Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: License Still up In Air

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Jim Roddy's a prat. Take it any way you want mate. Congrats on getting your Premier license, wouldn't detract from that achievement at all.

I have an awful lot of time for Derry City. The likes of SeanDC, Candystripe and Dortie ar amongst the best people I've met in football circles. That doesn't and won't stop me from thinking that Jim Roddy is just Ollie Byrne with a Northern accent.

Don't let it get you down for cryin' out loud, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd sooner have Roddy as chairperson than our current incumbent but he's still a vulture. An attack on Jim Roddy is not an attack on the club or you or your mum or your cat. It's an attack (if you want to use that word) on Jim Roddy. What are you, his da?
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 03/03/2004 at 2:50 PM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Have to agree with SLK. Derry Fans are like a Box of Choclate Minstrels Hard on the outside but with an incredibly soft centre. . If you give it you have got to be able to take it lads

What would ye do if you were facing extinction etc...

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think everyone has beaten around the bush to an extent in this topic. No-one has mentioned the "rumoured" incident about the League Cup final where urban legend has it, our committee screwed Derry over in regards the gates. To be completly honest I don't know whether or not to believe this story I have heard so many versions of it. Could it be that Derry are doing this to get pay-back?

I'd be interested to hear some Derry fans responses.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Sorry, have I missed something. Why exactly don't ye like Jim Roddy? What has he done? And what are we doing as 'pay back'?

And when we were facing extinction only a few years ago, we went out all over the city looking for money, selling shares, playing friendlies. We know what it's like to stare extinction in the face.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by 4tothefloor
    How juvenile is that?! Cop onto yourself you clown. Is it no wonder that the Harps want the RUC in at the Brandywell when they're dealing with imbeciles like you.

And by the way, Limerick was one of the clubs that voted Derry City into the league of Ireland when alot of other clubs didn't want you. Now you're whinging and trying to get Limerick out. You can always count on the british to stab you in the back, eh?

Leave the fecking British lark out of this you free state sorry ass excuse for an Irishman !!! (I always thought Limerick men were made of more...maybe not...)

Jim Roddy is not out to kill Limerick he is merely trying to get this amateur league to actually maybe stick by its rules for a change.....Sure after all Jim was out to kill Drogheda last year too when they bought players they had no money to pay....!!!
    Its probably better that Limerick re-group out of senior football for a year maybe until you get this license mess sorted out. Nobody wants any club to go under for good.

What the hell type of league do we have when rules cant be adhered too.....maybe we should yipe/whinge at the fact St Pats got a hand out (loan) when we had to collect around houses with buckets during our winding up order.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: Re: License Still up In Air

Originally posted by dancinpants
    And youse might have more supporters at matches if youse stopped f*ckin stabbin eachother at the weekends.
    Dortie mate, I have a lot of time for you but this is the comment that triggered the 'Brit' stuff. It's provocation in my eyes and dancinpants brought it on himself. Maybe people shouldn't have responded in kind but if it's been dished out etc... Anyway, we got a license so that would be that for now. And you and me can still be buds right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: License Still up In Air

Originally posted by sadloserkid
    Dortie mate, I have a lot of time for you but this is the comment that triggered the 'Brit' stuff. It's provocation in my eyes and dancinpants brought it on himself. Maybe people shouldn't have responded in kind but if it's been dished out etc... Anyway, we got a license so that would be that for now. And you and me can still be buds right?
    Never had a problem with Limerick people in fact i admire those of you who try to get behind the team in a City more acustomed to egg chasing...........keep up your efforts.

What bothers me is fellow Irish men dragging themselves along the mud of Unionist ideals and spouting British crap. It hits a raw nerve with me in particular anyway.

Anyway I had pints in the Oak with a few good lads during the play-offs and intend to again sometime.....as for the son of John Bruton.....hes not welcome
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Right I'll admit it,that was out of line.But lads I have me own mouth and i dont come on here proclaiming to be every other Derry fans mouth piece.What I'm saying is that just because I come out with a comment doesnt mean you lads just label us ALL as Brits.I took the Brit comment as a bit of stick and banter (coz i aint a Brit) just as I thought that ye would take my earlier comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Originally posted by dortie
    What the hell type of league do we have when rules cant be adhered too.....maybe we should yipe/whinge at the fact St Pats got a hand out (loan) when we had to collect around houses with buckets during our winding up order.
    Ya, and the stab city dig hits raw nerves down here too. Do you not think we're sick of hearing it? There was no call for it either 'cos it came out of nowhere. dancinpants had a stab city dig, in reply I had a londonderry dig, big deal. Apologies, but I didn't start it!

On the above, if Mr Roddy wants the league to adhere by the rules, then he should now be calling for a 22 team league as 21 of those teams only have licenses to play in the first division. Teams with first division licenses should not be allowed to play in a premier division, therefore there should be no premier division until enough teams can fill one. That would be the correct enforcement of the rules, would it not? Furthermore, should clubs with only a first division license be even alllowed to qualify for Europe? I don't think they should.

But since Derry got upgraded to a premier license, Roddy seems to have been appeased. Thats what I don't understand. If he's looking for the rules to be adhered to, then the situation above is what he should be calling on to be enforced. Afterall, Derry are actually in a position now where they could demand the above, and rightly so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Jim Roddy is great. There are a load of spoofers in the eL like Byrne and Dolan. There is nothing that Jim Roddy is saying that anyone can take exception to. He is right that if the FAI bring in the licence requirments then they actually stick to it and reward those clubs that do the needful and punish those that don't. Realistically this season it is sensible to allow holders of B licences to play in the premier (if only to have a premier) but I am sure Roddy will call next year (and he will be right to do so) that clubs without A licences cannot qualify for Europe. If that means Derry are the only team that can play in Europe then so be it.

Jim Roddy has done nothing to harm Limerick FC. In fact by insisting that standards are higher all round (and nobody who was at the play off match in Derry can deny that their standards are high) he is doing Limerick a favour indirectly.

By the way, the lads that are slagging Roddy off here were all sweetness and light to him when he allowed us onto the pitch and had a chat about their plans after the game in Derry.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    By the way, the lads that are slagging Roddy off here were all sweetness and light to him when he allowed us onto the pitch and had a chat about their plans after the game in Derry.
    Not me, I wasn't there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12