Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Next season

Realistically this seasons over now, and easily the worst one since 2006. I'm not one to scream for the managers head after one bad result, but honestly can't see Eddie being the man to lead us forward. The lack of fire and unity on the pitch was astounding and for me Eddie has to take the blame for that. I know the budget this year made things difficult, but we just weren't difficult enough to beat. This is what cost us just look at Drogheda under Matthews.
    A lot of players will leave in the off season and hope we get in a new manager to shape the new side. Cheers for what you've done for the club Eddie but it's time for both parties to move on
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Understand the feeling but, realistically, who could replace him? Who's better than Eddie who could be attracted to the position at bray?
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Personally i think it would be a big mistake for the club to get rid of Eddie.
    He's still learning the ropes as a manager and has huge amount to offer the club.

If they were to get rid of him who would they bring in? not too many around that I would fancy as manager except maybe henderson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    He's still learning the ropes as a manager and has huge amount to offer the club.
    I'd have to fully agree with that.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=tippex;1260676]Personally i think it would be a big mistake for the club to get rid of Eddie.

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I just can't get over how disinterested most of the players looked last sunday and imo Eddie has to take the blame for that. I get what your saying lads that he's still learning but I just don't see passion in the team at the moment, and without that we're in trouble
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I totally hear you about the players looking disinterested. But I'm not sure if it is coming back to a general malaise around the town about everything.

I'm baffled as to how the club cannot get more fans into home games. It is frustrating as hell and I think it is the same sort of issue with the "Christmas Lights issue" in the town. Lots of talk from people but nothing gets done about it (im as bad).

A town the size of bray should be supporting the club a lot better than they are not to mention the surrounding areas.

What I'm getting at is when the players came onto the pitch and seen us all on the terrace they must have thought "WTF" where are all the fans.

There just does not seem to be any buzz about the town about anything never mind the club so maybe that contributed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    I totally hear you about the players looking disinterested. But I'm not sure if it is coming back to a general malaise around the town about everything.

I'm baffled as to how the club cannot get more fans into home games. It is frustrating as hell and I think it is the same sort of issue with the "Christmas Lights issue" in the town. Lots of talk from people but nothing gets done about it (im as bad).

A town the size of bray should be supporting the club a lot better than they are not to mention the surrounding areas.

What I'm getting at is when the players came onto the pitch and seen us all on the terrace they must have thought "WTF" where are all the fans.

There just does not seem to be any buzz about the town about anything never mind the club so maybe that contributed.
    That's a good point. What must the players think when teams as far away as Derry can bring support that outsings us the whole game? That said, they're footballers, a lot of them are getting paid, they shouldn't need an epic motivational speech and 2000 supporters in order to give their all for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why don't Bray have a lot of fans?

We're awful at football.

We have a ridiculous stadium.

When we do get fans,they're turned off by the fact that they must behave like they are in a PG movie because we're the 'family club',when in fact we're a joke.

Simple really.
    bray boys on tour 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bray boy View Post

We're awful at football.

When we do get fans,they're turned off by the fact that they must behave like they are in a PG movie because we're the 'family club',when in fact we're a joke.

Simple really.
    You sure you support Bray mate?

Calling your own club a joke is never going to achieve anything. A sure-fire way to ensure the club never goes anywhere is to encourage negativity among our own supporters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

We're awful at football.

Simple really.
    You're the joke, why the hell do you go near that'ridiculous stadium' to watch 'awful football'??
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You sure you support Bray mate?

Calling your own club a joke is never going to achieve anything. A sure-fire way to ensure the club never goes anywhere is to encourage negativity among our own supporters
    yup i do support Bray.

Talking about the state of the club on foot.ie is not going to achieve anything either,its just talking.

I'm not encouraging negativity i'm just saying what i'm thinking and i'm defo not alone in my opinion.

You're the joke, why the hell do you go near that'ridiculous stadium' to watch 'awful football'??
    Eh because their my football team i travel up and down the country with them and i love em.
    bray boys on tour 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Eh because their my football team i travel up and down the country with them and i love em.
    And you come on here to slag them off...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If they were to get rid of him who would they bring in? not too many around that I would fancy as manager except maybe henderson.
    Yeah I'd largely go with that too. We cut our cloth and lost good players close season and obviously Paddy during the season but I hope Eddie stays on. If we had a bit more experience in our side this season we could have closed out a few more games (Drogheda at home recently springs to mind) but I think some of our players are amongst the best we've had for some time and will only get better (hopefully with us).

There's going to be some good clubs in the 1st division next year, will be a very difficult season, would be for the best if we had continuity. I think it's time the FAI increased the premier division to 16 and put the rest in the A championship with licensing the criteria for going up/down after that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wink A lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Boy View Post
    Yeah I'd largely go with that too. We cut our cloth and lost good players close season and obviously Paddy during the season but I hope Eddie stays on. If we had a bit more experience in our side this season we could have closed out a few more games (Drogheda at home recently springs to mind) but I think some of our players are amongst the best we've had for some time and will only get better (hopefully with us).

There's going to be some good clubs in the 1st division next year, will be a very difficult season, would be for the best if we had continuity. I think it's time the FAI increased the premier division to 16 and put the rest in the A championship with licensing the criteria for going up/down after that.
    Its good to see somebody submit something thats positive,we must not forget that we are in very difficult times and all Clubs not just Bray are finding things very difficult with buinesses unwilling to spend any money so sponsorship etc. is virtually impossible to negotiate. At least Bray don't seem to have a noose around their necks like a lot of other Clubs who can only be decribed as cheats the way they did their business to the detriment of Clubs like Bray who did things properly.Surely its time the people at the top namely the F.A.I. did their job and punished these Clubs and gave credit to Clubs like Bray who beahved in the proper manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'd actually have to agree with Bray boy, the club have tried with this 'family club' label and it has not worked at all, the attendances have been probably getting worse over the last 10 years which is when they have tried to promote this family club thing, can they not see that its not working and try change it now....

And as well as that, the ground is not up to the scratch at all, they keep making up plans but putting them off, then making temporay solutions to long term problems around the ground. I no it costs money to do anything these days but the amount they have probably spent on trying to improve the ground we'd nearly have a new stand with that money. I know the club dont really have that much money to do much to the ground but hopefully they get the planning permisson and get rid of the kip we're in now.

And before you all start moaning, I am a fan and just like bray boy I go everywhere to see them and barely miss a game every season, i'm just giving my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&whitearmy View Post
    I'd actually have to agree with Bray boy, the club have tried with this 'family club' label and it has not worked at all, the attendances have been probably getting worse over the last 10 years which is when they have tried to promote this family club thing, can they not see that its not working and try change it now....

And as well as that, the ground is not up to the scratch at all, they keep making up plans but putting them off, then making temporay solutions to long term problems around the ground. I no it costs money to do anything these days but the amount they have probably spent on trying to improve the ground we'd nearly have a new stand with that money. I know the club dont really have that much money to do much to the ground but hopefully they get the planning permisson and get rid of the kip we're in now.

And before you all start moaning, I am a fan and just like bray boy I go everywhere to see them and barely miss a game every season, i'm just giving my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.....
    I agree with you green&white, The family club label hasnt work at all, my personal opinion is that there are a few people involved with the club afraid of change, and afraid to let a younger breed of supporter into the club to forward any new idea's they may have, it is a family club but for all the wrong reasons, this is only my opinion now. i dont know what its like now but we wernt even allowed sing on the bus on away trips or anything! one time a few of us at a match were singing DEVO OUT and we where told that we would be barred if we kept it up, anyone agree with that?? you could not voice your own opinion at a match where you paid into while being a member of the supporters club! dont get me wrong i love going to the carlisle but the place is a shambles and people who think otherwise are mad! the dressing rooms are portacabins and the stand is a glorified marquee, even wicklow league clubs dont have to get changed in a portacabin no matter how nice it is inside.
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I think to have a go at the portacabins (changing rooms) is needless. They are actually the biggest and nicest changing rooms in the League ! But the rest of the ground needs serious redevelopment.

Personally i don't think it matters what label we have on the club, we just don' have enough supporters to have a label or tag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I agree with Bray Boy and Green&whitearmy...

The club needs a complete change, and that starts at the top. Everyone in the club has been there nearly since it started, which is great and shows that they really love the club, but as has been mentioned, they are afraid of change. i think they should bring some new directors in (if possible) and even a new general manager with fresh ideas and a fresh approach to things.
    everything the club plans for is in the future (which is ok on paper) but what about NOW.... So many plans for the ground and the club itself have come and gone, i really want to see the club making progress off the field now.
    The club seem to wait for something to happen to react to it, example would be the wall collapsing - that was loose for over a year, should have been fixed before it had collapsed...
    everything seems to be half done cheapily rather than done right and professionally... a new approach is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    everything the club plans for is in the future .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast