is the main ref had a great game up until then. If O'Shea, Duff, Doyle, or Keane had put away their chances it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 18/11/2009 at 10:20 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought you guys played very well tonight, much better than the first leg and deserved a lot more. On a more positive note, good to see slovenia going through, at least upsetting the FiFA mafia a bit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Well done lads,great support and well deserved the win..well done henry i hope you sleep well tonight.i actually cant believe whats just happened
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    It'll be interesting to see how long the cheat takes to update his twitter page..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    I blame the refs not Henry. The sad thing is the main ref had a great game up until then. If O'Shea, Duff, Doyle, or Keane had put away their chances it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Deliberate handball from a guy who passes himself off as a gentleman.

A sh!t performance from the linesman, and very poor defending from Paul McShane to let Henry in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't blame Henry. If I had have been in the position to do the same and get Ireland to the world cup I would have. Anyone who says they wouldn't is deluded or lying. The blame lies with the officials. The ref has to see it. It's also offside, missing that is just as bad, it was so obvious!

Wonderful performance, moral victory, blah blah blah. We should have won it in normal time and if we were in any way clinical we'd be sorting out trips to S.A. Theres a lot more to look at in this than the officials incompetence. McShane's role in the squad would be a good place to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how long the cheat takes to update his twitter page..
    Definitely not in a hurry when the Irish gives him a piece of their mind!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have never been as despondent in my life. Feel like sitting up all night and drinking my sorrows away. Cant even face work tomorrow.

Is this justice? No

Just cant get over how good we played, and the end reward. What a kick in the teeth.

Someone cheer me up please?!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgycanadian View Post
    I hope Henry ends up like Robert Enke....... he is a knacker, I cant believe that.

This says it all though, we all asked ourselves before the tie, will the refs and linesman turn a blind eye to a vital hand ball or dodgy call, and this was it. The linesman had a direct view of the play. There is no possible way he missed it unless he was thinking about his payoff. He called keane numerous times for the slightest hand balls...... Hope Henry gets hit by a bus
    How many times before the home game did Brady make a point of saying the media that ref has to be strong and call the game correctly. His suspicions came home to roost tonight.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FIFA will turn a blind eye to it all... lets be honest they condoned all of this in the first place by changing the goal posts and seeding the draw.

If this was the other way round they wouldn't think twice about stepping in.
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffler View Post
    Someone cheer me up please?!!
    Sepp Blatter or Michel Platini might!!

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast