SCP = Salary Cap Protocol (65% rule)

(i hope!)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ah right
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Major problems facing the league as I see it

- Poorly run clubs
    - Poorly run leagues
    - Lack of interest in Irish football
    - Lack of interest in the First Division

The easiest way to sort the first two problems are for the FAI to stick to their own guidelines and punish clubs accordingly when they step out of line, also they need to stop looking for quick fixes. I realise that Cork were in poor shape when the reigns were handed over to Coughlan but surely guarantees should have been sought as to his suitability for the ownership?

The third point won't ever change dramatically, the LoI will always be a niche market and will never be able to compete with the likes of Liverpool or United for supporters. So what though, that's the way football is going across the globe anyway, give it 10-20 years and if your club haven't made the big table (whatever that will be) then you've been left behind, we've just got to this stage sooner. Also I remember a certain Cork fan telling me that Cork have the potential to be bigger than Sheffield Wednesday or Nottm Forest, that type of nonsense needs to be stamped out because if you're trying to fight the lack of creditability the league has with barstoolers saying things like that isn't going to help.

The fourth point needs to be addressed quite quickly. There's no point to the First Division, the support just isn't there for it so I'd abolish it altogether and set in motion having provincial leagues as the pyramid structure underneath the top division. With Kildare and Derry gone you can create a 20 team Premier if you wish, or you could kick out two or four other clubs (not gonna touch the criteria for doing that), and have a 16-18 team division.

Do that and it might help the league, might not either however

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's been changed so many times at this stage there's no more can be done, focus needs to switched to improving attendances than changing the league structure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123