Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Paddy Purcell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Paddy Purcell

Hi Lads:

More rumours abounding now about Paddy Purcell leaving. This would be the final straw for lots of us i feel. The exodus of players has been hard to take but losing Paddy would be a bitter pill to swallow.

He is the Captain and leader of our team and we need him to stay, if we are playing this season, to bring us back together as a unit especially if we are bringing in imports to play for us!!.

JohnD

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly. While not trying to be overly verbose, I believe that Paddy Purcell has shown himself to be both one of the best defenders in the country and a true leader for Limerick FC.

With so many gone at this stage, I think that losing Paddy would be the last straw. He seemed to really inspire the lads last year on the pitch through the hard times, and doubtless he was a huge factor in our success last year.

Next year's team is going to be somewhat rag-tag and disbanded, and I think the only thing that might breed success is the unity Paddy inspires in the squad.

All that said, I think we should respect whatever decision he makes and wish him the best in his career, whether that is in Limerick or elsewhere.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Lose Paddy and we might as well just throw in the towel now. He is a fine defender but it is his leadership abilities and the manner in which he drives on his team-mates that we would miss even more. I need only point to the 3-1 defeat in Dundalk last season. Paddy wasn't playing and we looked, quite frankily, lost without him. On the off chance that he reads this, I'm imploring with him to stay for another year. Give us a chance. I remeber when he squeezed my poor little hand to hell when I presented him with the player of the month trophy. In spite of this I really, really, really, really hope he stays!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

captain paddy

agree with all of the above. i met paddy last year when he was heading over to amsterdam (he was over for trials with ajax and i was getting some weed ) nice guy all round and i just wont be able to give the guy abuse if he signs with another team. I wih him well if he goes, but hope he stays to keep that back line (our only line) together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

sorry guys

but Paddy Purcell looks to be on his way to Waterford.

It is absolutley dispicable as to what has happened to Limerick FC. Christ we need you to be in this league and to lose Limerick FC would indeed be a travesty since the third largest city in Ireland would be without a representative.

I recall just over a year ago with the rants of Lims Fan and how you told him to shut up. You know what, he was right. Smalltime club run by smalltime committee running a once famous club into the ground. Well guess what folks, thats exactly what happened.

I know one hates to be cruel to be kind but I think LFC should fold and let a new club be formed. A new club means new people, ne ideas and of course the fans, you guys will be ever present to input a new set of fresh ideas and give the impetus Limerick needs. Yo are a credit to yourselves, to soccer in Limerick and your club, despite the fact that Limerick FC is being run by decrepid, filthy, and tactless twits who couldnt organize a **** up in the proverbial brewry.

If the FAI say a big NO come Saturday, I wouldnt go jumping off the 27th floor. Something positive I think will come out of this. If the FAI say YES, then Limerick's agony will continue into what will really be a stay of execution. Make no mistake, the present manifestation of Limerick soccer is holding back the eL. I mean come on, Limerick FC is a joke, junior clubs in the 4th Division beerbelly Sunday League have a far better set up than your supposed semi professional club playing in the National League for ****s sake.

A NO decision come Saturday will mean the end of Limerick Fc but take the example of the Cork lads, they picked up the pieces after the Cork Celtic and Cork Hibs fiasco and turned the corner, now look at them. I'm sure Limerick can do the same thing, and I know they will because of you, the fans. slk I have met you personally as well as Blue is Beautiful. gael 353. You probably dont remember me (jackman Park, Waterford V Limerick Nov '02 at half time, it was 3-1 to Waterford)but one thing that struck me was your enthuasism for LFC.

At this moment Limerick FC with its committe and Board is a cancer on Irish soccer and the sooner that they are removed, the better. You need to start afresh with a new club and new members to finally rid the Club of its shady past in which no businessman in Limerick will touch the set up with a 400ft barge pole.

Catch mo drift.

By the way IF you do actually get a derogodation from the FAI, well dont expect to be challenging for promotion.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Partizan has a point there alright. The best thing LFC could hope to do is to get rid of the incompetent shower who are destroying that club and if it means starting from afresh, so be it- its not like the club has much in the way of assets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You're not the same Partizan as on the EL board are you?

Good post anyway. I'd agree with pretty much all of it. If we are kept in I see very little hope that we will move on, it will be the same **** with fans pulling our hair out at the "committee's" lies.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The latest is that he's in serious negotiation with Dublin City and it looks like a deal will be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

met paddy

met paddy last night after training, he told us he'd like to give premier footbal a go fr a season. Sligo is out cos there would be no point as its in the first div, so dublin city and waterford and us are his only options. wewished him well as we dont see how he could he stay with us with no plaers like? If he ws staying he was to sign by tonight

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to agree with Partizan, maybe reforming the club
    should be done a new Identity can make a difference

Why not a good old strong name " THOMOND FC"

with fresh young blood who are eager and willing to
    make things happen and bring a Soccer back to Limerick
    a city that loves sport, and all you ghave to do is look
    at Thomond park for a rugby match,

Being Ignorant of the fact In have a question
    with Thomoand park being fairly Idle during summer
    and having Flood light and I imagine could meet the EUFA
    criteria for Licencing, could Limerck FC play there
    as the FAI and IRFU are very cosy ??
    As I say I am Ignorant as I live in co Meath, but would
    not like to see anything happen to Limerick
    as Partizan said the league need Limerick and all the Rural
    teams

B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

its good but old

we've been saying this about thomond park for 3 years now to our committee. They, well some of them say that its their priority, whilst others say its in the offing. Put it this way, if we're not in Thomond Park next season we're not in football simple as that. Again your idea for Thomond FC has merrit but we'll give te committee a chance to resign first...