Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kildare about to go bust?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Sounds more like a local GAA match than anything else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    Sounds more like a local GAA match than anything else...
    Not really, no refs were bundled into boots and although I believe he was present, the parish priest refrained from assaulting anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Would there be any point in attempting to get Newbridge into the League?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave77 View Post
    strange match in station road. didnt realise how bad the situation was down there. they didnt warm up, they had to wear newbridge towns kit, no manager, 3 subs and the sub goalkeeper came on in a shels jersey.
    Fair play to the players. They are all owed monies yet they all turned up to fulfil the fixture. I believe there was no warm up because the PFAI wanted them not to play. The players insisted on playing saying when they joined they were contracted for the season. They were also contracted to be paid but still wanted to play. Everyone of them have to be congradulated. Honourable men.

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kildare County was the result when Newbridge Town were invited to join the league. Maybe in the future there will be a new club in Kildare in the A league and eventually the first division.

Was nice to see a Kildare man, Trevor Bowers score Kildare Countys last goal with Philly Gorman scoring Kildare Countys first ever competitive goal and it was nice just to see Kildare County score as well.

Very strange feeling arriving at the ground, during and after the game. Good crowd up albeit nearly all shels and just a shame how it has this has all ended. Be tough to take up following anyone else, it definetly won't be the same. Kildare county was a small club with a small fanbase and all the supporters knew each other. I just couldn't see it being the same anywhere else.

Fair play to the lads for turning out and playing.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Would there be any point in attempting to get Newbridge into the League?
    Kildare County were the attempt to get Newbridge into the league. They saw what happened St Francis and decided to keep the LOI side completely seperate from the LSL side in case things turned out bad

Pretty savvy in the end
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Fair play to the lads indeed

Won't follow any club to be honest, unless everyone else's dream on these boards comes through and a Navan club joins up

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Kildare County were the attempt to get Newbridge into the league. They saw what happened St Francis and decided to keep the LOI side completely seperate from the LSL side in case things turned out bad

Pretty savvy in the end
    County were born when Newbridge Town turned down an invite to join but they were never the same club. Town did however have a board member.
    I don't think Town have any interest in joining the LOI.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Lads, I understand how much of a farce KCFC were tonight, and appreciate people's feelings on it. But, given it's context, I'm kinda proud.

Those charged with running the club, including our manager, threw in the towel and left the club before season's end. Instead of folding, and not finishing the season, the fans and players grouped together to at least go out with some dignity. Philly Hughes took up the managers position, and a team of around ten volunteer fans ran the match-day event. Fair play to them all.

Sure, Mr Sommerville didn't arrive, and didn't let us have our jerseys, but the team played in Newbridge Town youth jerseys. They played knowing they would never be paid the wages they were owed. The fans ran the show knowing nobody would be there to thank them at the end of the night. It might have looked like a farce, but in a way, KCFC tonight was a picture of what football is all about - community and pride, even when the going gets tough.

I wish I was there, but college work kept me away - which has me fierce down. However, from what I have heard, everyone at Station Road tonight can hold their heads high.

I made some friends for life at KCFC. We had our ups and downs, more downs than ups, but it was worth it. I wish we could do it all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Lads, I understand how much of a farce KCFC were tonight, and appreciate people's feelings on it. But, given it's context, I'm kinda proud.

Those charged with running the club, including our manager, threw in the towel and left the club before season's end. Instead of folding, and not finishing the season, the fans and players grouped together to at least go out with some dignity. Philly Hughes took up the managers position, and a team of around ten volunteer fans ran the match-day event. Fair play to them all.

Sure, Mr Sommerville didn't arrive, and didn't let us have our jerseys, but the team played in Newbridge Town youth jerseys. They played knowing they would never be paid the wages they were owed. The fans ran the show knowing nobody would be there to thank them at the end of the night. It might have looked like a farce, but in a way, KCFC tonight was a picture of what football is all about - community and pride, even when the going gets tough.

I wish I was there, but college work kept me away - which has me fierce down. However, from what I have heard, everyone at Station Road tonight can hold their heads high.

I made some friends for life at KCFC. We had our ups and downs, more downs than ups, but it was worth it. I wish we could do it all over again.
    Well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post

Fair play to everyone at Kildare that made sure this match went ahead. As was said you can all hold your heads high for that because it would have been easy to just walk away.
    No matter how big or small a club is, it will hurt the fans just as much if they die out so I feel sorry for all County fans that this has happened.
    I enjoyed my trips to Station Road and I will be sorry to see you gone.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair play to all concerned tonight. But Pat/Joey your a joke and a liar you got rid of Mick/Regenia for what for this

Not to show tonight is so so SAD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I'll miss davidatrb's professionally compiled match highlights. UCD used some of his footage on the season's highlight's compliation last night.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    As a supporter of a club that nearly went out of business last year I can
    sympathise with Kildare County fans. Never good to see a club go under.
    rowds were never great but fair play to all those who did turn up home and
    away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    You know what, I can't keep up anymore. Derry City thrown out, Kildare County out of business, many others close to going to the wall. The way it's all going, we may not have a league to follow in 10 years. What a mess. Sorry to see you go Thoroughbreds.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    It will be a farce if there's 3 Galway teams in the First Division next year! Best of luck to Kildare County!
    THREE clubs in the FIRST division?

Mervue United.
    Salthill Devon.
    Who is the 3rd club?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    You know what, I can't keep up anymore. Derry City thrown out, Kildare County out of business, many others close to going to the wall. The way it's all going, we may not have a league to follow in 10 years. What a mess. Sorry to see you go Thoroughbreds.
    Lest we forget St. James' Gate, Dublin City, Kilkenny City, Cobh Ramblers, St. Francis, Home Farm et al.

Tragedy.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwood View Post
    Fair play to all concerned tonight. But Pat/Joey your a joke and a liar you got rid of Mick/Regenia for what for this

Not to show tonight is so so SAD.
    That's a pretty pathetic thing to say.

So you think that the club was in great shape until Pat/joey took charge a couple of months ago?

What happened last night is a legacy of bad decisions made down through the years and in reality the club has been slowly dying since the day that Dermot Keely left for Derry.

The club was already in a pretty impossible position when pat/joey took over and if it hadn't ended like it did last night, it would have ended after the sesaon anyway.

It's so sad but I'll always have great memories of the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildareman View Post
    Fair play to the players. They are all owed monies yet they all turned up to fulfil the fixture. I believe there was no warm up because the PFAI wanted them not to play. The players insisted on playing saying when they joined they were contracted for the season. They were also contracted to be paid but still wanted to play. Everyone of them have to be congradulated. Honourable men.
    Well done to them and to the fans who worked hard to finish the season instead of walking away.

I liked going to Station Road. Good stewarding and staff.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    sorry things have come to this and Kildare will be missed by many.Well done to all those loyal fans who kept things going till the bitter end.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast