Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kildare County 1 St.Pat's 0

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kildare County 1 St.Pat's 0

Nice win from a thunderous strike from Kildare lad Andy Dowling. Wearing the number 71 shirt for some strange reason.
    Kildare looked strong all over the pitch. Kildare ruled midfield for long periods where St.Pats midfielder Davey Byrne and Cris Kerin played second fiddle. MOTH was either Ryan O'Donnell or Philip Byrne both only 19 years of age were excellent.
    Pat's did not play a full team, but County upped their performance from the Bohs match. County need to up it another level for the Derry City match. Things are coming along quite nicely.

Kildare
    Danny O'Leary, Ryan O'Donnell, Philip Byrne, Ray Kenny, Shane Harte, Shay Zeller, Robbie Griffen, Alan Byrne, Martin Reilly, Sean Murray, Keith O'Brein. Subs used Graham Doyle, Alan Kelly, Barry O'Connor, Ger O'Brein, James Igwilo, Andy Dowling.

St.Pat's
    Brendan Clarke; James McCruggan, Barry Prenderville, Clive Delaney, Stephen Quigley; Robbie Smith, Davy Byrne, Chris Kerin, Ian Maher (Shepard h/t); Gary McPhee, Aidan O'Keffee
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Happy Days, I was really impressed with our performance lastnite,and young Ryan O Donnell would definitely get my vote as MOTM.He was outstanding,great to have a ball playin g defender again,we havent seen one since the great Alan Keely!!

The whole number thing with the jersey's was slightly embarressing, but things are coming along nicely and im looking towards the new season with optimism now!
    county til i die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    didnt see the game lads, but congrats on the win
    one note of caution : from the team sheet (and excluding long term injury ridden and transfer listed Davey Byrne) Pats appear to have only used 3 first team squad members from last season?

best not to read too much into that result

are starting 11 for the first game will have a very different look to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah Kildare looked good and deserved the win. As wws said it was our u21s with a few trialists but you still played well.

man that was some cold night...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,351 Posts
    Any reason Clive Delaney was playing in an essentially reserve team for Pat's? Is he down the pecking order now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Looking like it. 1st team played v Sligo on Friday and he only played 2nd half. Team v Leicester played all 3 centre halves. Think Collins is trying to accomodate Maguire, Foley and Delaney with only Foley guarenteed a place
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to any Pats lads down at the game lastnite,it was a chilly one to say the least. Not raeding much into it at all really,it was just good to see County dominate a team for a change.Even though it was on a 2nd string side,we havent dominated any team since the Keely days....with the exception of our FAI Cup game with Pats last year,my God we were robbed that night!!! Collins was behind me on the terraces...my God he is a loud f**ker, he should take a leaf out of Hannigans book...the chap hasnt said two words since he arrived last season!

County til I die though..WE ARE GOIN UP AS CHAMPIONS (optimism!!)
    county til i die

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Friendlies count for nothing when compared to real thing the league. I only care about the 3 points on opening day. But it's nice to get a win over the League Cup champs even if the likes
    of the Birdman and Fahey were not playing.

Nice to see the Pat's supporters turn out.

The crowed was smaller than the Bohs match I'd say because of the freezing cold, match on TV and alot of people turned up to see Glen Crowe and play Bingo.

I wore shorts and a t-shirt to Station road last season v Kilkenny City, roll on summer soccer. Ther isn't a better place to work on your tan.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Dowling secures win for County

Dowling secures win for County

Kildare County 1-0 St Patrick’s Athletic
    Kildare County over came the challenge of Premier Division outfit St Patrick’s Athletic at Station Road last night thanks to a Andrew Dowling strike midway through the second half.

The Thoroughbreds included a number of new signings and trialists in their side, while St Pat’s did likewise, although the standard of football produced by both sides was impressive.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.