Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Rumours Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Fair play to O'Neill if that's true. Rovers can still win the league while keeping to a strict budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).
    I don't know why your putting us in the bracket with the two "rich" clubs. Fair enough, if we win the cup we might have a bit money, but we are not stupid enough to go offering big money to players when our budget probably won't be much more than last season. We only have Conor O'Grady ( who is part time) , Matt Blinkhorn and Chris Turner singed for next season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Galway.

Its on the Galway Utd forum that apparently Vinny Faherty and John Russell are going to Hibs.John Russell i'll believe but i sincerely doubt Vinny is going,not good enough.
    Seamus Conneely will be going im sure,3 caps now for the Irish U21 side.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    I don't know why your putting us in the bracket with the two "rich" clubs. Fair enough, if we win the cup we might have a bit money, but we are not stupid enough to go offering big money to players when our budget probably won't be much more than last season. We only have Conor O'Grady ( who is part time) , Matt Blinkhorn and Chris Turner singed for next season.
    Purely on the basis that they signed Turner on more than the other Rovers were willing to offer him to be honest, that and the fact they've allegedly been talking to Ndo too, who won't come cheap. Obviously if Peers, Cretaro, Boco and Co. leave it'll free up wages for Sligo but they seem to be starting off by splashing the cash, which, for now at least, makes them one of that elite group.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    one of the section o lads was drinking in Quinns Drumcondra last weekend and directly across them was Paul Cook and Joey NDo chatting away.. So the deal must be on! you could hear everything that was going on!
    was in quinns and overheard the converstation it when like this

"€15,000 deal or no deal"

"Im a celebraty get me out of here"

i think thats what i heard but cant be sure as there was a tv on beside them
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Purely on the basis that they signed Turner on more than the other Rovers were willing to offer him to be honest, that and the fact they've allegedly been talking to Ndo too, who won't come cheap. Obviously if Peers, Cretaro, Boco and Co. leave it'll free up wages for Sligo but they seem to be starting off by splashing the cash, which, for now at least, makes them one of that elite group.
    Do you know that for certain and if so what is your source?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    As far as the Turner deal went, i think Chris just wanted security. Shams probably weren't able to offer him a contract just now, and with his partner having a baby next month, he wanted the security of regular income. If i was'nt a Sligo Rovers fan, and had the choice of Sligo or Shams, i probably would have picked Shams. But with the situation Chris finds himself in, he needs financial security.

On Ndo, i think he's a fanstastic footballer but is probably a bit too old to perform week in, week out now. I'd take him if he wasn't on big money, but if he was looking for €600+ i'd tell him where to go.

I have a feeling Peers and Boco might stay, Raf is in world of his own and thinks he's Pele, so best of luck to him wherever he goes.
    I don't think Rovers(Sligo) will be splashing the cash this year or next though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think that goes for all the players though... They want a contract, they want to know they'll have an income next season so the sooner that comes around I reckon the sooner they would be willing to sign for a team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    I think that goes for all the players though... They want a contract, they want to know they'll have an income next season so the sooner that comes around I reckon the sooner they would be willing to sign for a team.
    Probably why 6 or 7 of our players signed on for next season before this season even ended. Players will more than likely jump at any half decent contract offer now...
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I'd say O'Neill has no choice but to look to Scotland. He's releasing a lot of players, a few I was surprised at, and players like Turner have already turned them down because O'Neill refuses to budge from the wage structure and budget that's been set. The only way he'll be able to plug the gaps is with imported players willing to conform to the rigid structures there, a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).
    can you tell me who we have signed on big money this off season and how much we are paying them? Thanks.

See, last i heard is that we will be dropping our budget significantly, have released a number of high earners, have resigned some current players on smaller contracts and havent actually signed ANY new players so far. The one player we were linked with actually refused to join us as we wouldnt pay what he was looking for.

So i just want to know what it is you have heard. Thanks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fabio O'Brien has gone down to Malta to Roddy, is training there now I think.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redie View Post
    Do you know that for certain and if so what is your source?
    I've been posting on here for a long time and my information is generally very reliable. There's a lot of stuff I'd love to post on here that I wouldn't out of respect for my source and I certainly won't be revealing any names.

This is a rumours thread so I don't think I need to either. Maybe I need to put more allegedly's in my posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    As far as the Turner deal went, i think Chris just wanted security. Shams probably weren't able to offer him a contract just now, and with his partner having a baby next month, he wanted the security of regular income. If i was'nt a Sligo Rovers fan, and had the choice of Sligo or Shams, i probably would have picked Shams. But with the situation Chris finds himself in, he needs financial security.

On Ndo, i think he's a fanstastic footballer but is probably a bit too old to perform week in, week out now. I'd take him if he wasn't on big money, but if he was looking for €600+ i'd tell him where to go.

I have a feeling Peers and Boco might stay, Raf is in world of his own and thinks he's Pele, so best of luck to him wherever he goes.
    I don't think Rovers(Sligo) will be splashing the cash this year or next though.
    Sligo are full time and pay their players over 52 weeks where as Shamrock Rovers only pay their players for 42 weeks, so if Turner was in need of income in the short term then Sligo certainly made more sense for him, seeing as he wouldn't be paid until January/February by Shamrock Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    can you tell me who we have signed on big money this off season and how much we are paying them? Thanks.

See, last i heard is that we will be dropping our budget significantly, have released a number of high earners, have resigned some current players on smaller contracts and havent actually signed ANY new players so far. The one player we were linked with actually refused to join us as we wouldnt pay what he was looking for.

So i just want to know what it is you have heard. Thanks.
    Key points bolded below, it's speculation to an extent, I believe Shelley has been offered a 3 year deal on more than he's on at the moment (I've also heard they're hoping he'll sign it and then the two English clubs interested will have to pay a transfer fee), they've also offered more money than Rovers to players both clubs are interested in, or so I'm told. Signings will start to become public soon. I realise Bohs have released Crowe and Ndo so that frees up budget, so I'm not having a go or anything, I just don't think they'll be cutting back significantly and players see to be aware of this.

I'd say O'Neill has no choice but to look to Scotland. He's releasing a lot of players, a few I was surprised at, and players like Turner have already turned them down because O'Neill refuses to budge from the wage structure and budget that's been set. The only way he'll be able to plug the gaps is with imported players willing to conform to the rigid structures there, a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weecountyman View Post
    Source???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    he was saying how he wanted to leave ireland around the time of the europa run. malta was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    so rovers will be like the irish equivelent of arsenal only instead of french players it will be scottish.

i would love boco and peers at dalymount btw.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Source???
    Floriana supporters forum, he's training with the team. Apparently Valletta wanted him but he's keeping native, so to speak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Apparently Valletta wanted him but he's keeping native, so to speak.

He's going to Hibs??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Anyone else think this is actually a step down for him?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).
    Turner turned down shamrock so the main reason has to be money any player that signs for Bohs will be getting 1k or less just like last year.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadruple1928 View Post
    any player that signs for Bohs will be getting 1k or less just like last year.
    Are you deluded or just having a laugh?

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast