Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The PA Announcer at Croke Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    The PA wasn't all bad last night though. The French girl telling the frogs not to smoke and to stay behind after the game sounded great.
    She sounded seriously hot, it has to be said.

Yer man announcing the attendance was a disaster, I couldn't believe my ears.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't like him at all, but I dislike the timing of the adverts far more. I can accept them being there, as obviously the FAI have to make money, but they are often on at the most inappropriate of times. Surely they could have left the ads off until the team had left and everyone had finished applauding them. They totally kill the atmosphere.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurphyc View Post
    I don't like him at all, but I dislike the timing of the adverts far more. I can accept them being there, as obviously the FAI have to make money, but they are often on at the most inappropriate of times. Surely they could have left the ads off until the team had left and everyone had finished applauding them. They totally kill the atmosphere.
    they would say that if they wait till then the ads will be shown to an empty stadium

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    they would say that if they wait till then the ads will be shown to an empty stadium
    That would probably be the reasoning, but there was a huge amount of people staying behind until the players left the pitch. There still would have been plenty of people in the stadium after the pitch was empty.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Probably because I'd had a good few scoops before the game, however, every time an incident happened on the pitch, Id look up at the screen to see" Action Replay" and Id be thinking here we go, we'll see what happened now, only to see a pesky advert.

I must have done it 3 or 4 times before eventually kopping on - The Gargle has definitely dimmed me brained as they say........
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurphyc View Post
    yeah, those adds were annoying and a distraction
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproston Green View Post
    Yeah, the guy is very annoying, has a squeaky little nervous voice like his voice is just breaking and someone is tickling his nether regions
    Yeah - he was vaguely reminiscent of that generic adolescent character with the squeeky voice from The Simpsons who tends to have menial jobs at Krusty Burger etc.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Probably because I'd had a good few scoops before the game, however, every time an incident happened on the pitch, Id look up at the screen to see" Action Replay" and Id be thinking here we go, we'll see what happened now, only to see a pesky advert.

I must have done it 3 or 4 times before eventually kopping on - The Gargle has definitely dimmed me brained as they say........
    I do it every time even when I haven't been drinking. It angers me.

They show action replays during the rugby (I was given a free ticket yesterday about 10 minutes before kick off and it was the first rugby game I've ever been to at croker. The atmosphere was awful. Worse than any soccer friendly I've ever been to. And the 'shussh'ing that goes on before opposition penalties is pathetic. Sanctimonious, holier than thou tossers to a man.)
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I do it every time even when I haven't been drinking. It angers me.

They show action replays during the rugby (I was given a free ticket yesterday about 10 minutes before kick off and it was the first rugby game I've ever been to at croker. The atmosphere was awful. Worse than any soccer friendly I've ever been to. And the 'shussh'ing that goes on before opposition penalties is pathetic. Sanctimonious, holier than thou tossers to a man.)

that's a munster habit. good in limerick, odd elsewhere.

they don't need to shush in munster

i think the replay thing is they don't kike the idea that contentious stuff could be shown while the ref is deciding.

pity..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    he is the same guy that does all of Lenister's game in RDS and has bad timing and is terrible with timing all season so nothing new only thing i don't get is that why he is still doing it
    Complete gimp, playing music after the home team scores has no place at soccer or rugby matches. Its embarrassing to be honest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    i think the replay thing is they don't kike the idea that contentious stuff could be shown while the ref is deciding.
    They were showing adds at the soccer instead of replays, what was that about? Was headwrecking because we had a sh*te view and were depending on the big screen, the fai would sell their granny to make a few extra pound.
    Last edited by Leeside Swagger; 16/11/2009 at 1:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    it was the first rugby game I've ever been to at croker. the 'shussh'ing that goes on before opposition penalties is pathetic. Sanctimonious, holier than thou tossers to a man.)
    Do us a favour and don't go to any more.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    The adverts at the very end are annoying. The sheer volume of them.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And the 'shussh'ing that goes on before opposition penalties is pathetic. Sanctimonious, holier than thou tossers to a man.)
    Eh, no. That's called tradition, same as the soccer team turning to face the flag for the anthem. There's a tradition of silence before rugby place kicks in almost every ground in these islands; the development of the kids shouting out during the run up is a very recent one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Yeah - he was vaguely reminiscent of that generic adolescent character with the squeeky voice from The Simpsons who tends to have menial jobs at Krusty Burger etc.
    That's right, I was thinking that myself - good call!

The adverts on the screens are a pain in the rear too, get yourself ready for another look at the 'Action Replay' and then some daft ad appears. I think it was at it's most infuriating when Lawrence's shot was deflected - I keep forgetting, do it evra time (sorry)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    The adverts are a FIFA directive: you're not allowed to show anything that can be contentious. I actually thought that you couldn't show an away teams goal in case the home team fans got angsty.

How bizarre was it to have a former manager take to the field at half time to belt out a folk tune? Just shows how different a game it is now in Ireland to 20 years ago.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i LOVE when he says KEOGH. He sounds like a duck getting pinched!!
    Give it to feet......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=twoenz;1274225]The adverts are a FIFA directive: you're not allowed to show anything that can be contentious. I actually thought that you couldn't show an away teams goal in case the home team fans got angsty.
    [QUOTE]

No way thats true, how is a goal chance contentious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    that's a munster habit. good in limerick, odd elsewhere.
    Silence for the kicker ISN'T only a Munster thing. Jesus H Christ, is there anything Munster Rugby hasn't done....

I'll agree with Superdave that the footy atmosphere was infinitely better than Sunday. But Saturday evening under lights always beats Sunday afternoon when people are laying off the beer.

Roll on Lansdowne anyhoo, the atmosphere for both sports will hopefully be a lot better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    A do-or-die World Cup play-off versus a nothing-at-stake rugby friendly? Not really a valid comparison in terms of atmosphere. Have a listen to the singing of the national anthems the day England first came to Croker.....

The only time anyone needs to be shushed for a goal kick is when some clot who doesn't understand the ethos of the game is given a free ticket.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast