Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License Still up In Air

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

License Still up In Air

Limerick FC's appeal against the decision not to grant them a First Division license rumbles on. Yesterday Derry City (led by whinger-in-chief of the eL Jim Roddy) were granted a Premier Division license on appeal and Shamrock Rovers were granted a First Division license. The committee responsible for awarding the license require further clarification before making a decision on Limerick's future.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What I'd like to know is who is going to be making the representations to the appeals committee on behalf of the club. Our 'beleagured' chairman is fannying around Boston on some form of junket or either, leaving it in all probability to the other two members of the 'Gang of Three'. This, to be honest, leaves me with the feeling that The Faroe Islands have a better chance of winning the next World Cup than we have of getting a UEFA licence. Why was Noel Hanley booted from the committee, as alluded to in another thread? He would have been the clubs only logical choice to make the representations because of his very long affiliation with the League of Ireland scene.
    Yet another pathetic paragraph to be written in the pathetic existence of a once great club. It makes me sick!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: License Still up In Air

Originally posted by sadloserkid
    Yesterday Derry City (led by whinger-in-chief of the eL Jim Roddy) were granted a Premier Division license on appeal .

Here c'mere a minute there boss,I think you'll find that that wee f*ck Ollie Byrne is the "whinger-in-chief". With regards to the license should we not have appealed? Should we have just accepted the B license even though we fulfilled the criteria for an A license? Kop on,just because we have a pro-active chairman who stands up for the club when he feels its necessary doesnt make him a whinger.If ye lads had a chairman like him youse mightnt be in the f*ck up of a mess yer in.By the way i hope ye get the license,coz this league needs a team from Limerick.Its one of the biggest cities in the country and its a f*ckin disgrace that youse are in the shape yer in.And youse might have more supporters at matches if youse stopped f*ckin stabbin eachother at the weekends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What a very intelligent post...the words pot and kettle come to mind or do ye have very short memories up there ?...Punishment beatings ...etc...etc..!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Originally posted by JohnD
    What a very intelligent post...the words pot and kettle come to mind or do ye have very short memories up there ?...Punishment beatings ...etc...etc..!!!
    Aye but atleast ye can still watch a match in a wheel chair!!!....big difference to trying to watch a match from a wooden box wi a lid on it.By the way i didnt say anything that even hinted to kitchen utensils...like i mean,pot and kettle? what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Originally posted by dancinpants
    Aye but atleast ye can still watch a match in a wheel chair!!!....big difference to trying to watch a match from a wooden box wi a lid on it.By the way i didnt say anything that even hinted to kitchen utensils...like i mean,pot and kettle? what?
    How juvenile is that?! Cop onto yourself you clown. Is it no wonder that the Harps want the RUC in at the Brandywell when they're dealing with imbeciles like you.

And by the way, Limerick was one of the clubs that voted Derry City into the league of Ireland when alot of other clubs didn't want you. Now you're whinging and trying to get Limerick out. You can always count on the british to stab you in the back, eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: Re: License Still up In Air

.By the way i hope ye get the license,coz this league needs a team from Limerick.Its one of the biggest cities in the country and its a f*ckin disgrace that youse are in the shape yer in..
    Who's the clown? Thats what i typed in my first message.F*ckin read it....now tell me,where do i say that i want Limerick thrown out? Ya f*ckin gack!!!.And with regards to the stab thing,i thought ye lads had a sense of humour.Obviously I was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Originally posted by 4tothefloor

And by the way, Limerick was one of the clubs that voted Derry City into the league of Ireland when alot of other clubs didn't want you.
    By the way if it wasnt for Derry City coming into this league in 1985 it would have an even lower profile than it already does.Derry City was a benchmark for other teams to aim for!!!!.So we done ye down here a favour...not the other way about!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

non booters

I think theres a slight misconception here bout certain committee member being booted. nowone has left the committee or been booted. Noel Hanley is stil club sec, Billy Kinnane, Pat Cross and Minie O'Halloran are all involved there just not part of this "limited company" cough! But no committee meetings are taking place at all as now power is laid down from limited company on high! One of the "self apponted" recently said that the committee was now "the management committee" and the "match day committee", something which the newly formed "match day committee knew nothing about lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Angry

If the chairman is in boston who exactly is dealing with our appeal and what are the chances of him bringing back a couple of signings with him?! As for the derry fan the stab insult was a bit rich comin from him. With the peace process on going any chances we can get the neanderthals thrown back into the irish league where they belong? Cliftonville cope alright with "Republican" supporters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Re: Re: Re: License Still up In Air

Who's the clown? Thats what i typed in my first message.F*ckin read it....now tell me,where do i say that i want Limerick thrown out?
    You're still the clown i'm afraid. When I said "You're" I was referring to Derry City FC, not you personally. So now, back into your box like a good Londonderry boy!

And with regards to the stab thing,i thought ye lads had a sense of humour.Obviously I was wrong.
    Oh that ribs me everytime, in tears i do be!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: Re: License Still up In Air

Here c'mere a minute there boss,I think you'll find that that wee f*ck Ollie Byrne is the "whinger-in-chief". With regards to the license should we not have appealed?
    You misunderstood me. I have no objection to Derry appealing the decision to grant them a B license. I have majot problems with Derry (and Derry alone) refusing to allow Limerick and Shamrock Rovers on the fixture list. It was a petty dig and I didn't think much of it to be honest. Then again, I've never thought much of Roddy, which is a pity, because for the most part Derry City's bunch seem great and have been in my experience.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: License Still up In Air

Originally posted by 4tothefloor

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who's the clown? Thats what i typed in my first message.F*ckin read it....now tell me,where do i say that i want Limerick thrown out?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're still the clown i'm afraid. When I said "You're" I was referring to Derry City FC, not you personally. So now, back into your box like a good Londonderry boy!

quote:
    And with regards to the stab thing,i thought ye lads had a sense of humour.Obviously I was wrong.

Oh that ribs me everytime, in tears i do be!
    Fine - can we get back to the football now? Can the Limerick folks lay off the "brit" gags towards the Derry folks and in return they might give up on the "stab" gags. Nice one.

Anyway this Limerick supporter heartily congratulates Derry City on their licence. I only hope we can ultimately follow suit.
    I've always believed yeer club and supporters are a credit to the league and long may they continue to be.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but do Limerick even have a pitch sorted out for the coming season?

Financial worries must also be a concern.

How likely is it that you'll passs the grade on appeal and what are the major obstacles?

I'd hate to se you booted out of the league, as we need regional teams like Cork, Derry, Galway, Longford, Waaaterfurd + Limerick in good shape and in the top flight if we're ever to see the eL prosper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The club has an agreement to play at the Pike again this year. Financial worries are a major problem, but there's no way of finding out how bad the problem is. I would not be surprised at all to see the book thrown at Limerick tomorrow, then again the FAI being the FAI they'll probably swing something if need be and give a derogation of 1 year. Then there's the objection from Derry etc, so its hard to call.

In any case, a 1 year derogation would only be extending the inevitable. Under the current committee there is no way in hell that the club would have everything in place to achieve a licence this time next year. But that's another battle, for another day. The first bridge has to be crossed tomorrow.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Big time

I don't want to get involved in a row with Derry lads ( whom I consider tops and have always enjoyed great craic with whenever in they're patch) but I feel it is necessary to high light a few things about the demise of Limerick senior soccer.

The mis management of the resources of Limerick is legendary going from crowds that would fill the Bradywell twice over to having no ground no team and a hand full of die hard fans, ranks up there with Enron and the fall of the 3rd reich.

This is in a city that is absolutely sport GA GA, full houses at rugby matches that could be sold out 3 times and football and hurling crowds that are the envy of ''successful'' counties as well as this some of the most successful junior soccer clubs in the country.

It's not that I don't envy the Derry achievements but to be honest you are the only show in town and if that was the case in our city in would not only be in Rugby we would have record number of League championships. As well as a big share in European cup finals with our Munster brothers.

Our junior soccer clubs draw crowds for FAI cup matches that regularly exceed most leagues of Ireland attendances across the country. As I am sure you witnessed at the Pike ground in the play offs this is excellent facilities for a junior soccer club.

I disagree with the idea of having a el club in Limerick just to make up the numbers this ailing entity through years and years of mal administration is an embarassment to the sporting city of Limerick and in its present form be allowed to rot and die.

I hope then it will rise again in a new invigorated form a pheonix from the ashes of mismanagement. Limerick city expects and respects success always has always will do failure will always be a b=st=rd in Limerick city.
    You're ruining a grand game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    In response to 4tothefloor,Derry City are NOT seeking the ejection of ANY team from the eL. As was pointed out by another member,we need to have as many provincial teams in the league as possible and that includes representation from Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Here SLK, what have ye got against us getting our Premier Licence? Do ye even know why we appealled? We were caught on 2 issues regarding accounts and legal requirements due to us being in the north, and on the floodlights and a gate opening inwards instead of outwards. Our appeal was successful because we got our accounts and legal status as a registered company in the north sorted out with the Irish Revenue and the FAI, and the structural work was done 2 weeks ago. Why are ye begrudging cos of that?

Anyway, best of luck to yourselves. We need the regional teams, and it would be a tragedy to see Limerick gone. Mind you, comments like that from SLK could leave many people feeling glad for Limerick's situation.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Angry errrhhh

Brandy eire, will you plese stop this your all againts us ****e! SLK didnt say anything was wrong with Derry City football club its fans or what ever, he simply said he had a problem with Jim Roddy for putting rovers and limerick through the ringer again. What part of his post did u get the anti Derry bit from? I dont see it...at all! I like Derry football club, i like your football, i love your women, your easy stewards etc but give the ye're all against us thing a rest, who knows we might not be her this time tomorrow so maybe Jim might get his way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Re: errrhhh

Originally posted by gael353
    BSLK didnt say anything was wrong with Derry City football club its fans or what ever, he simply said he had a problem with Jim Roddy for putting rovers and limerick through the ringer again.
    I'd take anti-Jim Roddy as anti-DCFC. Jim's a fantastic chairman, done so much for the club. It was him, along with many others, that got us our A Licence, our appeal was justified. He's helped turn this club into the most progressive in the country, it's class. Does any other eL club give fans month meetings where people can go and ask the manager, chairman, board members quesitons? Jim's been brilliant for this club. An attack on Roddy is an attack on the club.
    What exactly did Jim Roddy say about Lims and Shams then? Was it a demand for the full implementation of the licencing system? If so, fair play. While I understand Limerick's problems with getting a licence, this should have been sorted long ago. Derry City put an enormous amount of effort into getting our licence, to the detriment of our performances on the pitch, while other clubs spent like mad and won the league/cups. Shouldn't we push for the full implementation of the licence after all our efforts to get it?
    Have you ever won the treble?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast