Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cup Final Tickets? Ocean 9.30 Fran Gavin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    Your information is wrong and lets kill this story now, Rovers are getting in excess of 4000 tickets and from information that i have received are being treated very well by the FAI regarding tickets and loction where Sligo fans will be seated.
    You seemed pretty sure when you posted this Well Red. As Guts and Glory asked, who from the club told you this news?

Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    We're getting 2,500 tickets according to Ocean FM.
    Unbelievable. Is there anybody who can put an end to the rumour mill? Can we have something put up on the official website maybe?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I spoke with teh FAI earlier this morning......

Lads we ARE only getting 2500 for the final at the moment. On Monday all aprties will meet in Abbotstown to thrash things out so maybe we may increase our allocation from 2500 to possibly 3500 if Fingal do not take their full allocation.

(However what the FAI have failed to realise is that Tallaght stadium is actually Fingal County Councils ground and who is in the Final only Fingal. The CC will take the full allocation no doubt and distribute them to schools and homes in Fingal leaving us with 2500.)

If it was "Bohs and Shams, we would have put in bucket seating but its only Fingal".FAI seem to think that we would bring maximum 5000, said more close to 7000 -8000 but didnt think so.
    We get 1500+ on a Tuesday playing Bray and we are fighting relegation, more than most teams get ona normal night.
    To put it this way. On average evn though I do not go I'd say the Sligo GAA get between 500-1000 for a national league game.
    How many travelled to the Connaught final..6,000 a hell lot more than 2500.
    These aren’t all GAA fans but sligo fans whatever the sport.
    Now if we are doing anyway well we get 50% more than the GAA so we should easily get 7000 for an FAI final.
    FAI will NOT pay for bucket seating, nothing to do with time its cost.
    Also afraid it would look bad on TV if seats empty.
    This is the same FAI that MADE all LOI clubs, who have **** all money buy 10year tickets for the AVIVA stadium. Made them.
    Explained what if 7000 travel and only 2500 have tickets, what happens when 5000 got to the gate to get in are the FAI prepared to allow this to happen. YES
    Remember this is the same association that will make a minimum of €10, 000000 from the France play off but doesn’t give a damn about the LOI to spend a tiny fraction of this to accommodate genuine LOI football fans.
    The same association that are "doing all they can to get extra tickets for Ireland fans". We are them and the FAI is now playing the role of the French FA. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
    This is the cherry on top by the FAI in a year that they have highlighted their incompetency to run the league

So what do we do...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hopefully someone from the club will tell us what is the truth.............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is the case straight from the FAI
    We are getting 2500 guaranteed and if Fingal send any back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Tallaght is owned by South Dublin County Council Alan, not Fingal. Fingal County Council is on the northside of the city.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    scandalous shower of prics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akearins View Post
    I spoke with teh FAI earlier this morning......

(However what the FAI have failed to realise is that Tallaght stadium is actually Fingal County Councils ground and who is in the Final only Fingal. The CC will take the full allocation no doubt and distribute them to schools and homes in Fingal leaving us with 2500.)
    Couldn't agree with you more Alan in all you say. What do we do now indeed. I'm flabbergasted.
    Must take you up on the above post though. Tallaght stadium belongs to South Dublin County Council, not Fingal County Council.
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion regarding the allocation though. Truly sickening news.
    Sorry Jeebus, too quick for me
    Last edited by dong; 29/10/2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Point already made

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    If 2500 tickets is the case, its a fcuking joke. On the topic of temporary seating, maybe it has to do with the SDCC. Sure weren't Shams not allowed to put in temporary seating for their sell out versus Bohs?

Hope to fcuk its not true. Why couldn't they had it somewhere else ffs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its sickening. they will have to put the tickets on sale in the drog game or something i suppose to guarantee fans are buying them. it feels like the fai have just stood on us as a club !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Might as well play it in Longford as their ground has over 6,000 seats. The Fingal freebies won't bother travelling there. You can tell what the Fai think of the game here limiting the national final to 6000 capacity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Hopefully when the clubs meet up, someone will drill some sense into the FAI. Even one extra stand behind one of the goals would do a job. Move to RDS maybe? I'd rather be in the RDS with 8,000 of us, and the ground looking half empty, than be in Tallaght with 2,500 of us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i honestly think we could fill the ground on our own. hopefully something will be sorted when clubs meet the fai. i fear a bombardment of emails on the way to to the fai

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Throwing a bit of a mad one out here but say you can fit 2,000 buckets seats behind each goal.

Should Rovers suggest on Monday to the FAI that the club will pay for them to be installed on the basis that they sell the tickets for those seats thereby allowing another 4,000 (or whatever number of bucket seats can be installed behind the goals a la the Madrid game) to Rovers fans. We all know Rovers fans would snap up the extra tickets up and the club would hopefully be confident of that also.

Then sales money from the extra 4,000 seats pays for the cost of installation and the balance is split three ways as per FAI Cup games.
    Last edited by Guts&Glory; 29/10/2009 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    2,500 tickets is shocking news.
    The FAI dont give a damn about us and this is the evidence that proves it.
    Clubs up and down the league are struggling for crowds all season, now when we have the potential of a big crowd for the cup final and finish the season on a high note for everyone involved in the league, after all the bad news, what do they do - limit the crowd.
    Are the FAI now in the business of turning fans away.
    It might be expensive to install temporary bucket seats but so what, if even a small percentage of fans return on the back of this final it will pay for itself in the long run.
    Very short sighted and could end up doing more damage to Rovers in the long run, pi$$ing off regular fans and turning away potential ones also.
    The FAI come up with ridiculous ideas such as the An Post scheme giving out free tickets trying to attract new fans, and now we have a situation where people will be crying out to pay for tickets and we cant facilitate them.
    Ive never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life. The whole situation is very demoralising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Hopefully when the clubs meet up, someone will drill some sense into the FAI. Even one extra stand behind one of the goals would do a job. Move to RDS maybe? I'd rather be in the RDS with 8,000 of us, and the ground looking half empty, than be in Tallaght with 2,500 of us.
    I agree. I couldnt give a toss where the final is played, but we cant turn away regular and potential fans. This needs to be sorted out very soon. No point increasing the capacity a few days before the final either, people will be traveling from England, US and other parts. Also if it turns into a mess a lot of the potential fans will turn around and say 'sod it i couldnt be bothered at this stage'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    there not going to change it from tallaght now. not a hope. the FAI are a joke shop. they'll be too busy wondering what restaraunts to go to in paris and when they'll visit the eiffel tower to think about the LOI fans and giving something back to us for a change

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    I agree. I couldnt give a toss where the final is played, but we cant turn away regular and potential fans. This needs to be sorted out very soon. No point increasing the capacity a few days before the final either, people will be traveling from England, US and other parts. Also if it turns into a mess a lot of the potential fans will turn around and say 'sod it i couldnt be bothered at this stage'
    As a season ticket holder and permanent fixture at the International games I am thinking sod it, the FAI can stuff their Int match tickets up their a$%e in future and I will stick with my Rovers season ticket in future.

Too costly and too short notice to install bucket seats is just BS, who else is exactly going to be using them in Ireland/UK in late November ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mr. Brannigan,

Can the club confirm the above claims?

And if so what steps are been taken to resolve the situation?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hopefully season ticket holders and also people who made the huge effort and expense to go to albania will be looked after first. although how would anyone prove they were in albania. i dont think i kept anything from the trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Can I have your ticket?
    ye, i'll post it to you on the 23rd

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast